Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox? - Mozilla ; What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox? I doesn't matter if it's feasible or not. -- Chris Ilias mozilla.test.multimedia moderator Mozilla links (Please do not email me tech support questions)...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 182

  1. Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox?

    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    Mozilla links

  2. Re: Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox?

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox? I doesn't matter
    > if it's feasible or not.

    multizilla

    --
    Files From The Not To Swift Department . . .

    My neighbor works in the operations department in the central office
    of a large bank. Employees in the field call him when they have
    problems with their computers. One night he got a call from a woman in
    one of the branch banks who had this question: "I've got smoke coming
    from the back of my terminal. Do you guys have a fire downtown?"

  3. Re: Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox?

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox? I doesn't matter
    > if it's feasible or not.

    More features should be added to 'Download
    manager' as we find in 'Download ThemAll' extension.

  4. Re: Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox?

    _clay_ spoke thusly on 23/08/2006 5:51 PM:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >> What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox? I doesn't
    >> matter if it's feasible or not.

    > Would this include features that are currently handled by extensions?

    Yes.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    Mozilla links

  5. Re: Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox?

    Chris Ilias wrote:

    > What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox? I doesn't matter
    > if it's feasible or not.

    Menu control of ALL fonts and colors including those in menus, bars,
    etc. For Thunderbird too. Having to know secret words to include in
    the userC*.css and *.js files is a serious pain for us, the great unwashed.

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    "Some people are alive only because it is illegal to kill them."
    -- Lionel

  6. Re: Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox?

    gwtc wrote:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >> What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox? I doesn't
    >> matter if it's feasible or not.

    > multizilla

    What is multizilla?

  7. Re: Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox?

    http://multizilla.mozdev.org/

    --
    Files From The Not To Swift Department . . .

    My neighbor works in the operations department in the central office
    of a large bank. Employees in the field call him when they have
    problems with their computers. One night he got a call from a woman in
    one of the branch banks who had this question: "I've got smoke coming
    from the back of my terminal. Do you guys have a fire downtown?"

  8. Re: Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox?

    gwtc wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> gwtc wrote:
    >>> multizilla
    >>>

    >> What is multizilla?

    > http://multizilla.mozdev.org/

    Well, since I dont use tabs in the first place, its not of much value to
    me

  9. Re: Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox?

    On 23-8-2006 23:43, Chris Ilias wrote:
    > What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox? I doesn't matter
    > if it's feasible or not.

    Split tab: be able to view different parts of the *same page* next to
    each other (vertical split) or above/below each other (horizontal
    split). Or to be able to view two *different pages* next to/above/below
    each other.
    --
    Regards,

    Roland

  10. Re: Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox?

    On 23-8-2006 23:43, Chris Ilias wrote:
    > What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox? I doesn't matter
    > if it's feasible or not.

    Line & column number indication in View Source window (IIRC MozSuite did
    have this, but FF doesn't).
    --
    Regards,

    Roland

  11. Re: Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox?

    On 23-8-2006 23:43, Chris Ilias wrote:
    > What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox? I doesn't matter
    > if it's feasible or not.

    Just out of curiosity: what are you going to do with the results of this
    poll?
    --
    Regards,

    Roland

  12. Re: Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox?

    On 23-8-2006 23:43, Chris Ilias wrote:
    > What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox? I doesn't matter
    > if it's feasible or not.

    "Print Frame" in sub menu "This Frame" of right-click context menu (and
    it actually should print the selected frame, of course).
    "Print Page" in right-click context menu (idem).
    --
    Regards,

    Roland

  13. Re: Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox?

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>>>

    >>> What is multizilla?

    >> http://multizilla.mozdev.org/
    >>

    > Well, since I dont use tabs in the first place, its not of much value to
    > me

    there much more to multi than tabs

    --
    Files From The Not To Swift Department . . .

    My neighbor works in the operations department in the central office
    of a large bank. Employees in the field call him when they have
    problems with their computers. One night he got a call from a woman in
    one of the branch banks who had this question: "I've got smoke coming
    from the back of my terminal. Do you guys have a fire downtown?"

