Windows Media Player Plug-in errors - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Windows Media Player Plug-in errors - Mozilla ; I've been having lots of problems with the Windows Media Player Plug-in lately. (Version 1.5.0.7 on XP SP2). about lugins shows npdsplay.dll associated properly, the plugin comes up, but most of the time it won't play the video. if it ...

  1. Windows Media Player Plug-in errors

    I've been having lots of problems with the Windows Media Player Plug-in
    lately. (Version 1.5.0.7 on XP SP2).

    aboutlugins shows npdsplay.dll associated properly, the plugin comes
    up, but most of the time it won't play the video. if it does play the
    video and i close the window before it stops, it usually generates a
    dialog that states "The plug-in performed an illegal operation. It is
    highly recommended that you restart Firefox." I usually can't do
    anything in FF after that except close the windows. That doesn't stop
    it though, I have to open Task Manager and kill the process.

    This all used to work acceptably well, I don't know what I might have
    changed that's causing it.

    Ideas?
    -jsd-

  2. Re: Windows Media Player Plug-in errors

    Jon Drukman wrote:
    > I've been having lots of problems with the Windows Media Player Plug-in
    > lately. (Version 1.5.0.7 on XP SP2).
    >
    > aboutlugins shows npdsplay.dll associated properly, the plugin comes
    > up, but most of the time it won't play the video. if it does play the
    > video and i close the window before it stops, it usually generates a
    > dialog that states "The plug-in performed an illegal operation. It is
    > highly recommended that you restart Firefox." I usually can't do
    > anything in FF after that except close the windows. That doesn't stop
    > it though, I have to open Task Manager and kill the process.
    >
    > This all used to work acceptably well, I don't know what I might have
    > changed that's causing it.
    >
    > Ideas?
    > -jsd-

    see this troubleshooting page :