LineFeeds ignored in code samples when printing MS KB pages - Mozilla

This is a discussion on LineFeeds ignored in code samples when printing MS KB pages - Mozilla ; Hello -- FF 1.5.0.6 and earlier ignore linefeeds in code samples in MS KnowledgeBase pages. An example is http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;q289562 in which the code sample in item 3 are all run together, as in Option Compare Database Option Explicit Sub subCloseObjects() ...

  1. LineFeeds ignored in code samples when printing MS KB pages

    Hello --

    FF 1.5.0.6 and earlier ignore linefeeds in code samples in MS KnowledgeBase
    pages.

    An example is
    in which the code sample in item 3 are all run together, as in
    Option Compare Database Option Explicit Sub subCloseObjects() Dim db As
    DAO.Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim qd As DAO.QueryDef ...Is there a
    setting in FF to fix this, or is this to be expected in FF?Thanks for any
    information.Larry Mehl

  2. Re: LineFeeds ignored in code samples when printing MS KB pages

    Larry Mehl wrote:
    > Hello --
    >
    > FF 1.5.0.6 and earlier ignore linefeeds in code samples in MS KnowledgeBase
    > pages.
    >
    > An example is
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;q289562
    > in which the code sample in item 3 are all run together, as in
    > Option Compare Database Option Explicit Sub subCloseObjects() Dim db As
    > DAO.Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim qd As DAO.QueryDef ...Is there a
    > setting in FF to fix this, or is this to be expected in FF?Thanks for any
    > information.Larry Mehl

    According to 'http://validator.w3.org' : 'This page is not Valid' ( see this
    link :
    http://validator.w3.org/check?ss=1&v...N-US%3Bq289562)
    You may install 'IE Tab' extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/)

  3. Re: LineFeeds ignored in code samples when printing MS KB pages

    This URL
    works fine in FF.

    I know about IE Tab, and would rather not have to view a page in IE simply
    to get text on a page to print correctly, when the remainder of the page
    prints OK.

    Do you have any idea why FF sees parts of pages differently?

    Larry Mehl

    "Nir" wrote in message
    news:G7SdnUoYkb_erkjZnZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Larry Mehl wrote:
    >> Hello --
    >>
    >> FF 1.5.0.6 and earlier ignore linefeeds in code samples in MS
    >> KnowledgeBase
    >> pages.
    >>
    >> An example is
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;q289562
    >> in which the code sample in item 3 are all run together, as in
    >> Option Compare Database Option Explicit Sub subCloseObjects() Dim db As
    >> DAO.Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim qd As DAO.QueryDef ...Is there
    >> setting in FF to fix this, or is this to be expected in FF?Thanks for any
    >> information.Larry Mehl
    >>

    > According to 'http://validator.w3.org' : 'This page is not Valid' ( see
    > this
    > link :