URL not valid error - Mozilla

This is a discussion on URL not valid error - Mozilla ; I am setting up a website at www.computerbox.net/joomla . When i access a page I get an error "The URL is not vald and cannot be loaded". Click OK and the page loads. The message appears for every page, and ...

  1. URL not valid error

    I am setting up a website at www.computerbox.net/joomla. When i access a
    page I get an error "The URL is not vald and cannot be loaded".
    Click OK and the page loads. The message appears for every page, and every
    page loads OK.
    Why, and how can I prevent this.
    Peter.

  2. Re: URL not valid error

    Peter wrote:
    > I am setting up a website at www.computerbox.net/joomla. When i access a
    > page I get an error "The URL is not vald and cannot be loaded".
    > Click OK and the page loads. The message appears for every page, and every
    > page loads OK.
    > Why, and how can I prevent this.
    > Peter.

    Hi,

    Not a firefox problem. Possible that you are accessing a local copy of
    the file prior to uploading it to the website?

    The following works:

    http://www.computerbox.net/

    This does not:

    http://www.computerbox.net/joomla

    Error 404 Not found

    Not Found
    The requested URL /joomla was not found on this server.

    Same error in FF,IE and opera.

    Ian

  3. Re: URL not valid error

    "Hearts" wrote in message news:qZOdnWwULoVLamvZnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Peter wrote:
    > > I am setting up a website at www.computerbox.net/joomla. When i access a
    > > page I get an error "The URL is not vald and cannot be loaded".
    > > Click OK and the page loads. The message appears for every page, and every
    > > page loads OK.
    > > Why, and how can I prevent this.
    > > Peter.
    > >

    > Hi,
    >
    > Not a firefox problem. Possible that you are accessing a local copy of
    > the file prior to uploading it to the website?
    >
    > The following works:
    >
    > http://www.computerbox.net/
    >
    > This does not:
    >
    > http://www.computerbox.net/joomla
    >
    > Error 404 Not found
    >
    > Not Found
    > The requested URL /joomla was not found on this server.
    >
    > Same error in FF,IE and opera.
    >
    > Ian

    You can't just upload to any server, you have to install on a server
    that has Joomia. I would expect that if you went to their site
    you could find some places that would support your works; otherwise,
    you will have to create your own internet server.
    http://www.joomla.org/

    see "I need a Joomla server guru ASAP"
    http://forum.joomla.org/index.php?topic=87855.msg445859

  4. Re: URL not valid error

    "David McRitchie" wrote in message news:NK2dnW0iAe8inGrZnZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > "Hearts" wrote in message news:qZOdnWwULoVLamvZnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > > Peter wrote:
    > > > I am setting up a website at www.computerbox.net/joomla. When i access a
    > > > page I get an error "The URL is not vald and cannot be loaded".
    > > > Click OK and the page loads. The message appears for every page, and every
    > > > page loads OK.
    > > > Why, and how can I prevent this.
    > > > Peter.
    > > >

    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Not a firefox problem. Possible that you are accessing a local copy of
    > > the file prior to uploading it to the website?
    > >
    > > The following works:
    > >
    > > http://www.computerbox.net/
    > >
    > > This does not:
    > >
    > > http://www.computerbox.net/joomla
    > >
    > > Error 404 Not found
    > >
    > > Not Found
    > > The requested URL /joomla was not found on this server.
    > >
    > > Same error in FF,IE and opera.
    > >
    > > Ian

    > You can't just upload to any server, you have to install on a server
    > that has Joomla. I would expect that if you went to their site
    > you could find some places that would support your works; otherwise,
    > you will have to create your own internet server.
    > http://www.joomla.org/
    >
    > see "I need a Joomla server guru ASAP"
    > http://forum.joomla.org/index.php?topic=87855.msg445859

    I asked someone else, and I don't know if he actually
    looked at the above thread or not, but he replied to me:

    PHP Ver.#4something and MySQLsomething
    The host I'm using has;
    PHP Version 4.3.11
    MySQL - 4.0.27

    In any case I think you want to use the joomla forum for such
    questions

    --
    David McRitchie, Firefox customizations/extensions notes, see
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

  5. Re: URL not valid error

    T-bird Leader Peter radioed the tower On 8/31/2006 10:06 AM:

    > I am setting up a website at www.computerbox.net/joomla. When i access a
    > page I get an error "The URL is not vald and cannot be loaded".
    > Click OK and the page loads. The message appears for every page, and every
    > page loads OK.
    > Why, and how can I prevent this.
    > Peter.

    You may have an image within the page that has an invalid URI.

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted, it's just type casting.

  6. Re: URL not valid error

    "Peter" wrote in

    > I am setting up a website at www.computerbox.net/joomla. When
    > i access a page I get an error "The URL is not vald and cannot
    > be loaded". Click OK and the page loads. The message appears
    > for every page, and every page loads OK.
    > Why, and how can I prevent this.

    I get a 404: Page Not Found error.

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn