Installer cannot proceed with the current Internet Connection proxysettings - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Installer cannot proceed with the current Internet Connection proxysettings - Mozilla ; Windows XP Home... Using Firefox 1.5 I am trying to install Java Runtime Environment Version 5 from this url: http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_xpi.jsp Since I am a home user with direct connection to internet specified in Proxy settings, whey am I getting the ...

  1. Installer cannot proceed with the current Internet Connection proxysettings

    Windows XP Home...
    Using Firefox 1.5 I am trying to install Java Runtime Environment
    Version 5 from this url:
    http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_xpi.jsp

    Since I am a home user with direct connection to internet specified in
    Proxy settings, whey am I getting the message "...Installer cannot
    proceed with the current Internet Connection proxy settings..."?

    Carl

  2. Re: Installer cannot proceed with the current Internet Connectionproxy settings

    clackey wrote:
    > Windows XP Home...
    > Using Firefox 1.5 I am trying to install Java Runtime Environment
    > Version 5 from this url:
    > http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_xpi.jsp
    >
    > Since I am a home user with direct connection to internet specified in
    > Proxy settings, whey am I getting the message "...Installer cannot
    > proceed with the current Internet Connection proxy settings..."?
    >
    > Carl

    have you tried to download "Windows (Offline Installation) " ( size - 18.23 MB ) ?

  3. Re: Installer cannot proceed with the current Internet Connectionproxy settings

    Nir wrote:
    > clackey wrote:
    >> Windows XP Home...
    >> Using Firefox 1.5 I am trying to install Java Runtime Environment
    >> Version 5 from this url:
    >> http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_xpi.jsp
    >>
    >> Since I am a home user with direct connection to internet specified in
    >> Proxy settings, whey am I getting the message "...Installer cannot
    >> proceed with the current Internet Connection proxy settings..."?
    >>
    >> Carl

    > have you tried to download "Windows (Offline Installation) " ( size - 18.23 MB ) ?

    Yes I have, but I have not installed it. I don't want to do that yet.
    I need to understand what is creating the situation, fix it, and then
    try the automatic install.

    I am wondering if I (we) are now required to have a security proxy. I
    ask because I get the same issue with Internet Explorer.

    Or is it because I am behind a home router? or what? I am inclined to
    believe it is my problem and not a general problem.

    Carl

  4. Re: Installer cannot proceed with the current Internet Connectionproxy settings

    clackey wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >> clackey wrote:
    >>> Windows XP Home...
    >>> Using Firefox 1.5 I am trying to install Java Runtime Environment
    >>> Version 5 from this url:
    >>> http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_xpi.jsp
    >>>
    >>> Since I am a home user with direct connection to internet specified in
    >>> Proxy settings, whey am I getting the message "...Installer cannot
    >>> proceed with the current Internet Connection proxy settings..."?
    >>>
    >>> Carl

    >> have you tried to download "Windows (Offline Installation) " ( size -
    >> 18.23 MB ) ?

    > Yes I have, but I have not installed it. I don't want to do that yet. I
    > need to understand what is creating the situation, fix it, and then try
    > the automatic install.
    >
    > I am wondering if I (we) are now required to have a security proxy. I
    > ask because I get the same issue with Internet Explorer.
    >
    > Or is it because I am behind a home router? or what? I am inclined to
    > believe it is my problem and not a general problem.
    >
    > Carl

    Truly speaking , I also faced same problem when i was trying to download it in
    college computers using FF. That's why I use to download that "offline setup" .
    At that time I guessed that this problem arises because of "Google Web
    Accelerator " installed in FF. I haven't yet check it by using IE.

  5. Re: Installer cannot proceed with the current Internet Connectionproxy settings

    clackey wrote:

    > Nir wrote:
    >
    >>clackey wrote:
    >>
    >>>Windows XP Home...
    >>>Using Firefox 1.5 I am trying to install Java Runtime Environment
    >>>Version 5 from this url:
    >>>http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_xpi.jsp
    >>>
    >>>Since I am a home user with direct connection to internet specified in
    >>>Proxy settings, whey am I getting the message "...Installer cannot
    >>>proceed with the current Internet Connection proxy settings..."?
    >>>
    >>>Carl

    >>have you tried to download "Windows (Offline Installation) " ( size - 18.23 MB ) ?

    > Yes I have, but I have not installed it. I don't want to do that yet.
    > I need to understand what is creating the situation, fix it, and then
    > try the automatic install.
    >
    > I am wondering if I (we) are now required to have a security proxy. I
    > ask because I get the same issue with Internet Explorer.
    >
    > Or is it because I am behind a home router? or what? I am inclined to
    > believe it is my problem and not a general problem.
    >
    > Carl

    in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:

    xpinstall.enabled

    when found, double click on it and change it to true. Does it work now.

    --
    So, You Think You Know Everything?

    Did you know that TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made
    using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.

  6. Re: Installer cannot proceed with the current Internet Connectionproxy settings

    gwtc wrote:
    > clackey wrote:
    >
    >> Nir wrote:

    >>> have you tried to download "Windows (Offline Installation) " ( size -
    >>> 18.23 MB ) ?

    >> Yes I have, but I have not installed it. I don't want to do that yet.
    >> I need to understand what is creating the situation, fix it, and then
    >> try the automatic install.
    >>
    >> I am wondering if I (we) are now required to have a security proxy. I
    >> ask because I get the same issue with Internet Explorer.
    >>
    >> Or is it because I am behind a home router? or what? I am inclined
    >> to believe it is my problem and not a general problem.
    >>
    >> Carl

    > in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:
    >
    > xpinstall.enabled
    >
    > when found, double click on it and change it to true. Does it work now.

    I think it will not help him to solve this problem. When you disable
    "xpinstall.enabled" and try to download "Windows (XPI)" from that site , it will
    shows an error message "XPIinstall is not supported by this browser " .
    But the actual error message what clackey faced is something like this
    "...Installer cannot proceed with the current Internet Connection proxy settings..."

  7. Re: Installer cannot proceed with the current Internet Connectionproxy settings

    gwtc wrote:
    > clackey wrote:
    >
    >> Nir wrote:

    >>> have you tried to download "Windows (Offline Installation) " ( size -
    >>> 18.23 MB ) ?

    >> Yes I have, but I have not installed it. I don't want to do that yet.
    >> I need to understand what is creating the situation, fix it, and then
    >> try the automatic install.
    >>
    >> I am wondering if I (we) are now required to have a security proxy. I
    >> ask because I get the same issue with Internet Explorer.
    >>
    >> Or is it because I am behind a home router? or what? I am inclined
    >> to believe it is my problem and not a general problem.
    >>
    >> Carl

    > in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:
    >
    > xpinstall.enabled
    >
    > when found, double click on it and change it to true. Does it work now.

    Thanks... but it was already set to "true".

    Carl

  8. Re: Installer cannot proceed with the current Internet Connectionproxy settings

    _clackey_ spoke thusly on 19/07/2006 6:31 AM:
    > Nir wrote:
    >
    >> have you tried to download "Windows (Offline Installation) " ( size -
    >> 18.23 MB ) ?

    > Yes I have, but I have not installed it. I don't want to do that yet. I
    > need to understand what is creating the situation, fix it, and then try
    > the automatic install.
    >
    > I am wondering if I (we) are now required to have a security proxy. I
    > ask because I get the same issue with Internet Explorer.
    >
    > Or is it because I am behind a home router? or what? I am inclined to
    > believe it is my problem and not a general problem.

    The XPI version is just the installer, wrapped in a XPI file. It's the
    same as the usual EXE installer. Try the offline version.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator