certain ads cause multiple tabs and windows - Mozilla

This is a discussion on certain ads cause multiple tabs and windows - Mozilla ; In a forum, for instance. There's this darned ad. This ad has 4 or 5 little blinking boxes in it. Every time this ad displays, Mozilla keeps opening tab after tab after tab and I have to hurry and close ...

  1. certain ads cause multiple tabs and windows

    In a forum, for instance. There's this darned ad. This ad has 4 or 5
    little blinking boxes in it. Every time this ad displays, Mozilla keeps
    opening tab after tab after tab and I have to hurry and close each one to
    return to where I was.
    Ideas?

  2. Re: certain ads cause multiple tabs and windows

    RickyDee wrote:
    > In a forum, for instance. There's this darned ad. This ad has 4 or 5
    > little blinking boxes in it. Every time this ad displays, Mozilla keeps
    > opening tab after tab after tab and I have to hurry and close each one to
    > return to where I was.
    > Ideas?

    can you provide the name of that forum. Thanks
    You may also use 'Adblock Plus' : https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1865/

  3. Re: certain ads cause multiple tabs and windows

    On 17.09.2006 23:57, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused RickyDee to
    generate the following:? :

    >In a forum, for instance. There's this darned ad. This ad has 4 or 5
    >little blinking boxes in it. Every time this ad displays, Mozilla keeps
    >opening tab after tab after tab and I have to hurry and close each one to
    >return to where I was.
    >Ideas?

    URL works OK here (FF 1.5.0.4)
    dunno if this will help, but *many* ad-sites use JavaScript to keep
    sites open and to re-direct to similar sites when you try to close
    them. If you disable JavaScript for those sites, then you can close
    them straight away.... may be something similar here???

    on my 1.5.0.4, it's to be found at:
    tools>>options>>content [ ] [enable JavaScript]

    reg

+ Reply to Thread