How to export a folder that contains some of my bookmarks - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How to export a folder that contains some of my bookmarks - Mozilla ; Hello I want to export a folder that contains some of my bookmarks The many other folders and single bookmarks I do not want to export With Internet Explorer I can go the Favorites folder and copy the folder to ...

  1. How to export a folder that contains some of my bookmarks

    Hello
    I want to export a folder that contains some of my bookmarks
    The many other folders and single bookmarks I do not want to export

    With Internet Explorer I can go the Favorites folder and copy the folder
    to another location but with Firefox I have a single bookmark file
    File> Export only exports the whole bookmarks file

    How can I export a single folder of bookmarks?

    David

  2. Re: How to export a folder that contains some of my bookmarks

    David wrote:
    > Hello
    > I want to export a folder that contains some of my bookmarks
    > The many other folders and single bookmarks I do not want to export
    >
    > With Internet Explorer I can go the Favorites folder and copy the folder
    > to another location but with Firefox I have a single bookmark file
    > File> Export only exports the whole bookmarks file
    >
    > How can I export a single folder of bookmarks?
    >
    > David

    Answered previously

  3. Re: How to export a folder that contains some of my bookmarks

    Editing out hundreds of other bookmarks are not practical
    I already have the ones I want to share in a single folder

    I found a workaround by using IE to import into a Favorite folder the
    Firefox bookmarks then I can copy/paste from the C:\Documents and
    Settings\your name\Favorites folder the Firefox bookmark folder that I
    want to another location so I can share the bookmarks easily

    Hopefully someone can come up with an extension or have the ability
    built into Firefox where you can just right click on a bookmark folder
    and export the file

    David

    David wrote:
    > Hello
    > I want to export a folder that contains some of my bookmarks
    > The many other folders and single bookmarks I do not want to export
    >
    > With Internet Explorer I can go the Favorites folder and copy the
    > folder to another location but with Firefox I have a single bookmark file
    > File> Export only exports the whole bookmarks file
    >
    > How can I export a single folder of bookmarks?
    >
    > David

  4. Re: How to export a folder that contains some of my bookmarks

    David wrote:
    > Editing out hundreds of other bookmarks are not practical
    > I already have the ones I want to share in a single folder
    >
    > I found a workaround by using IE to import into a Favorite folder the
    > Firefox bookmarks then I can copy/paste from the C:\Documents and
    > Settings\your name\Favorites folder the Firefox bookmark folder that I
    > want to another location so I can share the bookmarks easily
    >
    > Hopefully someone can come up with an extension or have the ability
    > built into Firefox where you can just right click on a bookmark folder
    > and export the file
    >
    > David
    >

    > David wrote:
    >> Hello
    >> I want to export a folder that contains some of my bookmarks
    >> The many other folders and single bookmarks I do not want to export
    >>
    >> With Internet Explorer I can go the Favorites folder and copy the
    >> folder to another location but with Firefox I have a single bookmark file
    >> File> Export only exports the whole bookmarks file
    >>
    >> How can I export a single folder of bookmarks?
    >>
    >> David

    Please bottom post in these groups if you will, that is, quote previous
    messages, then write your reply, such as I have done. Thank you for your
    consideration in this matter.

    Well, thats why I told you to place them all together before exporting
    the file, then its a simply manner of selecting everything before the
    files and deleting, then selecting everything after the files and
    deleting, what you are left with are just the bookmarks you wanted. Two
    deletions, regardless of how many bookmarks you actually have.

    try this extension
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2625/

    OPML Support 1.2

    says this "> When exporting, you can choose to export your livemarks,
    bookmarks, or both. When importing a file, you can choose to import only
    the livemarks, only the bookmarks, or all of the links listed in the
    file. You can also choose whether to import/export links in their folder
    hierarchy.

    > Version 1.2 adds support for importing and exporting bookmarks, as well as options for importing/exporting livemarks as normal bookmarks and importing/exporting links with or without their folder hierarchy.

    "

  5. Re: How to export a folder that contains some of my bookmarks

    On 06-08-2006 21:00 CET, David composed this enchanting statement:
    > Hello
    > I want to export a folder that contains some of my bookmarks
    > The many other folders and single bookmarks I do not want to export
    >
    > With Internet Explorer I can go the Favorites folder and copy the
    > folder to another location but with Firefox I have a single bookmark file
    > File> Export only exports the whole bookmarks file
    >
    > How can I export a single folder of bookmarks?

    "Mein Himmel", why would you want to do that? Well, if you really want
    to do that, use a HTML editor or composer and open the exported bookmark
    file for processing....

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  6. Re: How to export a folder that contains some of my bookmarks

    Hello
    Thanks for everyone's 2cents worth
    I tried the extension given here at the newsgroup - OPML support but I guess I am not
    using it right
    Anytime I export an OPML or XML file from Bookmarks> Manage Bookmarks I get the list of
    all my bookmarks and not just the one I was highlighting - hoping it would export just
    that folder with the group of bookmarks in it. It probably wasn't meant to work the way I
    wanted since the maker talks about importing-exporting RSS/newsfeeds. I would not want to
    send all my bookmarks to someone

    I tried in the Manage Bookmarks to copy then paste into a mail message window with HTML
    turned on and it did create the links but without the titles

    I don't too often make copies of individual bookmark folders but it comes in handy if you
    are helping someone and can send them a group of links on the subject at hand

    Best way so far for me was to use the IE convert method. It just seems kind of clunky to
    do this

    David wrote:
    > Hello
    > I want to export a folder that contains some of my bookmarks
    > The many other folders and single bookmarks I do not want to export
    >
    > With Internet Explorer I can go the Favorites folder and copy the folder
    > to another location but with Firefox I have a single bookmark file
    > File> Export only exports the whole bookmarks file
    >
    > How can I export a single folder of bookmarks?
    >
    > David

+ Reply to Thread