Video stream no longer works - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Video stream no longer works - Mozilla ; With version 1.5.0.6 of Firefox under FC5, I can no longer play videos of the type at the following site: http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html These have always worked for me until recently. I google'd for an answer, and one of the suggestions was ...

  1. Video stream no longer works

    With version 1.5.0.6 of Firefox under FC5, I can no longer
    play videos of the type at the following site:

    http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html

    These have always worked for me until recently. I google'd for
    an answer, and one of the suggestions was to delete all cookies,
    which I did, to no avail. I also tried the latest version 1.5.0.7,
    and still no joy.

    Here are the plugins in my plugins directory, which are registered
    when I enter aboutlugins in the browser:

    myhost:/usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.6/plugins> ls -l
    total 3012
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 856 Sep 4 19:44 flashplayer.xpt
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2154768 Sep 4 19:44 libflashplayer.so
    lrwxrwxrwx 2 root root 58 Sep 4 19:54 libjavaplugin_oji.so -> /usr/java/jre1.5.0_07/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 18524 Aug 8 15:10 libnullplugin.so
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 10932 Aug 8 15:10 libunixprintplugin.so
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 40 Sep 4 23:03 nphelix.so -> /usr/local/RealPlayer/mozilla/nphelix.so
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 41 Sep 4 23:03 nphelix.xpt -> /usr/local/RealPlayer/mozilla/nphelix.xpt
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 878568 Sep 4 19:44 nppdf.so

  2. Re: Video stream no longer works

    /Fred/ said:

    > With version 1.5.0.6 of Firefox under FC5, I can no longer
    > play videos of the type at the following site:
    >
    > http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html
    >
    > These have always worked for me until recently. I google'd for
    > an answer, and one of the suggestions was to delete all cookies,
    > which I did, to no avail. I also tried the latest version 1.5.0.7,
    > and still no joy.
    >
    > Here are the plugins in my plugins directory, which are registered
    > when I enter aboutlugins in the browser:
    >
    > myhost:/usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.6/plugins> ls -l
    > total 3012
    > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 856 Sep 4 19:44 flashplayer.xpt
    > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2154768 Sep 4 19:44 libflashplayer.so
    > lrwxrwxrwx 2 root root 58 Sep 4 19:54 libjavaplugin_oji.so -> /usr/java/jre1.5.0_07/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
    > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 18524 Aug 8 15:10 libnullplugin.so
    > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 10932 Aug 8 15:10 libunixprintplugin.so
    > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 40 Sep 4 23:03 nphelix.so -> /usr/local/RealPlayer/mozilla/nphelix.so
    > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 41 Sep 4 23:03 nphelix.xpt -> /usr/local/RealPlayer/mozilla/nphelix.xpt
    > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 878568 Sep 4 19:44 nppdf.so

    The two I tested on the *Windows platform* were delivered by Flash.
    Download and install the latest player from http://adobe.com

  3. Re: Video stream no longer works

    hb wrote:
    > /Fred/ said:
    >
    >> With version 1.5.0.6 of Firefox under FC5, I can no longer
    >> play videos of the type at the following site:
    >>
    >> http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html
    >>
    >> These have always worked for me until recently. I google'd for
    >> an answer, and one of the suggestions was to delete all cookies,
    >> which I did, to no avail. I also tried the latest version 1.5.0.7,
    >> and still no joy.
    >>
    >> Here are the plugins in my plugins directory, which are registered
    >> when I enter aboutlugins in the browser:
    >>
    >> myhost:/usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.6/plugins> ls -l
    >> total 3012
    >> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 856 Sep 4 19:44 flashplayer.xpt
    >> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2154768 Sep 4 19:44 libflashplayer.so
    >> lrwxrwxrwx 2 root root 58 Sep 4 19:54 libjavaplugin_oji.so -> /usr/java/jre1.5.0_07/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
    >> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 18524 Aug 8 15:10 libnullplugin.so
    >> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 10932 Aug 8 15:10 libunixprintplugin.so
    >> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 40 Sep 4 23:03 nphelix.so -> /usr/local/RealPlayer/mozilla/nphelix.so
    >> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 41 Sep 4 23:03 nphelix.xpt -> /usr/local/RealPlayer/mozilla/nphelix.xpt
    >> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 878568 Sep 4 19:44 nppdf.so

    > The two I tested on the *Windows platform* were delivered by Flash.
    > Download and install the latest player from http://adobe.com

    Actually , 'flashplayer.xpt' & 'libflashplayer.so' - Flash Plugins
    ( version 7 ) under Linux. And 7.* is the latest Flash Version for
    Linux users.

