Firefox weakness ( not Thunder fox ) - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox weakness ( not Thunder fox ) - Mozilla ; whenever open scripted sites written with Java, shockwave etc. The Thunderbird browser tend to freeze until it loaded. Which mean you couldn't do something else while waiting. I hope someone could help fix this problem....

  1. Firefox weakness ( not Thunder fox )

    whenever open scripted sites written with Java, shockwave etc. The
    Thunderbird browser tend to freeze until it loaded. Which mean you couldn't
    do something else while waiting.

    I hope someone could help fix this problem.

  2. Re: Firefox weakness ( not Thunder fox )

    "disapointedThunderbird" wrote in
    :

    > whenever open scripted sites written with Java, shockwave etc. The
    > Thunderbird browser tend to freeze until it loaded. Which mean
    > you couldn't do something else while waiting.
    >
    > I hope someone could help fix this problem.

    What app are you talking about? Your post says "Thunderbird browser"
    and your Subject mentions Firefox and "Thunder fox". Firefox is a
    web browser. Thunderbird is an e-mail/newsgroup client. If the
    problem is with Thunderbird, try asking about it in
    mozilla.support.thunderbird.

  3. Re: Firefox weakness ( not Thunder fox )

    "disapointedThunderbird" wrote...
    > whenever open scripted sites written with Java, shockwave etc. The
    > Thunderbird browser tend to freeze until it loaded. Which mean you couldn't
    > do something else while waiting.
    >
    > I hope someone could help fix this problem.

    ---

    I think you can blame the operating systems on PC's for that.
    One person's personal PC running one application at a time.

    On a PC you have to interrupt yourself to let someone else
    get some time. So I presume it would be up the person
    writing Java or Shockwave to determine if they want to
    provide nice coding and hope that others are as nice.
    ---
    David McRitchie, for my notes on customizing Firefox, see
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

  4. Re: Firefox weakness ( not Thunder fox )

    > whenever open scripted sites written with Java, shockwave etc.
    > The Thunderbird browser tend to freeze until it loaded. Which
    > mean you couldn't do something else while waiting.
    >
    > I hope someone could help fix this problem.

    Not a problem here. It may be a site-specific problem, OR it
    could be a glitch on your computer. Give us an URL to look at.

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

    The Californians are an idle thriftless people, and can make
    nothing for themselves.

  5. Re: Firefox weakness ( not Thunder fox )

    "Christopher Jahn" wrote in message
    > Not a problem here. It may be a site-specific problem, OR it
    > could be a glitch on your computer. Give us an URL to look at.

    I can give you an example of Java that runs slow on my slow
    machine (600mHz) that ties up things like the original poster indicated.
    See http://www.95isalive.com/java/fireworks.htm
    In fact it is so slow and tied up it is hard to get the cursor back
    to set up another launch or to close tab it is open in.
    ---
    David McRitchie, for my notes customizing Firefox, see
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

  6. Re: Firefox weakness ( not Thunder fox )

    David McRitchie wrote:
    > "Christopher Jahn" wrote in message
    >
    >> Not a problem here. It may be a site-specific problem, OR it
    >> could be a glitch on your computer. Give us an URL to look at.
    >>

    > I can give you an example of Java that runs slow on my slow
    > machine (600mHz) that ties up things like the original poster indicated.
    > See http://www.95isalive.com/java/fireworks.htm
    > In fact it is so slow and tied up it is hard to get the cursor back
    > to set up another launch or to close tab it is open in.
    > ---
    > David McRitchie, for my notes customizing Firefox, see
    > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

    takes a couple of seconds to load here

  7. Re: Firefox weakness ( not Thunder fox )

    On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 20:10:03 -0400, David McRitchie wrote:

    > "Christopher Jahn" wrote in message
    >> Not a problem here. It may be a site-specific problem, OR it
    >> could be a glitch on your computer. Give us an URL to look at.

