Re: Changing the language of FF - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Changing the language of FF - Mozilla ; CreloX wrote: > I have my version of FF installed in Dutch but I would like to change it > to English. Is there a setting I can change or should I just download > and install an English version? ...

  1. Re: Changing the language of FF

    CreloX wrote:
    > I have my version of FF installed in Dutch but I would like to change it
    > to English. Is there a setting I can change or should I just download
    > and install an English version?
    >
    > TIA
    > CreloX

    Goto Tools>Options>Advanced>General>Edit Language.
    Select your language, click "Add" , use "move Up " button to set it Default.

  2. Re: Changing the language of FF

    Nir schreef:
    > CreloX wrote:
    >> I have my version of FF installed in Dutch but I would like to change it
    >> to English. Is there a setting I can change or should I just download
    >> and install an English version?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >> CreloX

    > Goto Tools>Options>Advanced>General>Edit Language.
    > Select your language, click "Add" , use "move Up " button to set it Default.

    Changes that setting makes hardly any difference. I want my FF
    completely in English (lay out, menus, ...)

    CreloX

  3. Re: Changing the language of FF

    CreloX wrote:
    > Nir schreef:
    >> CreloX wrote:
    >>> I have my version of FF installed in Dutch but I would like to change it
    >>> to English. Is there a setting I can change or should I just download
    >>> and install an English version?
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>> CreloX

    >> Goto Tools>Options>Advanced>General>Edit Language.
    >> Select your language, click "Add" , use "move Up " button to set it Default.

    > Changes that setting makes hardly any difference. I want my FF
    > completely in English (lay out, menus, ...)

    You first need to install the "Locale Switcher"
    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/356/
    and then the English language pack
    ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.or.../xpi/en-GB.xpi

    --
    Holger

  4. Re: Changing the language of FF

    CreloX wrote:
    > Nir schreef:
    >> CreloX wrote:
    >>> I have my version of FF installed in Dutch but I would like to change it
    >>> to English. Is there a setting I can change or should I just download
    >>> and install an English version?
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>> CreloX

    >> Goto Tools>Options>Advanced>General>Edit Language.
    >> Select your language, click "Add" , use "move Up " button to set it
    >> Default.

    > Changes that setting makes hardly any difference. I want my FF
    > completely in English (lay out, menus, ...)
    >
    > CreloX

    Don't know whether this trick will work or not :
    Goto Tools>options>Content.
    Set 'default font' to "Serif".
    Click on "Advanced" button.
    Set 'fonts for' to 'western'
    set 'default character encoding' to "Western (ISO-8859-15)
    restart Fireofox.

    If it doesn't works, please download proper installer for Firefox from
    http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html

+ Reply to Thread