Server Not Found... - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Server Not Found... - Mozilla ; Helping out a friend, She said she was playing freecell and something came up asking how she wanted to be connected to the internet, she doesn't remember how she answered... Now only IE will work and even after reloading FF, ...

  1. Server Not Found...

    Helping out a friend, She said she was playing freecell and something came
    up asking how she wanted to be connected to the internet, she doesn't
    remember how she answered... Now only IE will work and even after reloading
    FF, and opening it in either regular or safe mode still getting Server Not
    Found. Checked firewall settings, made sure FF was on the exception list,
    checked norton security to see if it's on the blocked list, nada. So, any
    clue here? Thanks for the help, in advance.

  2. Re: Server Not Found...

    A part time computer nerd wrote:
    > Helping out a friend, She said she was playing freecell and something came
    > up asking how she wanted to be connected to the internet, she doesn't
    > remember how she answered... Now only IE will work and even after reloading
    > FF, and opening it in either regular or safe mode still getting Server Not
    > Found. Checked firewall settings, made sure FF was on the exception list,
    > checked norton security to see if it's on the blocked list, nada. So, any
    > clue here? Thanks for the help, in advance.

    1.check connection settings at Tools>options>General>connection
    Settings and check.
    2.Delete Firefox entry from Norton Firewall. Start Firefox and check.

  3. Re: Server Not Found...

    A part time computer nerd wrote:
    > Helping out a friend, She said she was playing freecell and something came
    > up asking how she wanted to be connected to the internet, she doesn't
    > remember how she answered... Now only IE will work and even after reloading
    > FF, and opening it in either regular or safe mode still getting Server Not
    > Found. Checked firewall settings, made sure FF was on the exception list,
    > checked norton security to see if it's on the blocked list, nada. So, any
    > clue here? Thanks for the help, in advance.

    Nir explained what to do.

    People are supposed to pay attention to whats going on. They should
    *read* every popup that happens. They shouldn't assume what the popup
    might say. You never know whats going to happen.

    Tip: this is a real secret, not to many people know about, but how to
    cheat at Freecell. When it looks like you can't move any more, you
    can still win. Hit ctrl+shift+F10, and hit Abort. Now, double click
    on any card, and bingo, you've won. But, like I said, Shhhhh, this
    is a secret ;-)

    --
    The European Union commissioners have announced that agreement has
    been reached to adopt English as the preferred language for European
    communications, rather than German, which was the other possibility.
    As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's Government conceded that
    English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a
    five-year phased plan for what will be known as EuroEnglish (Euro for
    short). In the first year, "s" will be used instead of the soft "c".
    Sertainly, sivil servants will resieve this news with joy. Also, the
    hard "c" will be replaced with "k." Not only will this klear up
    konfusion, but typewriters kan have one less letter. There will be
    growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome
    "ph" will be replaced by "f". This will make words like "fotograf" 20
    per sent shorter. In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new
    spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated
    changes are possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double
    letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al
    wil agre that the horible mes of silent "e"s in the languag is
    disgrasful, and they would go. . . to be continued!

  4. OT - SecretsRe: Server Not Found...

    On 17.09.2006 23:41, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused gwtc to
    generate the following:? :

    >A part time computer nerd wrote:
    >

    >>Helping out a friend, She said she was playing freecell and something came
    >>up asking how she wanted to be connected to the internet, she doesn't
    >>remember how she answered... Now only IE will work and even after reloading
    >>FF, and opening it in either regular or safe mode still getting Server Not
    >>Found. Checked firewall settings, made sure FF was on the exception list,
    >>checked norton security to see if it's on the blocked list, nada. So, any
    >>clue here? Thanks for the help, in advance.
    >>

    >Nir explained what to do.
    >
    >People are supposed to pay attention to whats going on. They should
    >*read* every popup that happens. They shouldn't assume what the popup
    >might say. You never know whats going to happen.
    >
    >Tip: this is a real secret, not to many people know about, but how to
    >cheat at Freecell. When it looks like you can't move any more, you
    >can still win. Hit ctrl+shift+F10, and hit Abort. Now, double click
    >on any card, and bingo, you've won. But, like I said, Shhhhh, this
    >is a secret ;-)

    well then - if it *is* a secret (I wouldn't know) then I *won't read*
    your post....

    reg

  5. Re: Server Not Found...

    On 17.09.2006 23:06, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused A part time
    computer nerd to generate the following:? :

    >Helping out a friend, She said she was playing freecell and something came
    >up asking how she wanted to be connected to the internet, she doesn't
    >remember how she answered... Now only IE will work and even after reloading
    >FF, and opening it in either regular or safe mode still getting Server Not
    >Found. Checked firewall settings, made sure FF was on the exception list,
    >checked norton security to see if it's on the blocked list, nada. So, any
    >clue here? Thanks for the help, in advance.

    first and foremost.... CLOSE the internet connection
    secondly, run AdAware and Spybot (and any AntiVirus installed)
    thirdly, go to Controllpanel>Internet options>programs and UNcheck the
    [ ] at the bottom that sets IE as standard browser
    next (still offline) open your firewall management and DELETE Firefox
    entries
    now re-start Firefox and, when the Firewall asks, let it connect FF to
    the internet!

    may help, may not!!

    reg

+ Reply to Thread