XPICLEANUP.EXE (is not a virus) - Mozilla

This is a discussion on XPICLEANUP.EXE (is not a virus) - Mozilla ; If this is a cleanup program for Firefox, why not remove it , when the program is done "RUNONCE", so AVG does NOT SEE IT AS A VIRUS ???? If the program is no longer needed, it should be removed ...

  1. XPICLEANUP.EXE (is not a virus)

    If this is a cleanup program for Firefox, why not remove it , when the
    program is done "RUNONCE", so AVG does NOT SEE IT AS A VIRUS ????

    If the program is no longer needed, it should be removed from the
    directory. I Wrote an email to AVG, asking them the same thing (sort
    of), that if they knew the MD5, and knew this program was used for
    years, why didnt they tag it, and say, Ok, the program check's out,
    just delete it?

    Instead of telling the user there is a virus when there ISN'T???

    AVG - False alarm. (exspecially if you just installed firefox)

    OS9USER
    http://os9user.blogspot.com
    http://freewebs.com/os9user

  2. Re: XPICLEANUP.EXE (is not a virus)

    _OS9USER_ spoke thusly on 21/09/2006 7:38 AM:
    > If this is a cleanup program for Firefox, why not remove it , when the
    > program is done "RUNONCE", so AVG does NOT SEE IT AS A VIRUS ????
    >
    > If the program is no longer needed, it should be removed from the
    > directory. I Wrote an email to AVG, asking them the same thing (sort
    > of), that if they knew the MD5, and knew this program was used for
    > years, why didnt they tag it, and say, Ok, the program check's out,
    > just delete it?
    >
    > Instead of telling the user there is a virus when there ISN'T???
    >
    > AVG - False alarm. (exspecially if you just installed firefox)

    http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...031ced6b43b668
    Update AVG.
    --
    Chris Ilias