assign a favicon to a website that has none? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on assign a favicon to a website that has none? - Mozilla ; I am running Firefox 1.5.0.6. I notice that in IE 6, when I secondary-click on a Link (bookmark) and choose Properties, I am given an option to Change Icon. On Firefox, this opportunity is not presented under Properties. I have ...

  1. assign a favicon to a website that has none?

    I am running Firefox 1.5.0.6. I notice that in IE 6, when I
    secondary-click on a Link (bookmark) and choose Properties, I am given
    an option to Change Icon. On Firefox, this opportunity is not presented
    under Properties.

    I have a few web sites that I visit regularly, which do not have
    favicons of their own. I prefer to have favicons show on my Firefox
    bookmark toolbar, as it helps me spot a shortcut of interest more
    quickly. Is there some way to assign a favicon of my choosing to a
    website?

  2. Re: assign a favicon to a website that has none?

    try the favicon picker: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/325/

    --
    Maxims for the Internet Age: Speak softly and carry a cellular phone.

  3. Re: assign a favicon to a website that has none?

    On 6 Aug 2006 15:04:13 -0700, Bob_Gaebler@yahoo.com wrote in message
    :

    > I am running Firefox 1.5.0.6. I notice that in IE 6, when I
    > secondary-click on a Link (bookmark) and choose Properties, I am given
    > an option to Change Icon. On Firefox, this opportunity is not presented
    > under Properties.
    >
    > I have a few web sites that I visit regularly, which do not have
    > favicons of their own. I prefer to have favicons show on my Firefox
    > bookmark toolbar, as it helps me spot a shortcut of interest more
    > quickly. Is there some way to assign a favicon of my choosing to a
    > website?

    If you want to create favicons of your own, then these tools are useful:

    IrfanView
    http://www.irfanview.com/
    (can convert .bmp or jpeg files to .ico files, and resize files)

    ResourceHacker
    http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/
    (can "lift" program icons from executable files, which you can then use as
    favicons).

    And you should already know how to change favicons.

  4. Re: assign a favicon to a website that has none?

    Thanks. I appreciate your contribution. That's exactly what I needed.

    gwtc wrote:
    > [..]
    >
    > try the favicon picker: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/325/
    > --
    > Maxims for the Internet Age: Speak softly and carry a cellular phone.

+ Reply to Thread