Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox? - Mozilla ; squaredancer wrote: > On 26.08.2006 01:36 am, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Ron Hunter > to generate the following:? : > >> Vikas Pandey wrote: >> >>> On 8/25/2006 10:59 PM India Time, _Nir_ wrote: >>> >>>> ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Results 181 to 182 of 182

  1. Re: Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox?

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 26.08.2006 01:36 am, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Ron Hunter
    > to generate the following:? :
    >
    >> Vikas Pandey wrote:

    >>> ....and a 'confirmation window' while pressing Delete for Bookmarks.

    >> How about 10 levels of 'are you really sure' for each response? sigh.
    >> As long as these speed-robbing ideas are implemented as OPTIONS, I am
    >> for it, otherwise, please don't.

    > *are you sure* you don't want to read Ron's post?? y/n
    > *are you sure* that you wanted to press the "Y" key? y/n
    > *are you sure* that you wanted to press the "N" key?? y/n
    >
    > *I'm not sure* as to what you want - press F8 to continue

    When I was a kid, and dinosaurs roamed the Earth, we played a game called
    "Mother, May I?". One child played "Mother". Each of the other children
    had to ask, "Mother, may I take steps?"
    and if Mother answered "Yes, you may", then the child MUST ask again,
    "Mother, May I?" If the child forgets to ask again, and goes ahead and
    takes the steps without first asking "Mother, May I?" then he must go back
    to the starting line. It's a game about learning to follow completely
    arbitrary rules, no matter how illogical.

    As far as I am concerned, all these dialogs that ask "Are you sure?
    Are you really really sure? Cross your heart and hope to die, sure?"
    are really just playing "Mother, May I". I call them "Mother May I" dialogs.

    I HATE "Mother, May I" dialogs!
    There ought to be an option to disable all of them!

    --
    Nelson B

  2. Re: Poll: What new few feature would you like to see in Firefox?

    On 18.09.2006 04:35, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Nelson B to
    generate the following:? :

    >squaredancer wrote:
    >

    >>On 26.08.2006 01:36 am, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Ron Hunter
    >>to generate the following:? :

    >>>How about 10 levels of 'are you really sure' for each response? sigh.
    >>>As long as these speed-robbing ideas are implemented as OPTIONS, I am
    >>>for it, otherwise, please don't.
    >>>

    >>*are you sure* you don't want to read Ron's post?? y/n
    >>*are you sure* that you wanted to press the "Y" key? y/n
    >>*are you sure* that you wanted to press the "N" key?? y/n
    >>
    >>*I'm not sure* as to what you want - press F8 to continue
    >>

    >When I was a kid, and dinosaurs roamed the Earth, we played a game called
    >"Mother, May I?". One child played "Mother". Each of the other children
    >had to ask, "Mother, may I take steps?"
    >and if Mother answered "Yes, you may", then the child MUST ask again,
    >"Mother, May I?" If the child forgets to ask again, and goes ahead and
    >takes the steps without first asking "Mother, May I?" then he must go back
    >to the starting line. It's a game about learning to follow completely
    >arbitrary rules, no matter how illogical.
    >
    >As far as I am concerned, all these dialogs that ask "Are you sure?
    >Are you really really sure? Cross your heart and hope to die, sure?"
    >are really just playing "Mother, May I". I call them "Mother May I" dialogs.
    >
    >I HATE "Mother, May I" dialogs!
    >There ought to be an option to disable all of them!

    Do you want to disable these dialogues ? Y/N
    You selected Y to disable these dialogues - are you sure ?? Y/N

    errrr - sorry, I'll re-write that...

    reg