  14. Re: Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox?

    On 23-8-2006 23:43, Chris Ilias wrote:
    > What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox? I doesn't matter
    > if it's feasible or not.

    Not really a new feature, it annoys me for quite some time:
    Fix the "Go"-button to behave like other toolbar buttons when choosing
    between "Icons and Text", "Icons" and "Text" in View > Toolbar > Customize.
    Currently (FF1.5.0.6 with default theme), the "Go"-button still shows
    the text label "Go" when I've selected "Icons" only. (Have to use
    userChrome.css to get rid of it).
    --
    Regards,

    Roland

  15. Re: Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox?

    On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:43:13 -0400, Chris Ilias wrote:

    > What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox? I doesn't matter
    > if it's feasible or not.

    To not have to install extensions.
    It's alright for us folk who have the time and the know-how, but whether you
    like it or not Firefox is never going to replace any browser that comes
    complete out-of-the-box.
    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK

  16. Re: Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox?

    Jim Scott wrote:
    > On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:43:13 -0400, Chris Ilias wrote:
    >
    >> What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox? I doesn't matter
    >> if it's feasible or not.

    > To not have to install extensions.
    > It's alright for us folk who have the time and the know-how, but whether you
    > like it or not Firefox is never going to replace any browser that comes
    > complete out-of-the-box.

    define "complete".

    FF is much more complete than any MS browser to date. I've never jumped
    on the Opera bandwagon -- the first time I saw it and it was plastering
    ads to me, I removed it and haven't once considered again. Some people
    have preferences, and instead of bloating an application for every
    conceivable feature that 99% of the people won't use; go install an
    extension.

    I.E. -- I like thunderbird minimized to tray when i'm in Windows (at
    work, specifically). I don't think it's necessary to sit in the taskbar
    taking up space that just idles and I monitor it. So, I install the
    Minimizetotray extension and now I'm happy! quick and painless.

  17. Re: Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox?

    Jim Scott wrote:
    > On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:43:13 -0400, Chris Ilias wrote:
    >
    >> What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox? I doesn't matter
    >> if it's feasible or not.

    > To not have to install extensions.
    > It's alright for us folk who have the time and the know-how, but whether you
    > like it or not Firefox is never going to replace any browser that comes
    > complete out-of-the-box.

    What browser comes complete 'out of the box'?

    Firefox has become the second browser (by numbers of users) in the
    world, far surpassing Opera and Safari numbers. In some countries usage
    rates are over 30% - worldwide usage rates are above 12%.

    Or are you just saying that users in Germany and Australia are smarter
    than everyone else?

  18. Re: Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox?

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox? I doesn't matter
    > if it's feasible or not.

    A turbotax like program to do your taxes.

    --
    Linux is just a fancy name for Windows blocker.

    Claude Hopper

  19. Re: Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox?

    _Roland de Ruiter_ spoke thusly on 23/08/2006 6:59 PM:
    > Just out of curiosity: what are you going to do with the results of this
    > poll?

    Devs are brainstorming ideas for Firefox3 features, specifically what
    problems exist, and what features would solve them.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    Mozilla links

  20. Re: Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox?

    _Roland de Ruiter_ spoke thusly on 23/08/2006 7:28 PM:
    > Not really a new feature, it annoys me for quite some time:
    > Fix the "Go"-button to behave like other toolbar buttons when choosing
    > between "Icons and Text", "Icons" and "Text" in View > Toolbar > Customize.
    > Currently (FF1.5.0.6 with default theme), the "Go"-button still shows
    > the text label "Go" when I've selected "Icons" only. (Have to use
    > userChrome.css to get rid of it).

    It's a little reversed in Firefox2.
    Only icon shows for "Icons".
    Only text shows for "Text".
    Only icon shows for "Icons and Text".
    But I think that's because the Go button is now integrated with the
    location bar.
    Screenshot .