Cookie blocking - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Cookie blocking - Mozilla ; A few years ago there used to be a mozilla option for blocking cookies that I don't see in FF anymore. I could view cookies in Moz and then have it so that any cookies I deleted would be set ...

  1. Cookie blocking

    A few years ago there used to be a mozilla option for blocking cookies
    that I don't see in FF anymore.

    I could view cookies in Moz and then have it so that any cookies I
    deleted would be set to be blocked in the future.

    This was nice because after a heavy nasty browsing I would usually have
    a lot of cookies I wanted to block anyway - I would have a list right
    there where I could "select out" the clockies for blocking.

    Which FF I don't see this option so I have to hand copy - at best
    cut/paste repeatedly - to generate a blocking list. Am I wrong? It's
    something I really miss.

  2. Re: Cookie blocking

    leegold58@yahoo.com wrote:
    > A few years ago there used to be a mozilla option for blocking cookies
    > that I don't see in FF anymore.
    >
    > I could view cookies in Moz and then have it so that any cookies I
    > deleted would be set to be blocked in the future.
    >
    > This was nice because after a heavy nasty browsing I would usually have
    > a lot of cookies I wanted to block anyway - I would have a list right
    > there where I could "select out" the clockies for blocking.
    >
    > Which FF I don't see this option so I have to hand copy - at best
    > cut/paste repeatedly - to generate a blocking list. Am I wrong? It's
    > something I really miss.

    Tools, Options, Privacy, cookies, exceptions button, and you can add
    for blocking or allowing

    --
    You Know You're Getting Even Older When . . . You try to straighten
    out the wrinkles in your socks and discover you aren't wearing any.

  3. Re: Cookie blocking

    leegold58@yahoo.com wrote:

    > A few years ago there used to be a mozilla option for blocking cookies
    > that I don't see in FF anymore.
    >
    > I could view cookies in Moz and then have it so that any cookies I
    > deleted would be set to be blocked in the future.
    >
    > This was nice because after a heavy nasty browsing I would usually have
    > a lot of cookies I wanted to block anyway - I would have a list right
    > there where I could "select out" the clockies for blocking.
    >
    > Which FF I don't see this option so I have to hand copy - at best
    > cut/paste repeatedly - to generate a blocking list. Am I wrong? It's
    > something I really miss.

    GWTC's reply tells you where, but the easiest way to do it is
    automatically. Install Spywareblaster,

    and it blocks more sites than you can shake a stick at! If you ever use
    IE6 (urgggh) it will secure that at the same time. You could also run
    Spybot and/or Adaware first, to remove any c**p that's already on there.
    I use all three regularly and find them excellent.

    Regards,

    Bob

    --
    Remove "x" from address to reply by email

  4. Re: Cookie blocking

    leegold58@yahoo.com wrote:
    > A few years ago there used to be a mozilla option for blocking cookies
    > that I don't see in FF anymore.
    >
    > I could view cookies in Moz and then have it so that any cookies I
    > deleted would be set to be blocked in the future.
    > [...]

    They moved the checkbox for that function outside of the cookie manager
    window. You'll find it at Tools/Options/Cookies/"unless I've removed
    cookies set by the site."

    BTW, Seamonkey (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey) still has the
    checkbox that reads "don't allow sites that set removed cookies to set
    future cookies" in the cookie manager window.

    HTH

  5. Re: Cookie blocking

    On 06.07.2006 03:19, Mumia W. wrote:

    > They moved the checkbox for that function outside of the cookie manager
    > window. You'll find it at Tools/Options/Cookies/"unless I've removed
    > cookies set by the site."
    >
    > BTW, Seamonkey (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey) still has the
    > checkbox that reads "don't allow sites that set removed cookies to set
    > future cookies" in the cookie manager window.
    >

    > HTH

    Correction: TOOLS => Options => PRIVACY => Cookies

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  6. Re: Cookie blocking

    Mumia W. wrote:

    > They moved the checkbox for that function outside of the cookie manager
    > window. You'll find it at Tools/Options/Cookies/"unless I've removed
    > cookies set by the site."

    where are you finding that? I don't have a Tools, Options, Cookies.

    --
    You Know You're Getting Even Older When . . . You try to straighten
    out the wrinkles in your socks and discover you aren't wearing any.

  7. Re: Cookie blocking

    gwtc wrote:
    > Mumia W. wrote:
    >
    >> They moved the checkbox for that function outside of the cookie
    >> manager window. You'll find it at Tools/Options/Cookies/"unless I've
    >> removed cookies set by the site."
    >>

    > where are you finding that? I don't have a Tools, Options, Cookies.

    [Tools-->Options]*-->Privacy [Cookies]

    varies by OS
    Linux
    [Edit-->Preferences]
    Mac
    [Firefox-->Preferences]
    Windows as above

  8. Re: Cookie blocking

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>Mumia W. wrote:
    >>

    >>>They moved the checkbox for that function outside of the cookie
    >>>manager window. You'll find it at Tools/Options/Cookies/"unless I've
    >>>removed cookies set by the site."
    >>>

    >>where are you finding that? I don't have a Tools, Options, Cookies.
    >>

    > [Tools-->Options]*-->Privacy [Cookies]
    >

    > varies by OS
    > Linux
    > [Edit-->Preferences]
    > Mac
    > [Firefox-->Preferences]
    > Windows as above

    Thanks Dan, I know where the actual setting is. I just wanted to know
    where Mumia got his from.

    --
    You Know You're Getting Even Older When . . . You try to straighten
    out the wrinkles in your socks and discover you aren't wearing any.

  9. Re: Cookie blocking

    gwtc wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>
    >> [Tools-->Options]*-->Privacy [Cookies]
    >> [...]

    > Thanks Dan, I know where the actual setting is. I just wanted to know
    > where Mumia got his from.

    I made a mistake. It was at Tools/Options/Privacy/Cookies/....

  10. Re: Cookie blocking

    On 06.07.2006 11:50, gwtc wrote:

    >> They moved the checkbox for that function outside of the cookie manager
    >> window. You'll find it at Tools/Options/Cookies/"unless I've removed
    >> cookies set by the site."
    >>

    > where are you finding that? I don't have a Tools, Options, Cookies.

    Guess you missed my reply 3 hrs before you posted this.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  11. Re: Cookie blocking

    Jay Garcia wrote:

    > On 06.07.2006 11:50, gwtc wrote:

    yes, it was my fault, and atleast I admit it. When I clicked on Sent,
    I realizing I hadn't read the rest of the thread, and missed your reply

    --
    You Know You're Getting Even Older When . . . You try to straighten
    out the wrinkles in your socks and discover you aren't wearing any.

  12. Re: Cookie blocking

    On 07.07.2006 07:59 am, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused gwtc to
    generate the following:? :

    > Jay Garcia wrote:
    >
    >> On 06.07.2006 11:50, gwtc wrote:

    errrr....ummmmm....

    seems to be a common fault with Canadians :-P (no names here)

    reg

  13. Re: Cookie blocking

    squaredancer wrote:

    > On 07.07.2006 07:59 am, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused gwtc to
    > generate the following:? :
    >

    >>Jay Garcia wrote:
    >>

    >>>On 06.07.2006 11:50, gwtc wrote:

    and what does that suppose to mean!?

    --
    You Know You're Getting Even Older When . . . At the breakfast table
    you hear snap, crackle, and pop, but you're not eating cereal.

+ Reply to Thread