  4. Re: Video stream no longer works

    > > /Fred/ said:
    > >> With version 1.5.0.6 of Firefox under FC5, I can no longer
    > >> play videos of the type at the following site:
    > >> http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.htm

    Long ad at the beginning, and obscured screen, not something
    I'd think worth watching. Disable AdBlock so you can get
    the doubleclick sponsored ads. Needless to say I have no interest
    in the site. SiteAdvisor says it's okay, which just means you won't
    be inundanted by email from foxnews. Seems to me that this is
    the kind of stuff many people install Firefox to protect themselves from.
    Remember the terms of service of a site means nothing if they
    open it up to 3rd party sites to run the things that they say they don't
    do. Then they probably turn around and buy the results, so legally
    their terms of service may be true it may have little meaning.
    --
    David McRitchie, Firefox customizations/extensions notes, see
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

  5. Re: Video stream no longer works

    On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 23:00:02 -0400, David McRitchie wrote:

    > Long ad at the beginning, and obscured screen, not something
    > I'd think worth watching. Disable AdBlock so you can get
    > the doubleclick sponsored ads. Needless to say I have no interest
    > in the site. SiteAdvisor says it's okay, which just means you won't
    > be inundanted by email from foxnews. Seems to me that this is
    > the kind of stuff many people install Firefox to protect themselves from.
    > Remember the terms of service of a site means nothing if they
    > open it up to 3rd party sites to run the things that they say they don't
    > do. Then they probably turn around and buy the results, so legally
    > their terms of service may be true it may have little meaning.

    I should have mentioned that I tried disabling blocking popup
    windows, which had no affect. I also tried to specifically
    allow the sites involved. I also neglected to mention
    that I hear audio, but no picture. The area where the video
    should be displayed is black. One thing I noticed if I clear
    all cookies, I at least see the option to select "High Speed
    (300K) or "Low Speed (56K). This has worked with several
    previous versions of Firefox. Still digging...

    -Thanks

  6. Re: Video stream no longer works

    By obscured I meant advertising in the lower corners of the video
    not the black screen that you get. Before turning off AdBlock
    I did not get audio or video, I chose high speed connection.
    You can see my extensions and plugins in InfoLister listing at
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firef...er_listing.htm

    Did you actually turn off AdBlock rather than just enabling sites
    right click on AdBlock, preferences, options, turn off obj-tabs
    even if it says problem is fixed flash file would not work with it on.
    see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Problematic_extensions

    I can simulate what you have by choosing hide ads in lower
    corner of AdBlock dialog, instead of block ads. -- then I get audio only.
    ..
    If you have AdBlock disable it from by right clicking on the
    AdBlock button on the status bar.
    The AdBlock disable takes effect immediately
    I did not mean the Tools, Extensions, Disable but since I
    can simulate the problem -- I have my doubts that tried to disable
    AdBlock in any manner only that you allowed some blocked urls.

    the site http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html plays okay in
    Opera and I don't change any options in Opera. But when I tried to
    click on Options at the bottom of the viewer it took down Opera,
    with Firefox I could see controls not just the word Options..
    --
    David McRitchie, Firefox customizations/extensions notes, see
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

  7. Re: Video stream no longer works

    Fred wrote:
    > On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 23:00:02 -0400, David McRitchie wrote:
    >
    >> Long ad at the beginning, and obscured screen, not something
    >> I'd think worth watching. Disable AdBlock so you can get
    >> the doubleclick sponsored ads. Needless to say I have no interest
    >> in the site. SiteAdvisor says it's okay, which just means you won't
    >> be inundanted by email from foxnews. Seems to me that this is
    >> the kind of stuff many people install Firefox to protect themselves from.
    >> Remember the terms of service of a site means nothing if they
    >> open it up to 3rd party sites to run the things that they say they don't
    >> do. Then they probably turn around and buy the results, so legally
    >> their terms of service may be true it may have little meaning.

    > I should have mentioned that I tried disabling blocking popup
    > windows, which had no affect. I also tried to specifically
    > allow the sites involved. I also neglected to mention
    > that I hear audio, but no picture. The area where the video
    > should be displayed is black. One thing I noticed if I clear
    > all cookies, I at least see the option to select "High Speed
    > (300K) or "Low Speed (56K). This has worked with several
    > previous versions of Firefox. Still digging...
    >
    > -Thanks

    He didnt say disable pop up blocker, he said disable Adblock

  8. Re: Video stream no longer works

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Fred wrote:
    >> On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 23:00:02 -0400, David McRitchie wrote:
    >>
    >>> Long ad at the beginning, and obscured screen, not something
    >>> I'd think worth watching. Disable AdBlock so you can get
    >>> the doubleclick sponsored ads. Needless to say I have no interest
    >>> in the site. SiteAdvisor says it's okay, which just means you won't
    >>> be inundanted by email from foxnews. Seems to me that this is
    >>> the kind of stuff many people install Firefox to protect themselves
    >>> from.
    >>> Remember the terms of service of a site means nothing if they
    >>> open it up to 3rd party sites to run the things that they say they don't
    >>> do. Then they probably turn around and buy the results, so legally
    >>> their terms of service may be true it may have little meaning.

