Firefox 1.5.0.7 cannot get google news articles - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox 1.5.0.7 cannot get google news articles - Mozilla ; I have just downloaded Firefox 1.5.0.7, and now Google News does not work. Many times, I cannot even log onto it, and when I do, I cannot log onto any of the articles. I get a message saying that Firefox ...

  1. Firefox 1.5.0.7 cannot get google news articles

    I have just downloaded Firefox 1.5.0.7, and now Google News does not work.
    Many times, I cannot even log onto it, and when I do, I cannot log onto any
    of the articles. I get a message saying that Firefox cannot log onto the
    server at news.google.com. It worked fine before, and it works fine with
    Internet Explorer. I do not have this problem with any other website. Yahoo
    news works fine. Google search also works fine.

    Thanks,
    Wally

  2. Re: Firefox 1.5.0.7 cannot get google news articles

    Umapati Swami wrote:
    > I have just downloaded Firefox 1.5.0.7, and now Google News does not work.
    > Many times, I cannot even log onto it, and when I do, I cannot log onto any
    > of the articles. I get a message saying that Firefox cannot log onto the
    > server at news.google.com. It worked fine before, and it works fine with
    > Internet Explorer. I do not have this problem with any other website. Yahoo
    > news works fine. Google search also works fine.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Wally

    1.Goto Tools>Options>Privacy.
    Clear 'Cache' and 'Cookies' . Restart Firefox and check.

    2.if above method fails to work then Start Firefox in safe mode
    and check . To start Firefox in safe mode : Start > Programs
    >Firefox [ safe mode]

    3.If you have any Firewall installed , delete Firefox entry from
    it . Start Firefox and check.

  3. Re: Firefox 1.5.0.7 cannot get google news articles

    Thanks, Nir, but none of it worked. But why only the articles on Google
    news? Everything else works normally.

    Umapati Swami

    "Nir" wrote in message
    > Umapati Swami wrote:
    >> I have just downloaded Firefox 1.5.0.7, and now Google News does not
    >> work. Many times, I cannot even log onto it, and when I do, I cannot log
    >> onto any of the articles. I get a message saying that Firefox cannot log
    >> onto the server at news.google.com. It worked fine before, and it works
    >> fine with Internet Explorer. I do not have this problem with any other
    >> website. Yahoo news works fine. Google search also works fine.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Wally

    > 1.Goto Tools>Options>Privacy.
    > Clear 'Cache' and 'Cookies' . Restart Firefox and check.
    >
    > 2.if above method fails to work then Start Firefox in safe mode and check
    > . To start Firefox in safe mode : Start > Programs
    > >Firefox [ safe mode]

    > 3.If you have any Firewall installed , delete Firefox entry from it .
    > Start Firefox and check.

  4. Re: Firefox 1.5.0.7 cannot get google news articles

    Umapati Swami wrote:
    > "Nir" wrote in message
    >> Umapati Swami wrote:
    >>> I have just downloaded Firefox 1.5.0.7, and now Google News does not
    >>> work. Many times, I cannot even log onto it, and when I do, I cannot log
    >>> onto any of the articles. I get a message saying that Firefox cannot log

    what is the exact error message? are you trying to log in to your
    account or just try to see articles at news.google.com?
    >>> onto the server at news.google.com. It worked fine before, and it works
    >>> fine with Internet Explorer. I do not have this problem with any other
    >>> website. Yahoo news works fine. Google search also works fine.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Wally

    >> 1.Goto Tools>Options>Privacy.
    >> Clear 'Cache' and 'Cookies' . Restart Firefox and check.
    >>
    >> 2.if above method fails to work then Start Firefox in safe mode and check
    >> . To start Firefox in safe mode : Start > Programs
    >>> Firefox [ safe mode]

    >> 3.If you have any Firewall installed , delete Firefox entry from it .
    >> Start Firefox and check.

    > Thanks, Nir, but none of it worked. But why only the articles on Google
    > news? Everything else works normally.
    >
    > Umapati Swami

    Please bottom post in this newsgroup. Thanks

    see this link :
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_load..._some_websites
    also

  5. Re: Firefox 1.5.0.7 cannot get google news articles

    Nir wrote:
    > Umapati Swami wrote:
    >> "Nir" wrote in message

    > what is the exact error message? are you trying to log in to your
    > account or just try to see articles at news.google.com?

    >>> 1.Goto Tools>Options>Privacy.
    >>> Clear 'Cache' and 'Cookies' . Restart Firefox and check.
    >>>
    >>> 2.if above method fails to work then Start Firefox in safe mode and
    >>> check . To start Firefox in safe mode : Start > Programs
    >>> 3.If you have any Firewall installed , delete Firefox entry from it .
    >>> Start Firefox and check.

    >> Thanks, Nir, but none of it worked. But why only the articles on
    >> Google news? Everything else works normally.
    >>
    >> Umapati Swami
    >>

    > Please bottom post in this newsgroup. Thanks
    >
    > see this link :
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_load..._some_websites
    >
    > also

    ...check whether you get same error message when you click on this
    link : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/5355478.stm

  6. Re: Firefox 1.5.0.7 cannot get google news articles

    "Nir" wrote in message
    news:k5udnX0sr4SC4pPYnZ2dnUVZ_vednZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Nir wrote:
    >> Umapati Swami wrote:
    >>> "Nir" wrote in message

    >> what is the exact error message? are you trying to log in to your account
    >> or just try to see articles at news.google.com?

    >>> Thanks, Nir, but none of it worked. But why only the articles on Google
    >>> news? Everything else works normally.
    >>>
    >>> Umapati Swami
    >>>

    >> Please bottom post in this newsgroup. Thanks
    >>
    >> see this link :
    >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_load..._some_websites
    >> also

    > ..check whether you get same error message when you click on this link :
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/5355478.stm

    Thanks, Nir.

    The error message I get is this:

    Unable to conect
    Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at news.google.com.

    If I try to connect to the BBC link that you gave me, I get this:

    The connection has timed out
    The server at news.bbc.co.uk is taking too long to respond.

    I tried it a couple of times.

    What I am trying to do is read the articles on Google news. I looked at the
    link you gave me above, but it has a lot of suggestions, so it may take some
    time to try them out. Thanks for the help.

    Umapati Swami

+ Reply to Thread