    > I can give you an example of Java that runs slow on my slow
    > machine (600mHz) that ties up things like the original poster indicated.
    > See http://www.95isalive.com/java/fireworks.htm
    > In fact it is so slow and tied up it is hard to get the cursor back
    > to set up another launch or to close tab it is open in.
    > ---
    > David McRitchie, for my notes customizing Firefox, see
    > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

    Poorly written Java Applet. Uses nearly all of my CPU time even when doing
    nothing. I'm not surprised that it dramatically slows a slower machine.
    Note: I rarely see Firefox use CPU as it does on this page. Anytime i have
    seen CPU use like this it has been on Java pages. Not all Java does this.

    tb

  8. Re: Firefox weakness ( not Thunder fox )

    teabag wrote in
    :

    >> See http://www.95isalive.com/java/fireworks.htm

    > Poorly written Java Applet. Uses nearly all of my CPU time even
    > when doing nothing. I'm not surprised that it dramatically slows a
    > slower machine. Note: I rarely see Firefox use CPU as it does on
    > this page. Anytime i have seen CPU use like this it has been on
    > Java pages. Not all Java does this.

    I see the same thing you are seeing. It's not enough to bog my machine
    down (2133 MHz), but it does use a lot of cycles.

  9. Re: Firefox weakness ( not Thunder fox )

    The site took only couple seconds to load only after the scripts started.
    The real problem I am talking about is, during loading, the browser couldn't
    allow other use.

    "teabag" wrote in message
    news:1lqq6ojwarq8c$.dlg@tandelshome.attbi.invalid. ..
    > On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 20:10:03 -0400, David McRitchie wrote:
    >
    > > "Christopher Jahn" wrote in message
    > >> Not a problem here. It may be a site-specific problem, OR it
    > >> could be a glitch on your computer. Give us an URL to look at.

    > > I can give you an example of Java that runs slow on my slow
    > > machine (600mHz) that ties up things like the original poster

    indicated.
    > > See http://www.95isalive.com/java/fireworks.htm
    > > In fact it is so slow and tied up it is hard to get the cursor back
    > > to set up another launch or to close tab it is open in.
    > > ---
    > > David McRitchie, for my notes customizing Firefox, see
    > > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

    > Poorly written Java Applet. Uses nearly all of my CPU time even when doing
    > nothing. I'm not surprised that it dramatically slows a slower machine.
    > Note: I rarely see Firefox use CPU as it does on this page. Anytime i have
    > seen CPU use like this it has been on Java pages. Not all Java does this.
    >
    > tb

  10. Re: Firefox weakness ( not Thunder fox )

    On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 18:51:46 -0400, disapointedThunderbird wrote:

    > The site took only couple seconds to load only after the scripts started.
    > The real problem I am talking about is, during loading, the browser couldn't
    > allow other use.

    > "teabag" wrote in message
    > news:1lqq6ojwarq8c$.dlg@tandelshome.attbi.invalid. ..

    >>> I can give you an example of Java that runs slow on my slow
    >>> machine (600mHz) that ties up things like the original poster

    > indicated.
    >>> See http://www.95isalive.com/java/fireworks.htm
    >>> In fact it is so slow and tied up it is hard to get the cursor back
    >>> to set up another launch or to close tab it is open in.
    >>> ---
    >>> David McRitchie, for my notes customizing Firefox, see
    >>> http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

    >> Poorly written Java Applet. Uses nearly all of my CPU time even when doing
    >> nothing. I'm not surprised that it dramatically slows a slower machine.
    >> Note: I rarely see Firefox use CPU as it does on this page. Anytime i have
    >> seen CPU use like this it has been on Java pages. Not all Java does this.
    >>
    >> tb

    Please bottom post in these groups. Thanks.

    Sorry, the page loads too fast here for me to check that.

    tb

  11. Re: Firefox weakness ( not Thunder fox )

    "disapointedThunderbird" wrote in
    :

    > The real problem I am talking about is, during loading,
    > the browser couldn't allow other use.

    Yes, and you were asked if you had any URLs where we could observe that
    behavior. Can you give us any?

    Please place your response(s) below quoted text in this group. Thanks.