    >> I should have mentioned that I tried disabling blocking popup
    >> windows, which had no affect. I also tried to specifically
    >> allow the sites involved. I also neglected to mention
    >> that I hear audio, but no picture. The area where the video
    >> should be displayed is black. One thing I noticed if I clear
    >> all cookies, I at least see the option to select "High Speed
    >> (300K) or "Low Speed (56K). This has worked with several previous
    >> versions of Firefox. Still digging...
    >>
    >> -Thanks
    >>

    > He didnt say disable pop up blocker, he said disable Adblock

    I'm running the newest version of FF

    I cannot make the fox link work. I have turned off Adblock
    Plus and I have allowed everything on noscript. Still, I
    get no further than the request as to whether I want dial up
    or high speed - and then nothing. Yes....once again, it
    works in IE.

    I say "sadly", because it is frustrating to have to keep
    switching over to IE for video that FF can't play.

    Louise

  9. Re: Video stream no longer works

    Fred wrote:
    > With version 1.5.0.6 of Firefox under FC5, I can no longer
    > play videos of the type at the following site:
    >
    > http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html
    >
    > These have always worked for me until recently. I google'd for
    > an answer, and one of the suggestions was to delete all cookies,
    > which I did, to no avail. I also tried the latest version 1.5.0.7,
    > and still no joy.
    >

    > Here are the plugins in my plugins directory, which are registered
    > when I enter aboutlugins in the browser:
    >

    > myhost:/usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.6/plugins> ls -l
    > total 3012
    > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 856 Sep 4 19:44 flashplayer.xpt
    > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2154768 Sep 4 19:44 libflashplayer.so
    > lrwxrwxrwx 2 root root 58 Sep 4 19:54 libjavaplugin_oji.so -> /usr/java/jre1.5.0_07/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
    > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 18524 Aug 8 15:10 libnullplugin.so
    > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 10932 Aug 8 15:10 libunixprintplugin.so
    > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 40 Sep 4 23:03 nphelix.so -> /usr/local/RealPlayer/mozilla/nphelix.so
    > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 41 Sep 4 23:03 nphelix.xpt -> /usr/local/RealPlayer/mozilla/nphelix.xpt
    > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 878568 Sep 4 19:44 nppdf.so

    in my case when i select 'Low Speed (56K)' , it starts playing
    through Mplayer Plugins.

    In above listed plugins only none can play streaming video . I
    don't have helix Player installed. But i think it can't handle
    streaming video. you need to install Mplayer plugins from :
    http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux.html#mplayer

  10. Re: Video stream no longer works

    _Fred_ spoke thusly on 18/09/2006 11:10 PM:
    > I should have mentioned that I tried disabling blocking popup
    > windows, which had no affect. I also tried to specifically
    > allow the sites involved. I also neglected to mention
    > that I hear audio, but no picture. The area where the video
    > should be displayed is black. One thing I noticed if I clear
    > all cookies, I at least see the option to select "High Speed
    > (300K) or "Low Speed (56K). This has worked with several
    > previous versions of Firefox. Still digging...

    How about you tell us what extensions you have installed, and what
    plug-ins are listed in aboutlugins. :-)
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  11. Re: Video stream no longer works

    louise wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> Fred wrote:

    >>> I should have mentioned that I tried disabling blocking popup
    >>> windows, which had no affect. I also tried to specifically
    >>> allow the sites involved. I also neglected to mention
    >>> that I hear audio, but no picture. The area where the video
    >>> should be displayed is black. One thing I noticed if I clear
    >>> all cookies, I at least see the option to select "High Speed
    >>> (300K) or "Low Speed (56K). This has worked with several previous
    >>> versions of Firefox. Still digging...
    >>>
    >>> -Thanks
    >>>

    >> He didnt say disable pop up blocker, he said disable Adblock

    > I'm running the newest version of FF
    >
    > I cannot make the fox link work. I have turned off Adblock Plus and I
    > have allowed everything on noscript. Still, I get no further than the
    > request as to whether I want dial up or high speed - and then nothing.
    > Yes....once again, it works in IE.
    >
    > I say "sadly", because it is frustrating to have to keep switching over
    > to IE for video that FF can't play.
    >
    > Louise

    Have you allowed cookies for the site?

