Hang when using menus - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Hang when using menus - Mozilla ; For a long time (a year or so) I've had a problem where I click on a menu (Tools, Go, Edit, File) and move the mouse off the menu or click or something and FireFox hangs for 30 second or ...

  1. Hang when using menus

    For a long time (a year or so) I've had a problem where I click on a
    menu (Tools, Go, Edit, File) and move the mouse off the menu or click
    or something and FireFox hangs for 30 second or so. FF windows won't
    repaint, but others will, and there is no CPU utilization. Then it
    goes away as if nothing had happened.

    It's really hard to search for this in bug databases, but I've tried.

    Does this ring a bell with anyone? I've seen it on Windows and Linux,
    and with out extensions installed.

  2. Re: Hang when using menus

    _Leigh.Klotz@gmail.com_ spoke thusly on 31/08/2006 4:20 PM:
    > For a long time (a year or so) I've had a problem where I click on a
    > menu (Tools, Go, Edit, File) and move the mouse off the menu or click
    > or something and FireFox hangs for 30 second or so. FF windows won't
    > repaint, but others will, and there is no CPU utilization. Then it
    > goes away as if nothing had happened.
    >
    > It's really hard to search for this in bug databases, but I've tried.
    >
    > Does this ring a bell with anyone? I've seen it on Windows and Linux,
    > and with out extensions installed.

    The first diagnostic, is to try Firefox in Firefox safe mode,
    (extensions/themes disabled).
    Close Firefox, and go to Start-->Programs-->Mozilla Firefox-->Mozilla
    Firefox(Safe Mode).
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator