Is it possible to configure the appearance of individual sites? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Is it possible to configure the appearance of individual sites? - Mozilla ; Although I'm very happy with the way most sites appear in Firefox 1.5.6, www.slate.com is a bit of a pain to look at. I've adjusted the font to ensure that everything looks bigger to my vision challenged eyes, but the ...

  1. Is it possible to configure the appearance of individual sites?

    Although I'm very happy with the way most sites appear in Firefox
    1.5.6, www.slate.com is a bit of a pain to look at. I've adjusted the
    font to ensure that everything looks bigger to my vision challenged
    eyes, but the adjustment does not work properly in Slate - the windows
    in the middle (the highlighted stories with images) are askew: the
    writing actually 'move' out of the windows , making the headlines
    difficult to read. Any suggestions welcome.

    thanks again

  2. Re: Is it possible to configure the appearance of individual sites?

    idol_wild@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Although I'm very happy with the way most sites appear in Firefox
    > 1.5.6, www.slate.com is a bit of a pain to look at. I've adjusted the
    > font to ensure that everything looks bigger to my vision challenged
    > eyes, but the adjustment does not work properly in Slate - the windows
    > in the middle (the highlighted stories with images) are askew: the
    > writing actually 'move' out of the windows , making the headlines
    > difficult to read. Any suggestions welcome.

    http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org/

  3. Re: Is it possible to configure the appearance of individual sites?

    Aggro wrote:

    > http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org/

    thanks Aggro

  4. Re: Is it possible to configure the appearance of individual sites?

    Aggro in news:JuOdnYssGOJ7FEnZnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@mozilla.org:

    > idol_wild@hotmail.com wrote:
    >> Although I'm very happy with the way most sites appear in Firefox
    >> 1.5.6, www.slate.com is a bit of a pain to look at. I've adjusted the
    >> font to ensure that everything looks bigger to my vision challenged
    >> eyes, but the adjustment does not work properly in Slate - the windows
    >> in the middle (the highlighted stories with images) are askew: the
    >> writing actually 'move' out of the windows , making the headlines
    >> difficult to read. Any suggestions welcome.

    > http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org/

    stylish extension and/or userstyles may help.

    --
    Bloat Happens

  5. Re: Is it possible to configure the appearance of individual sites?

    "Aggro" wrote in message news:JuOdnYssGOJ7FEnZnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > idol_wild@hotmail.com wrote:
    > > Although I'm very happy with the way most sites appear in Firefox
    > > 1.5.6, www.slate.com is a bit of a pain to look at. I've adjusted the
    > > font to ensure that everything looks bigger to my vision challenged
    > > eyes, but the adjustment does not work properly in Slate - the windows
    > > in the middle (the highlighted stories with images) are askew: the
    > > writing actually 'move' out of the windows , making the headlines
    > > difficult to read. Any suggestions welcome.

    > http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org/

    If it is a site that you are going to frequent often the Platypus
    extension helps a lot with GreaseMonkey in fact I wouldn't know
    how to use Grease Monkey by itself.

    If it is just something that you want to look at quickly, you can
    remove styles quickly via several extensions including choices
    in Web Developer (even has a shortcut, Ctrl+Shift+S) for this
    but I relented and installed an extension that works from a toolbar
    icon to save a few steps. The advantage here is that the toolbar button
    toggles and you can see if it is active or not.
    mozdev.org - readeasily: index
    http://readeasily.mozdev.org/index.html
    one thing that would be lost is changes in fontsize that might
    end up making it still hard to read, But I like the extension and
    will be adding a green star in my description of the extension on
    my web page (the star indicating importance, the green that if morphs display),

    ---
    David McRitchie, for my notes customizing Firefox, see
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

+ Reply to Thread