1,5,0.7 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on 1,5,0.7 - Mozilla ; Can't get on line with 1.5.0.7 ..all firewalls are off...still no go.. How can I keep 1.5.0.6...

  1. 1,5,0.7

    Can't get on line with 1.5.0.7 ..all firewalls are off...still no go.. How
    can I keep 1.5.0.6

  2. Re: 1,5,0.7

    Bill and Myrna wrote:
    > Can't get on line with 1.5.0.7 ..all firewalls are off...still no go.. How
    > can I keep 1.5.0.6

    Not advisable to keep 1.5.0.6 since 1.5.0.7 is a *security* update and
    contains security and bug fixes.

    Are you sure your firewall is off? You say "all firewalls are off"
    ...sure hope you meant only one ...it is not wise to run more than one
    since they can conflict with each other.

    I presume IE is working? If not you may have a problem with your connection.

    Report back on what firewall you are running ..and if more than one you
    need to remove one and keep the other.

    --
    Brian

    .. http://www.mozilla.org | http://ilias.ca/mozilla/ | http://ilias.ca/

    .. No keyboard found. Press F1 to continue.

    .. Internet "Help" Desk: http://www.deadtroll.com/video/helldeskcable.html

  3. Re: 1,5,0.7

    Bill and Myrna wrote:
    > Can't get on line with 1.5.0.7 ..all firewalls are off...still no go.. How
    > can I keep 1.5.0.6

    What kind of firewall are you running? Have you rebooted the machine?

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  4. Re: 1,5,0.7

    Bill and Myrna wrote:
    > Can't get on line with 1.5.0.7 ..all firewalls are off...still no go.. How
    > can I keep 1.5.0.6

    just because you say your Firewalls are off doesn't mean its been
    closed properly. It could still be running and you're not aware of
    it. Open the firewall, look for the Firefox entry and remove it. Now
    start FF. Does it work now?

    And what do you mean by firewalls? Do you have more than one? If so,
    that could cause a conflick and create a security havoc

    --
    Linguistic Evolution continued . . . In the third year, publik
    akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage

  5. Re: 1,5,0.7

    Bill and Myrna wrote:
    > Can't get on line with 1.5.0.7 ..all firewalls are off...still no go.. How
    > can I keep 1.5.0.6

    If you use Zone Alarm firewall then using the task bar icon to turn it
    off doesn't actually turn it off. You need to go into the task manager
    and turn it off from there.

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

  6. Re: 1,5,0.7

    Bill and Myrna wrote:
    > Can't get on line with 1.5.0.7 ..all firewalls are off...still no go.. How
    > can I keep 1.5.0.6

    You don't have to keep Firewall closed. either delete firefox
    entry from them any start Firefox or configure them properly to
    allow firefox to access internet .
    you may also see this page : http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firewalls
    also goto Tools>Options>General>Connection settings and check
    settings.

+ Reply to Thread