Re: Update Problem - Firefox Will Not Start - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Update Problem - Firefox Will Not Start - Mozilla ; You know what, never mind, I was being stupid. I totally uninstalled the Site Advisor function and all now seems right. Thanks again for your help. It pointed me in the right direction. "Jennifer Medeiros" wrote in message news:... > ...

  1. Re: Update Problem - Firefox Will Not Start

    You know what, never mind, I was being stupid. I totally uninstalled the
    Site Advisor function and all now seems right.

    Thanks again for your help. It pointed me in the right direction.

    "Jennifer Medeiros" wrote in message news:...
    > Thanks for all your advice.
    >
    > Firefox was in fact already on the acceptance list for the McAfee
    > firewall, so that was not the problem.
    >
    > However, I was not aware that McAfee had recently been updated and
    > installed a component called Site Advisor. I am sure this is what is
    > causing the problem based on support articles for both Firefox and McAfee.
    >
    > Unfortunately, the solution recommended here
    > http://support.siteadvisor.com/suppo...&kb_rating=yes
    > is to uninstall from Firefox safe mode, however when running in safe mode
    > McAfee SiteAdvisor is disabled, so I cannot uninstall it. The option to
    > uninstall is greyed out under Tools-Extension.
    >
    > Any thoughts?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > "Jennifer Medeiros" wrote in message
    >> Since downloading the latest Firefox update for 1.5.0.6, I have not been
    >> able to launch the browser. Each time I try to use it, the process seems
    >> to execute as I can see it in my task manager, but the browser itself
    >> will not launch.
    >>
    >> I have repeatedly re-booted, and even completely uninstalled and
    >> re-installed. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening, and more
    >> importantly, how to fix it? I am a Windows XP user.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for any help you can share.

  2. Re: Update Problem - Firefox Will Not Start

    "Jennifer Medeiros" wrote in message
    news:geqdndlDurdP1EvZnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > You know what, never mind, I was being stupid. I totally uninstalled the
    > Site Advisor function and all now seems right.
    >
    > Thanks again for your help. It pointed me in the right direction.
    >
    > "Jennifer Medeiros" wrote in message news:...
    >> Thanks for all your advice.
    >>
    >> Firefox was in fact already on the acceptance list for the McAfee
    >> firewall, so that was not the problem.
    >>
    >> However, I was not aware that McAfee had recently been updated and
    >> installed a component called Site Advisor. I am sure this is what is
    >> causing the problem based on support articles for both Firefox and
    >> McAfee.
    >>
    >> Unfortunately, the solution recommended here
    >> http://support.siteadvisor.com/suppo...&kb_rating=yes
    >> is to uninstall from Firefox safe mode, however when running in safe mode
    >> McAfee SiteAdvisor is disabled, so I cannot uninstall it. The option to
    >> uninstall is greyed out under Tools-Extension.
    >>
    >> Any thoughts?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >> "Jennifer Medeiros" wrote in message
    >>> Since downloading the latest Firefox update for 1.5.0.6, I have not been
    >>> able to launch the browser. Each time I try to use it, the process
    >>> seems to execute as I can see it in my task manager, but the browser
    >>> itself will not launch.
    >>>
    >>> I have repeatedly re-booted, and even completely uninstalled and
    >>> re-installed. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening, and more
    >>> importantly, how to fix it? I am a Windows XP user.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance for any help you can share.

    Real fix for entire system is to uninstall the new McAfee. (Version 11) It
    is a bomb shell. Loaded with issues and problems anythere from not being
    able to send email to 99% CPU usage to browser issues to entire system
    performance issues. The McAfee groups are full. Another option is to go back
    to Version 10 which was relative stable. Or choose another AV vendor

+ Reply to Thread