how minimize to tray? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on how minimize to tray? - Mozilla ; is it possible to minimize thunderbird to tray so there's only tiny icon and the prog checks new mail in the background?...

  1. how minimize to tray?

    is it possible to minimize thunderbird to tray so there's only tiny icon and the prog
    checks new mail in the background?

  2. Re: how minimize to tray?

    Alex wrote:
    > is it possible to minimize thunderbird to tray so there's only tiny icon and the prog
    > checks new mail in the background?

    Alex, yes there is the minimizetotray extension which does exactly that.
    I've been using it for quite a while.

    --
    Wilf

  3. Re: how minimize to tray?

    On 7/7/2006 8:24 AM, clay wrote the following and I, Dennis Marks, have
    replied at the bottom:
    > Alex wrote:
    >> is it possible to minimize thunderbird to tray so there's only tiny
    >> icon and the prog checks new mail in the background?

    > Get the extension: minimizetotray.xpi.
    > I use it and leave TB open 24/7-365. Works good.

    I've seen "minimize to tray". Does it minimize to the notification area
    and remove the tab?

    --
    Dennis M. Marks

    Disclaimer: The above is my opinion. I do not guarantee it. Be sure to
    back up any files involved and use at your own risk. Batteries not
    included. Not for internal use. Don't run with knives.

  4. Re: how minimize to tray?

    TNX CLAY, WILF, works great

  5. Re: how minimize to tray?

    _Alex_ spoke thusly on 07/07/2006 11:20 AM:
    > is it possible to minimize thunderbird to tray so there's only tiny icon
    > and the prog checks new mail in the background?

    Thunderbird questions go in mozilla.support.thunderbird.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  6. Re: how minimize to tray?

    Alex wrote:
    > is it possible to minimize thunderbird to tray so there's only tiny icon
    > and the prog checks new mail in the background?

    Sure. Many programs will do this, but the simplest is one called
    'iconic tray'. It installs, and will minimize any window to the tray
    with just a right-click on the minimize gadget.

+ Reply to Thread