ReminderFox - can't install - Mozilla

This is a discussion on ReminderFox - can't install - Mozilla ; Hello -- I can't get it to install in the current version of Firefox or Thunderbird, or, at least, I can't see it in any menus. I have installed many add-ons, either via dragging the xpi file to FF or ...

  1. ReminderFox - can't install

    Hello --

    I can't get it to install in the current version of Firefox or Thunderbird,
    or, at least, I can't see it in any menus.

    I have installed many add-ons, either via dragging the xpi file to FF or
    installing from the add-on's site. I have tried both methoes with
    ReminderFox.

    Can anyone tell me what to look for, or point me to an FAQ article.

    Thanks for any assistance.

    Larry Mehl

  2. Re: ReminderFox - can't install

    Larry Mehl wrote:
    > Hello --
    >
    > I can't get it to install in the current version of Firefox or Thunderbird,
    > or, at least, I can't see it in any menus.
    >
    > I have installed many add-ons, either via dragging the xpi file to FF or
    > installing from the add-on's site. I have tried both methoes with
    > ReminderFox.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me what to look for, or point me to an FAQ article.
    >
    > Thanks for any assistance.
    >
    > Larry Mehl

    for FF, in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:

    xpinstall.enabled

    once found, double click on the and change it to true.

    In TB, click on Tools, Options, Advanced, General tab, and Config
    Editor button and look for the same entry as above.

    --
    Maxims for the Internet Age: A journey of a thousand sites begins
    with a single click.

  3. Re: ReminderFox - can't install

    On 04-08-2006 00:51 CET, Larry Mehl composed this enchanting statement:
    > Hello --
    >
    > I can't get it to install in the current version of Firefox or Thunderbird,
    > or, at least, I can't see it in any menus.
    >
    > I have installed many add-ons, either via dragging the xpi file to FF or
    > installing from the add-on's site. I have tried both methoes with
    > ReminderFox.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me what to look for, or point me to an FAQ article.
    >
    > Thanks for any assistance.

    Hmm, see the Help menu, option 'Check for Updates...'.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  4. Re: ReminderFox - can't install

    Larry Mehl wrote:
    > Hello --
    >
    > I can't get it to install in the current version of Firefox or Thunderbird,
    > or, at least, I can't see it in any menus.
    >
    > I have installed many add-ons, either via dragging the xpi file to FF or
    > installing from the add-on's site. I have tried both methoes with
    > ReminderFox.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me what to look for, or point me to an FAQ article.
    >
    > Thanks for any assistance.
    >
    > Larry Mehl

    Hi,

    Just installed it from:

    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1191/

    using FF 1.5.0.6 and Windows XP. What's your OS and FF version?

    What, if any, error do you get? Is it actually listed in your
    extension list? If so right mouse click on it and select options make
    sure that it is set to display on something visible, i.e. not on a
    hidden toolbar - try the status bar and ensure that

    view | status bar

    is selected from the main FF window

    ian

  5. Re: ReminderFox - can't install

    Larry Mehl wrote:
    > Hello --
    >
    > I can't get it to install in the current version of Firefox or Thunderbird,
    > or, at least, I can't see it in any menus.
    >
    > I have installed many add-ons, either via dragging the xpi file to FF or
    > installing from the add-on's site. I have tried both methoes with
    > ReminderFox.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me what to look for, or point me to an FAQ article.
    >
    > Thanks for any assistance.
    >
    > Larry Mehl

    Start Firefox in safe mode ( Start >programs>Firefox[safe mode] ) and install
    that extension.
    If it doesn't works , goto your profile folder
    (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile) and delete
    extensions.ini
    extensions.cache
    extensions.rdf
    these three files and start Firefox and try to install .

    (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_...ions_-_Firefox)

  6. Re: ReminderFox - can't install

    I would do that, except that it was never installed, so how would FF know to
    look for an update?

    "Melchert Fruitema" wrote in message
    news:xZGdncsntvieZ0_ZnZ2dnUVZ_vednZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > On 04-08-2006 00:51 CET, Larry Mehl composed this enchanting statement:
    >> Hello --
    >>
    >> I can't get it to install in the current version of Firefox or
    >> Thunderbird, or, at least, I can't see it in any menus.
    >>
    >> I have installed many add-ons, either via dragging the xpi file to FF or
    >> installing from the add-on's site. I have tried both methoes with
    >> ReminderFox.
    >>
    >> Can anyone tell me what to look for, or point me to an FAQ article.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any assistance.
    >>

    > Hmm, see the Help menu, option 'Check for Updates...'.
    >
    > --
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Melchert
    >
    > MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  7. Re: ReminderFox - can't install

    Done in both places. Thanks.

