Font sizes keeps changing! - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Font sizes keeps changing! - Mozilla ; I am using FF 1.5.0.7. Every time i increase the font size via the ctrl + keys, the size increases, but when i go to a different page it reverts backs. This is becoming quite annoying! Any help would be ...

  1. Font sizes keeps changing!

    I am using FF 1.5.0.7. Every time i increase the font size via the ctrl +
    keys, the size increases, but when i go to a different page it reverts
    backs. This is becoming quite annoying! Any help would be greatly
    appreciated.!

    Thanks

    laserbiz

    laserbizATgmail.com

    Replace the AT with @

  2. Re: Font sizes keeps changing!

    Laser Biz wrote:
    > I am using FF 1.5.0.7. Every time i increase the font size via the ctrl +
    > keys, the size increases, but when i go to a different page it reverts
    > backs. This is becoming quite annoying! Any help would be greatly
    > appreciated.!

    If you use ctrl + and - keys to change the font size, it is supposed to
    be temporary, so your browser is working correctly.

    You propably would like to use the Tools-> options-> Content->
    Fonts&Colors-> Advanced-> Minimum font size.

  3. Re: Font sizes keeps changing!

    Laser Biz wrote:
    > I am using FF 1.5.0.7. Every time i increase the font size via the ctrl +
    > keys, the size increases, but when i go to a different page it reverts
    > backs. This is becoming quite annoying! Any help would be greatly
    > appreciated.!
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > laserbiz
    >
    > laserbizATgmail.com
    >
    > Replace the AT with @

    all you're doing is changing for that page only. When you go to a new
    page, well, thats a whole now page, and those settings are not
    applied. See Aggro's response for a solution.

    --
    Linguistic Evolution continued . . . In the third year, publik
    akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage

  4. Re: Font sizes keeps changing!

    "gwtc" wrote in message
    news:toidnSBua4xCQo_YnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Laser Biz wrote:
    >> I am using FF 1.5.0.7. Every time i increase the font size via the ctrl
    >> + keys, the size increases, but when i go to a different page it reverts
    >> backs. This is becoming quite annoying! Any help would be greatly
    >> appreciated.!
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> laserbiz
    >>
    >> laserbizATgmail.com
    >>
    >> Replace the AT with @

    > all you're doing is changing for that page only. When you go to a new
    > page, well, thats a whole now page, and those settings are not applied.
    > See Aggro's response for a solution.

    Let me revise my statement, after increasing the size on the SAME page, it
    changes back to the smaller font with NO input from me!

  5. Re: Font sizes keeps changing!

    "Laser Biz" wrote in message

    > "gwtc" wrote in message
    > news:toidnSBua4xCQo_YnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> Laser Biz wrote:
    >>> I am using FF 1.5.0.7. Every time i increase the font size via the ctrl
    >>> + keys, the size increases, but when i go to a different page it reverts
    >>> backs. This is becoming quite annoying! Any help would be greatly
    >>> appreciated.!
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> laserbiz
    >>>
    >>> laserbizATgmail.com
    >>>
    >>> Replace the AT with @

    >> all you're doing is changing for that page only. When you go to a new
    >> page, well, thats a whole now page, and those settings are not applied.
    >> See Aggro's response for a solution.
    >>

    > Let me revise my statement, after increasing the size on the SAME page, it
    > changes back to the smaller font with NO input from me!

    Well I found the problem. My son had installed an "ask.com" toolbar which
    was overiding the zoom feature on FF. As for the ctrl + command for
    increasing the font size, you are wrong in stating that when you go to a
    new page it should revert back, The command is Tab specific. once you change
    the size for a tab, it should remain that size no matter what pages you
    visit. If however you use a different tab then you would need to apply the
    ctrl + to that tab. Thanks anyway for your responses.

    laserbiz

  6. Re: Font sizes keeps changing!

    Laser Biz wrote:

    > Well I found the problem. My son had installed an "ask.com" toolbar which
    > was overiding the zoom feature on FF. As for the ctrl + command for
    > increasing the font size, you are wrong in stating that when you go to a
    > new page it should revert back, The command is Tab specific. once you change
    > the size for a tab, it should remain that size no matter what pages you
    > visit. If however you use a different tab then you would need to apply the
    > ctrl + to that tab.

    You are right. Sorry about the misinformation. I was too used in
    reverting font size with ctrl + 0.

  7. Re: Font sizes keeps changing!

    On 09/21/2006 02:07 PM, Laser Biz wrote:

    > Let me revise my statement, after increasing the size on the SAME page, it
    > changes back to the smaller font with NO input from me!

    My guess is that Javascript is reloading or re-writing that page.
    Disable Javascript and see if the problem still occurs.

    --
    paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net

  8. Re: Font sizes keeps changing!

    Laser Biz wrote:
    > "Laser Biz" wrote in message
    >> "gwtc" wrote in message
    >> news:toidnSBua4xCQo_YnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..

    >>> all you're doing is changing for that page only. When you go to a new
    >>> page, well, thats a whole now page, and those settings are not applied.
    >>> See Aggro's response for a solution.
    >>>

    >> Let me revise my statement, after increasing the size on the SAME page, it
    >> changes back to the smaller font with NO input from me!
    >>

    > Well I found the problem. My son had installed an "ask.com" toolbar which
    > was overiding the zoom feature on FF. As for the ctrl + command for
    > increasing the font size, you are wrong in stating that when you go to a
    > new page it should revert back, The command is Tab specific. once you change
    > the size for a tab, it should remain that size no matter what pages you
    > visit. If however you use a different tab then you would need to apply the
    > ctrl + to that tab. Thanks anyway for your responses.
    >
    > laserbiz

    Why not set your son up with his own distinct profile? That way, he can
    customize it as he likes, without disturbing your settings.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

+ Reply to Thread