  12. Re: Video stream no longer works

    On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 02:24:44 -0400, Chris Ilias wrote:

    > How about you tell us what extensions you have installed, and what
    > plug-ins are listed in aboutlugins. :-)

    I had more plugins installed, but have reduced it to ONLY the
    mplayer plugin. However, I essentially get the same results
    with that -- Sound but no video.

    myhost:/home/fred/plugins> ls -1
    libjavaplugin_oji.so
    libnullplugin.so
    libunixprintplugin.so
    mplayerplug-in-dvx.so
    mplayerplug-in-qt.so
    mplayerplug-in-rm.so
    mplayerplug-in-wmp.so
    mplayerplug-in.so

    Installed plug-ins
    Find more information about browser plug-ins at mozilla.org.
    Help for installing plug-ins is available from plugindoc.mozdev.org.
    DivX Browser Plug-In

    File name: mplayerplug-in-dvx.so
    mplayerplug-in 3.31

    Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer
    JavaScript Enabled and Using GTK2 Widgets

    MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    video/divx DivX Media Format divx Yes
    video/vnd.divx DivX Media Format divx Yes
    QuickTime Plug-in 6.0 / 7

    File name: mplayerplug-in-qt.so
    mplayerplug-in 3.31

    Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer
    JavaScript Enabled and Using GTK2 Widgets

    MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    video/quicktime Quicktime mov Yes
    video/x-quicktime Quicktime mov Yes
    image/x-quicktime Quicktime mov Yes
    video/quicktime Quicktime mp4 Yes
    video/quicktime Quicktime - Session Description Protocol sdp Yes
    application/x-quicktimeplayer Quicktime mov Yes
    application/smil SMIL smil Yes
    RealPlayer 9

    File name: mplayerplug-in-rm.so
    mplayerplug-in 3.31

    Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer
    JavaScript Enabled and Using GTK2 Widgets

    MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    audio/x-pn-realaudio RealAudio ram,rm Yes
    application/vnd.rn-realmedia RealMedia rm Yes
    application/vnd.rn-realaudio RealAudio ra,ram Yes
    video/vnd.rn-realvideo RealVideo rv Yes
    audio/x-realaudio RealAudio ra Yes
    audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin RealAudio rpm Yes
    application/smil SMIL smil Yes
    Windows Media Player Plugin

    File name: mplayerplug-in-wmp.so
    mplayerplug-in 3.31

    Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer
    JavaScript Enabled and Using GTK2 Widgets

    MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    application/asx Media Files * Yes
    video/x-ms-asf-plugin Media Files * Yes
    video/x-msvideo AVI avi,* Yes
    video/msvideo AVI avi,* Yes
    application/x-mplayer2 Media Files * Yes
    application/x-ms-wmv Microsoft WMV video wmv,* Yes
    video/x-ms-asf Media Files asf,asx,* Yes
    video/x-ms-wm Media Files wm,* Yes
    video/x-ms-wmv Microsoft WMV video wmv,* Yes
    audio/x-ms-wmv Windows Media wmv,* Yes
    video/x-ms-wmp Windows Media wmp,* Yes
    video/x-ms-wvx Windows Media wvx,* Yes
    audio/x-ms-wax Windows Media wax,* Yes
    audio/x-ms-wma Windows Media wma,* Yes
    application/x-drm-v2 Windows Media asx,* Yes
    audio/wav Microsoft wave file wav,* Yes
    audio/x-wav Microsoft wave file wav,* Yes
    mplayerplug-in 3.31

    File name: mplayerplug-in.so
    mplayerplug-in 3.31

    Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer
    JavaScript Enabled and Using GTK2 Widgets

    MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    video/mpeg MPEG mpg,mpeg Yes
    audio/mpeg MPEG mpg,mpeg Yes
    video/x-mpeg MPEG mpg,mpeg Yes
    video/x-mpeg2 MPEG2 mpv2,mp2ve Yes
    audio/mpeg MPEG mpg,mpeg Yes
    audio/x-mpeg MPEG mpg,mpeg Yes
    audio/mpeg2 MPEG audio mp2 Yes
    audio/x-mpeg2 MPEG audio mp2 Yes
    video/mp4 MPEG 4 Video mp4 Yes
    audio/mpeg3 MPEG audio mp3 Yes
    audio/x-mpeg3 MPEG audio mp3 Yes
    audio/x-mpegurl MPEG url m3u Yes
    audio/mp3 MPEG audio mp3 Yes
    application/x-ogg Ogg Vorbis Media ogg Yes
    audio/ogg Ogg Vorbis Audio ogg Yes
    application/ogg Ogg Vorbis / Ogg Theora ogg Yes
    video/fli FLI animation fli,flc Yes
    video/x-fli FLI animation fli,flc Yes
    video/vnd.vivo VivoActive viv,vivo Yes
    application/x-nsv-vp3-mp3 Nullsoft Streaming Video nsv Yes
    audio/x-mod Soundtracker mod Yes
    audio/basic Basic Audio File au,snd Yes
    audio/x-basic Basic Audio File au,snd Yes
    Java(TM) Plug-in 1.5.0_07-b03

