Mouse Forward/Back Buttons don't work in 1.5.0.5 or 1.5.0.6 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Mouse Forward/Back Buttons don't work in 1.5.0.5 or 1.5.0.6 - Mozilla ; Sheila Stading wrote: > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote: > >> ?? the mouse buttons? They arent forward and back buttons. Unless you >> had some sort of extension or program to make the so, they are not >> built in ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: Mouse Forward/Back Buttons don't work in 1.5.0.5 or 1.5.0.6

    Sheila Stading wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >
    >> ?? the mouse buttons? They arent forward and back buttons. Unless you
    >> had some sort of extension or program to make the so, they are not
    >> built in default as back/forward controls

    > Okay... I'm probably not making much sense.
    >
    > I have a 5 button mouse. Two buttons are configured for "forward" and
    > "back" respectively. FF no longer recognizes these buttons when they
    > are pressed. It used to without any additional add ons beyond the mouse
    > drivers.
    >
    > Is that any clearer? I have a feeling I'm just not explaining my
    > problem correctly.
    >
    > Sheila

    Sheila,
    Go to the control panel, select the 'mouse' applet, and make sure
    your driver is configured for these buttons for the Firefox application.

  2. Re: Mouse Forward/Back Buttons don't work in 1.5.0.5 or 1.5.0.6

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> Sheila Stading wrote:

    >>> The software button (the button in firefox) works and takes me back
    >>> to mozilla.com. The mouse buttons do not do anything. I have to go
    >>> and click the arrow to go back.
    >>>
    >>> I know it's a minor problem, but it's been driving me nuts.
    >>>
    >>> Sheila

    >> ?? the mouse buttons? They arent forward and back buttons. Unless you
    >> had some sort of extension or program to make the so, they are not
    >> built in default as back/forward controls

    > Grin. Some of us have mice with more than two buttons. Like as many as
    > 5 on some of the better mice, if you count the wheel button... Where
    > you been for the past few years?

    I've got a 5 button mouse myself

  3. Re: Mouse Forward/Back Buttons don't work in 1.5.0.5 or 1.5.0.6

    The problem was fixed (deep in one of the threads of communication
    here). The buttons needed to be reassigned from the default "Back" or
    "Forward" (probably the IE commands) to alt-left and alt-right in order
    to work in firefox. The mouse was configured to work in firefox and all
    that, firefox just wasn't recognizing the forward and back commands.

    Thanks for your help!

    Sheila

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2