Cannot Launch FF 1.5.0.7 - Need Help - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Cannot Launch FF 1.5.0.7 - Need Help - Mozilla ; Last night my FF auto-upgraded to 1.5.0.7 and relaunched successfully upon upgrade. Yet, this morning I can only launch FF in the safe mode. When I attempt to launch FF in normal mode my cursor goes into Wait for a ...

  1. Cannot Launch FF 1.5.0.7 - Need Help

    Last night my FF auto-upgraded to 1.5.0.7 and relaunched successfully
    upon upgrade. Yet, this morning I can only launch FF in the safe mode.
    When I attempt to launch FF in normal mode my cursor goes into Wait
    for a minute and then nothing happens (although Task Manager shows high
    Mem Usage and for some time also high CPU usage). My OS is Widows XP
    Professional.

    Re-downloaded and re-installed a couple of times but without any
    result. Even re-installation of 1.5.0.6 (upon unistallation of the
    latest version) did not help.

    Anyone has any idea what could be the problem?

  2. Re: Cannot Launch FF 1.5.0.7 - Need Help

    aleksanderp@gmail.com wrote:
    > Last night my FF auto-upgraded to 1.5.0.7 and relaunched successfully
    > upon upgrade. Yet, this morning I can only launch FF in the safe mode.
    > When I attempt to launch FF in normal mode my cursor goes into Wait
    > for a minute and then nothing happens (although Task Manager shows high
    > Mem Usage and for some time also high CPU usage). My OS is Widows XP
    > Professional.
    >
    > Re-downloaded and re-installed a couple of times but without any
    > result. Even re-installation of 1.5.0.6 (upon unistallation of the
    > latest version) did not help.
    >
    > Anyone has any idea what could be the problem?

    Start Firefox in safe mode.
    Disable all extensions and switch back to 'Default' Theme'
    Now try to start Firefox in 'Normal 'Mode'

    if you can start Firefox in safe mode then :
    Enable extensions one by one. restart every time and check.

  3. Re: Cannot Launch FF 1.5.0.7 - Need Help

    Nir wrote:
    > aleksanderp@gmail.com wrote:
    >> Last night my FF auto-upgraded to 1.5.0.7 and relaunched successfully
    >> upon upgrade. Yet, this morning I can only launch FF in the safe mode.
    >> When I attempt to launch FF in normal mode my cursor goes into Wait
    >> for a minute and then nothing happens (although Task Manager shows high
    >> Mem Usage and for some time also high CPU usage). My OS is Widows XP
    >> Professional.
    >>
    >> Re-downloaded and re-installed a couple of times but without any
    >> result. Even re-installation of 1.5.0.6 (upon unistallation of the
    >> latest version) did not help.
    >>
    >> Anyone has any idea what could be the problem?
    >>

    > Start Firefox in safe mode.
    > Disable all extensions and switch back to 'Default' Theme'
    > Now try to start Firefox in 'Normal 'Mode'
    >
    > if you can start Firefox in safe mode then :
    > Enable extensions one by one. restart every time and check.

    Thanks - it obviously worked. Am ashamed of not figuring that out
    myself. Used the opporutnity to get rid of unused extensions so still
    have no idea which one was preventing the launch but FF works OK now.

  4. Firefox will not Maximize on Startup

    I just installed 1.5.0.7 thinking this would solve the problem. After
    installing the previous version of Firefox my firefox windows would not
    open as Maximized like they used to. I can Maximize them manually but
    the system or Firefox will not "remember" that I want it that way. Is
    there a solution to this problem?

    Win 2K Pro

    Firefox used to open as maximized all the time which is how I prefer it.

  5. Re: Firefox will not Maximize on Startup

    RixPride wrote:
    > I just installed 1.5.0.7 thinking this would solve the problem. After
    > installing the previous version of Firefox my firefox windows would not
    > open as Maximized like they used to. I can Maximize them manually but
    > the system or Firefox will not "remember" that I want it that way. Is
    > there a solution to this problem?
    >
    > Win 2K Pro
    >
    > Firefox used to open as maximized all the time which is how I prefer it.

    If you have different question then please post your queries as a
    separate post rather than attaching it to any existing thread with
    different subject. We will definitely help you there.Thanks.

  6. Re: Firefox will not Maximize on Startup

    RixPride wrote:
    > I just installed 1.5.0.7 thinking this would solve the problem. After
    > installing the previous version of Firefox my firefox windows would not
    > open as Maximized like they used to. I can Maximize them manually but
    > the system or Firefox will not "remember" that I want it that way. Is
    > there a solution to this problem?
    >
    > Win 2K Pro
    >
    > Firefox used to open as maximized all the time which is how I prefer it.

    delete localstore.rdf from your profile directory. I think that's the
    repeated instructions to restore it.

    HTH.

  7. Re: Firefox will not Maximize on Startup

    Tim Judd wrote:
    > RixPride wrote:
    >
    >> I just installed 1.5.0.7 thinking this would solve the problem. After
    >> installing the previous version of Firefox my firefox windows would
    >> not open as Maximized like they used to. I can Maximize them manually
    >> but the system or Firefox will not "remember" that I want it that way.
    >> Is there a solution to this problem?
    >>
    >> Win 2K Pro
    >>
    >> Firefox used to open as maximized all the time which is how I prefer it.

    > delete localstore.rdf from your profile directory. I think that's the
    > repeated instructions to restore it.
    >
    > HTH.

    Thank You. Deleting that file worked. Took me a while to find it,
    because I was unsure of it's location.

+ Reply to Thread