    "gwtc" wrote in message
    news:q5CdnURdmvEc4k_ZnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Larry Mehl wrote:
    >> Hello --
    >>
    >> I can't get it to install in the current version of Firefox or
    >> Thunderbird, or, at least, I can't see it in any menus.
    >>
    >> I have installed many add-ons, either via dragging the xpi file to FF or
    >> installing from the add-on's site. I have tried both methoes with
    >> ReminderFox.
    >>
    >> Can anyone tell me what to look for, or point me to an FAQ article.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any assistance.
    >>
    >> Larry Mehl
    >>

    > for FF, in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:
    >
    > xpinstall.enabled
    >
    > once found, double click on the and change it to true.
    >
    > In TB, click on Tools, Options, Advanced, General tab, and Config Editor
    > button and look for the same entry as above.
    >
    > --
    > Maxims for the Internet Age: A journey of a thousand sites begins with a
    > single click.

  8. Re: ReminderFox - can't install

    Hi Ian --

    Thanks. I'm stupid ... it had installed OK. The icon which looks like a
    bow/knotted string is so innocuous that I did not see it. The developer
    told me what to look for.

    Thanks for listening.

    Larry

    "Hearts" wrote in message
    news:UMWdnXXAvbvjvk7ZnZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Larry Mehl wrote:
    >> Hello --
    >>
    >> I can't get it to install in the current version of Firefox or
    >> Thunderbird, or, at least, I can't see it in any menus.
    >>
    >> I have installed many add-ons, either via dragging the xpi file to FF or
    >> installing from the add-on's site. I have tried both methoes with
    >> ReminderFox.
    >>
    >> Can anyone tell me what to look for, or point me to an FAQ article.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any assistance.
    >>
    >> Larry Mehl
    >>

    > Hi,
    >
    > Just installed it from:
    >
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1191/
    >
    > using FF 1.5.0.6 and Windows XP. What's your OS and FF version?
    >
    > What, if any, error do you get? Is it actually listed in your extension
    > list? If so right mouse click on it and select options make sure that it
    > is set to display on something visible, i.e. not on a hidden toolbar - try
    > the status bar and ensure that
    >
    > view | status bar
    >
    > is selected from the main FF window
    >
    > ian

  9. Re: ReminderFox - can't install

    Nir --

    Thanks. I discovered my error ... see response to Hearts.

    Larry

    "Nir" wrote in message
    > Larry Mehl wrote:
    >> Hello --
    >>
    >> I can't get it to install in the current version of Firefox or
    >> Thunderbird,
    >> or, at least, I can't see it in any menus.
    >>
    >> I have installed many add-ons, either via dragging the xpi file to FF or
    >> installing from the add-on's site. I have tried both methoes with
    >> ReminderFox.
    >>
    >> Can anyone tell me what to look for, or point me to an FAQ article.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any assistance.
    >>
    >> Larry Mehl
    >>

    > Start Firefox in safe mode ( Start >programs>Firefox[safe mode] ) and
    > install
    > that extension.
    > If it doesn't works , goto your profile folder
    > (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile) and delete
    > extensions.ini
    > extensions.cache
    > extensions.rdf
    > these three files and start Firefox and try to install .
    >
    > (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_...ions_-_Firefox)

  10. Re: ReminderFox - can't install

    On 07-08-2006 07:29 CET, Larry Mehl composed this enchanting statement:

    > "Melchert Fruitema" wrote in message
    > news:xZGdncsntvieZ0_ZnZ2dnUVZ_vednZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > > On 04-08-2006 00:51 CET, Larry Mehl composed this enchanting statement:
    > >> Hello --
    > >>
    > >> I can't get it to install in the current version of Firefox or
    > >> Thunderbird, or, at least, I can't see it in any menus.
    > >>
    > >> I have installed many add-ons, either via dragging the xpi file to FF or
    > >> installing from the add-on's site. I have tried both methoes with
    > >> ReminderFox.
    > >>
    > >> Can anyone tell me what to look for, or point me to an FAQ article.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks for any assistance.
    > >>

    > > Hmm, see the Help menu, option 'Check for Updates...'.
    > >

    > I would do that, except that it was never installed, so how would FF know to
    > look for an update?

    Right. I misread your original post as it didn't cover the subject,
    which I ignored initially.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

+ Reply to Thread