frames in firefox - Mozilla

This is a discussion on frames in firefox - Mozilla ; when accessing a specific address it indicates that your browser does not support frames and is using html 4 http://www.hofvancraynbergh.be/ does firefox not support this o any specific setting to be done ? Thanks for all info Best Regards, Guy ...

  1. frames in firefox

    when accessing a specific address it indicates that your browser does
    not support frames and is using html 4
    http://www.hofvancraynbergh.be/
    does firefox not support this o any specific setting to be done ?
    Thanks for all info
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula

  2. Re: frames in firefox

    Guy Przytula wrote:
    > when accessing a specific address it indicates that your browser does
    > not support frames and is using html 4
    > http://www.hofvancraynbergh.be/
    > does firefox not support this o any specific setting to be done ?
    > Thanks for all info
    > Best Regards, Guy Przytula

    I get no error message at the site

  3. Re: frames in firefox

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    > Guy Przytula wrote:
    >
    >>when accessing a specific address it indicates that your browser does
    >>not support frames and is using html 4
    >>http://www.hofvancraynbergh.be/
    >>does firefox not support this o any specific setting to be done ?
    >>Thanks for all info
    >>Best Regards, Guy Przytula

    > I get no error message at the site

    go to babelfish and translate it from Dutch to English, then look at
    the very bottom and you'll see it.

    http://babelfish.altavista.com/

    --
    You Know You're Getting Even Older When . . . You try to straighten
    out the wrinkles in your socks and discover you aren't wearing any.

  4. Re: frames in firefox

    gwtc wrote:

    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >

    >>Guy Przytula wrote:
    >>

    >>>when accessing a specific address it indicates that your browser does
    >>>not support frames and is using html 4
    >>>http://www.hofvancraynbergh.be/
    >>>does firefox not support this o any specific setting to be done ?
    >>>Thanks for all info
    >>>Best Regards, Guy Przytula

    >>I get no error message at the site

    > go to babelfish and translate it from Dutch to English, then look at
    > the very bottom and you'll see it.
    >
    > http://babelfish.altavista.com/

    by the way, I get the same message in FF as I do in IE.

    So, click on the picture and you'll get where you want and in frames, too.

    --
    You Know You're Getting Even Older When . . . You try to straighten
    out the wrinkles in your socks and discover you aren't wearing any.

  5. Re: frames in firefox

    Guy Przytula wrote, On 7/6/2006 11:35 AM:
    > when accessing a specific address it indicates that your browser does
    > not support frames and is using html 4
    > http://www.hofvancraynbergh.be/
    > does firefox not support this o any specific setting to be done ?
    > Thanks for all info
    > Best Regards, Guy Przytula

    I can't see in the source code of the page where that they are doing
    browser sniffing to know what browser I'm using - I have a feeling that
    the error text is a hold-over from days gone by where this type of error
    was common on web sites.

    If you take a look old versions of this page at the Internet archive
    site (http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://...craynbergh.be/),
    you'll see that the error was present as far back as Jan 2002.

  6. Re: frames in firefox

    gwtc wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >
    >> Guy Przytula wrote:
    >>
    >>> when accessing a specific address it indicates that your browser
    >>> does not support frames and is using html 4
    >>> http://www.hofvancraynbergh.be/
    >>> does firefox not support this o any specific setting to be done ?
    >>> Thanks for all info
    >>> Best Regards, Guy Przytula

    >> I get no error message at the site

    > go to babelfish and translate it from Dutch to English, then look at
    > the very bottom and you'll see it.
    >
    > http://babelfish.altavista.com/

    Well, you get that message in ANY browser! (checked with
    Firefox/SeaMonkey/Safari) because its right there on the page!
    Take a look at the page source - its right there, I dare say you would
    get it with Explorer as well (no capability at present to confirm that
    tho) I dont see ANY browser specific coding on the page, nor any browser
    sniffer either, so whatever the page is saying its WRONG.

    Besides, the page was prepared with Frontpage, so what do you expect? MS
    products favour MS products.

  7. Re: frames in firefox

    Hi :-)

    The official Mozilla solution to make frames resizable is to create a
    user.js file in a certain folder and to add some cryptic line/code. Not only
    is this solution a bit pathetic (if it worked) cause a webpage can't enforce
    this. But even worse their official solution does not work. Neither in
    version 1.5 nor 2.0 beta. Why on earth are not frames resizable by default
    in Firefox if it is supposed to be able to support this? The W3C standard
    says that a frame is resizable by default, and this resizing is turned off
    when defining a frame like this :
    This is quite annoying! Does anyone know any CSS/JavaScript solution to
    force Firefox have resizable frames??

