How to I add a button to Firefox? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How to I add a button to Firefox? - Mozilla ; I would like to add a button to Firefox that invokes a program, in a similar fashion to what is possible on Internet Explorer as described in the following article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...als/button.asp How do I do that? If this is not ...

  1. How to I add a button to Firefox?

    I would like to add a button to Firefox that invokes a program, in a
    similar fashion to what is possible on Internet Explorer as described
    in the following article:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...als/button.asp

    How do I do that?

    If this is not the right newsgroup to ask this question, could you
    please refer me to the right place?

    Thanks!
    Victor

  2. Re: How to I add a button to Firefox?

    vc6@ausi.com wrote:
    > I would like to add a button to Firefox that invokes a program, in a
    > similar fashion to what is possible on Internet Explorer as described
    > in the following article:
    >
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...als/button.asp
    >
    > How do I do that?
    >
    > If this is not the right newsgroup to ask this question, could you
    > please refer me to the right place?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Victor

    Might this extension help?

    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2707/

    There is also this one:

    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=40

    Its not maintained anymore, but it might still work if bumped with
    nightly tester tools.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  3. Re: How to I add a button to Firefox?

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Might this extension help?
    >
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2707/
    >
    > There is also this one:
    >
    > http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=40
    >
    > Its not maintained anymore, but it might still work if bumped with
    > nightly tester tools.

    Thanks, Lee - these are great resources. I may actually use them as a
    Firefox user, but at the moment I was looking more for a way to that
    programmatically. Perhaps the following link I just found has the
    answer, I will have to read it more thoroughly:

    http://www.borngeek.com/firefox/toolbar-tutorial/

    Victor

+ Reply to Thread