Problems viewing text in Russian version install screens - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Problems viewing text in Russian version install screens - Mozilla ; I'm trying to install the Russian version of Firefox on a Windows 2000 system with the multilanguage option for Russian installed. I've got all cyrillic fonts installed that I know of but the install screens are unreadable gibberish. Does anyone ...

  1. Problems viewing text in Russian version install screens

    I'm trying to install the Russian version of Firefox on a Windows 2000
    system with the multilanguage option for Russian installed. I've got all
    cyrillic fonts installed that I know of but the install screens are
    unreadable gibberish. Does anyone know what fonts I need or what I might
    need to do to get this to display properly?

    I'm assuming the interface would use the same encoding so just installing it
    as it is now won't do me much good.

    Thanks!

    -Chris

  2. Re: Problems viewing text in Russian version install screens

    Chris Milliken wrote:
    > I'm trying to install the Russian version of Firefox on a Windows 2000
    > system with the multilanguage option for Russian installed. I've got all
    > cyrillic fonts installed that I know of but the install screens are
    > unreadable gibberish. Does anyone know what fonts I need or what I might
    > need to do to get this to display properly?
    >
    > I'm assuming the interface would use the same encoding so just installing it
    > as it is now won't do me much good.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > -Chris

    try fiddling around with the Character Encoding [under View]

    --
    Linguistic Evolution continued . . . In the third year, publik
    akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage

+ Reply to Thread