    -Per

  8. Re: frames in firefox

    On 06.07.2006 06:35 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Guy
    Przytula to generate the following:? :

    > when accessing a specific address it indicates that your browser does
    > not support frames and is using html 4
    > http://www.hofvancraynbergh.be/
    > does firefox not support this o any specific setting to be done ?
    > Thanks for all info
    > Best Regards, Guy Przytula

    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...craynbergh.be/

    tells you *all* ....

    reg

  9. Re: frames in firefox

    gwtc wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >
    >> Guy Przytula wrote:
    >>
    >>> when accessing a specific address it indicates that your browser does
    >>> not support frames and is using html 4
    >>> http://www.hofvancraynbergh.be/
    >>> does firefox not support this o any specific setting to be done ?
    >>> Thanks for all info
    >>> Best Regards, Guy Przytula

    >> I get no error message at the site

    > go to babelfish and translate it from Dutch to English, then look at the
    > very bottom and you'll see it.
    >
    > http://babelfish.altavista.com/

    Good call!

    --
    Irwin

    Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
    Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

  10. Re: frames in firefox

    gwtc wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    >>> I get no error message at the site

    >> go to babelfish and translate it from Dutch to English, then look at
    >> the very bottom and you'll see it.
    >>
    >> http://babelfish.altavista.com/
    >>

    > by the way, I get the same message in FF as I do in IE.
    >
    > So, click on the picture and you'll get where you want and in frames, too.

    Better call!

    --
    Irwin

    Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
    Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

  11. Re: frames in firefox

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    >>> I get no error message at the site

    >> go to babelfish and translate it from Dutch to English, then look at
    >> the very bottom and you'll see it.
    >>
    >> http://babelfish.altavista.com/
    >>

    > Good call!

    As I said gentlemen, I get NO ERROR MESSAGE at the site.
    What 'appears' to be an error message at the bottom of the page is not
    an error message.

  12. Re: frames in firefox

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    >>>I get no error message at the site

    >>go to babelfish and translate it from Dutch to English, then look at the
    >>very bottom and you'll see it.
    >>
    >>http://babelfish.altavista.com/
    >>

    > Good call!

    Oh man, you make me laugh. Its amazing how you can compliment me in
    one message and in the next say

    So why in Hell should the Champs put up with jerks like you who
    waste space in these forums as well as other people's time determining
    that space is being wasted. In this thread you are just a petulant child

    in the next

    --
    You Know You're Getting Even Older When . . . You try to straighten
    out the wrinkles in your socks and discover you aren't wearing any.

  13. Re: frames in firefox

    On 06/07/06 22:56, Per K Fredlund Scribbled:
    > Hi :-)
    >
    > The official Mozilla solution to make frames resizable is to create a
    > user.js file in a certain folder and to add some cryptic line/code. Not only
    > is this solution a bit pathetic (if it worked) cause a webpage can't enforce
    > this. But even worse their official solution does not work. Neither in
    > version 1.5 nor 2.0 beta. Why on earth are not frames resizable by default
    > in Firefox if it is supposed to be able to support this? The W3C standard
    > says that a frame is resizable by default, and this resizing is turned off
    > when defining a frame like this : >
    > This is quite annoying! Does anyone know any CSS/JavaScript solution to
    > force Firefox have resizable frames??
    >
    > -Per

    Web Developer Toolbar Extension, then Misc>make frames resizable

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    Kieren aka JediFans -

  14. Re: frames in firefox

    gwtc wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> go to babelfish and translate it from Dutch to English, then look at
    >>> the very bottom and you'll see it.
    >>>
    >>> http://babelfish.altavista.com/
    >>>

    >> Good call!
    >>

    > Oh man, you make me laugh. Its amazing how you can compliment me in one
    > message and in the next say
    >

    > So why in Hell should the Champs put up with jerks like you who
    > waste space in these forums as well as other people's time determining
    > that space is being wasted. In this thread you are just a petulant child
    >

    > in the next

    Good reply to a compliment! Your quoting of a message from *another*
    *newsgroup* would seem to prove my point.

    In deference to Chris, I will not respond to further messages on this
    topic in this newsgroup

    --
    Irwin

    Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
    Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

  15. Re: frames in firefox

    gwtc wrote in
    :

    > Oh man, you make me laugh. Its amazing how you can compliment me
    > in one message and in the next say
    >

    > So why in Hell should the Champs put up with jerks like you who
    > waste space in these forums as well as other people's time
    > determining that space is being wasted. In this thread you are
    > just a petulant child
    >
    > in the next

    Not so amazing. Up until now you hadn't been acting like a petulant
    child in this thread, so no one had brought it up in this thread.