    File name: libjavaplugin_oji.so
    Java(TM) Plug-in 1.5.0_07

    MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    application/x-java-vm Java Yes
    application/x-java-applet Java Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.1 Java Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.1 Java Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.2 Java Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.3 Java Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.2 Java Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.2.1 Java Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.2.2 Java Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.3 Java Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.3.1 Java Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.4 Java Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.4.1 Java Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.4.2 Java Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.5 Java Yes
    application/x-java-applet;jpi-version=1.5.0_07 Java Yes
    application/x-java-bean Java Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.1 Java Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.1 Java Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.2 Java Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.3 Java Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.2 Java Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.2.1 Java Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.2.2 Java Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.3 Java Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.3.1 Java Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.4 Java Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.4.1 Java Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.4.2 Java Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.5 Java Yes
    application/x-java-bean;jpi-version=1.5.0_07 Java

  13. Re: Video stream no longer works

    On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 00:32:28 -0400, Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    > He didnt say disable pop up blocker, he said disable Adblock

    I don't seem to have an "Addblock" option. I'm running the
    Linux version, which may explain the difference.

  14. Re: Video stream no longer works

    Fred wrote:
    > On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 00:32:28 -0400, Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >
    >> He didnt say disable pop up blocker, he said disable Adblock

    > I don't seem to have an "Addblock" option. I'm running the
    > Linux version, which may explain the difference.

    Adblock is an extension, not part of the basic program

  15. Re: Video stream no longer works

    Fred wrote:
> [...]

    > application/x-java-applet;version=1.4.2 Java Yes
    > application/x-java-applet;version=1.5 Java Yes
    > application/x-java-applet;jpi-version=1.5.0_07 Java Yes
    > application/x-java-bean Java Yes
    > application/x-java-bean;version=1.1 Java Yes
    > application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.1 Java Yes
    > application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.2 Java Yes
    > application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.3 Java Yes
    > application/x-java-bean;version=1.2 Java Yes
    > application/x-java-bean;version=1.2.1 Java Yes
    > application/x-java-bean;version=1.2.2 Java Yes
    > application/x-java-bean;version=1.3 Java Yes
    > application/x-java-bean;version=1.3.1 Java Yes
    > application/x-java-bean;version=1.4 Java Yes
    > application/x-java-bean;version=1.4.1 Java Yes
    > application/x-java-bean;version=1.4.2 Java Yes
    > application/x-java-bean;version=1.5 Java Yes
    > application/x-java-bean;jpi-version=1.5.0_07 Java

    Well, after much frustration, the turning off of potentially
    offending extensions, etc., I upgraded all my plugins from
    Dcotor Plugin - still no video.

    So I tried Opera - the video loads and plays.

    What's the FF problem? Are other people having problems
    with this site?

    TIA

    Louise

  16. Re: Video stream no longer works

    louise wrote:
> [...]

    >> application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.2 Java Yes
    >> application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.3 Java Yes
    >> application/x-java-bean;version=1.2 Java Yes
    >> application/x-java-bean;version=1.2.1 Java Yes
    >> application/x-java-bean;version=1.2.2 Java Yes
    >> application/x-java-bean;version=1.3 Java Yes
    >> application/x-java-bean;version=1.3.1 Java Yes
    >> application/x-java-bean;version=1.4 Java Yes
    >> application/x-java-bean;version=1.4.1 Java Yes
    >> application/x-java-bean;version=1.4.2 Java Yes
    >> application/x-java-bean;version=1.5 Java Yes
    >> application/x-java-bean;jpi-version=1.5.0_07 Java
    >>

    > Well, after much frustration, the turning off of potentially offending
    > extensions, etc., I upgraded all my plugins from Dcotor Plugin - still
    > no video.
    >
    > So I tried Opera - the video loads and plays.
    >
    > What's the FF problem? Are other people having problems with this site?

    No, in My Firefox , Mplayer plugins works fine for this site.

+ Reply to Thread