Printing Problems - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Printing Problems - Mozilla ; For some reason, whenever we try to print a webpage in Firefox, we get a printer error. We have no problems with any other programs when it comes from printing, but no matter what the source, none of the dosens ...

  1. Printing Problems

    For some reason, whenever we try to print a webpage in Firefox, we get
    a printer error. We have no problems with any other programs when it
    comes from printing, but no matter what the source, none of the dosens
    of webpages we've tried to print will do so from firefox.

    OS Windows XP Proffessional
    Firefox 1.5.0.6
    Printer Canon Pixma iP6220D (we didn't bother will the install disks,
    we just plugged it in and used the drivers already on our computer -
    running out of disk space to install programs)

  2. Re: Printing Problems

    Canid wrote:
    > For some reason, whenever we try to print a webpage in Firefox, we get
    > a printer error. We have no problems with any other programs when it
    > comes from printing, but no matter what the source, none of the dosens
    > of webpages we've tried to print will do so from firefox.
    >
    > OS Windows XP Proffessional
    > Firefox 1.5.0.6
    > Printer Canon Pixma iP6220D (we didn't bother will the install disks,
    > we just plugged it in and used the drivers already on our computer -
    > running out of disk space to install programs)

    try updating the drivers

    --
    Peeves That Your Dog Has About You . . . A Message From Your Dog:

    Getting upset when I sniff the crotches of your guests. Sorry, but I
    haven't quite mastered that handshake thing yet.

    Dog sweaters. Hello??? Haven't you noticed the fur?

    Acting disgusted when I lick myself. Look, we both know the truth.
    You're just jealous.

    Now lay off me on some of these things! We both know who's boss here!
    You don't see me picking up your poop do you???

  3. Re: Printing Problems

    On 9/4/2006 1:14 PM, Canid wrote:
    > For some reason, whenever we try to print a webpage in Firefox, we get
    > a printer error. We have no problems with any other programs when it
    > comes from printing, but no matter what the source, none of the dosens
    > of webpages we've tried to print will do so from firefox.
    >
    > OS Windows XP Proffessional
    > Firefox 1.5.0.6
    > Printer Canon Pixma iP6220D (we didn't bother will the install disks,
    > we just plugged it in and used the drivers already on our computer -
    > running out of disk space to install programs)

    I don't have any problem printing to a Canon s900 or ip5200.

    If your printer is like other Canons they tell you not to let Windows
    automatically install the printer. They tell you explicitly to install
    the drivers from the disk that came with your printer. Sounds like you
    may have diagnosed the problem yourself and that you may have the
    solution in hand.

    Suggest you go to Control Panel > Printers and delete the printer, and
    then follow the instructions that came with your printer.

    Bernie

  4. Re: Printing Problems

    I've installed the driver for the printer, and I'm still having
    problems.

  5. Re: Printing Problems

    I found the problem.
    For some reason, firefox was using the Microsoft Imaging program as
    it's default printer.
    I deleted the program as a "Printer" from the control pannel and now
    everything is working.
    ~Canid

    Canid wrote:
    > I've installed the driver for the printer, and I'm still having
    > problems.

+ Reply to Thread