How do I get rid of the icon bar at the bottom of the page? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How do I get rid of the icon bar at the bottom of the page? - Mozilla ; Firefox 1.5.0.4 on Windows XP (home edition). Sorry, I can't remember what it's called, but at the bottom of my page I have a bar with icons for various extensions I've got installed (no-script, ReminderFox and so forth). Is there ...

  1. How do I get rid of the icon bar at the bottom of the page?

    Firefox 1.5.0.4 on Windows XP (home edition). Sorry, I can't remember
    what it's called, but at the bottom of my page I have a bar with icons
    for various extensions I've got installed (no-script, ReminderFox and so
    forth). Is there any way of turning this on and off? It interferes
    with the working of some tools in the Joomla Content Management System
    that launch pop-up windows, because the bar cuts off important controls
    at the bottom of these windows (and the windows don't appear to be
    resizeable).

    Any solutions, or do I have to resign myself to using Firefox in Safe
    Mode (or Internet Explorer, of course) when I'm using Joomla?

    Steve

  2. Re: How do I get rid of the icon bar at the bottom of the page?

    Stephen Glynn wrote:

    >Firefox 1.5.0.4 on Windows XP (home edition). Sorry, I can't remember
    >what it's called, but at the bottom of my page I have a bar with icons
    >for various extensions I've got installed (no-script, ReminderFox and so
    >forth). Is there any way of turning this on and off?

    View / Status Bar ?

  3. Re: How do I get rid of the icon bar at the bottom of the page?

    jo wrote:
    > Stephen Glynn wrote:
    >
    >> Firefox 1.5.0.4 on Windows XP (home edition). Sorry, I can't remember
    >> what it's called, but at the bottom of my page I have a bar with icons
    >> for various extensions I've got installed (no-script, ReminderFox and so
    >> forth). Is there any way of turning this on and off?

    > View / Status Bar ?

    Thanks. That did the trick -- I said I'd forgotten what the bar with
    icons at the bottom was called!

    Steve

  4. Re: How do I get rid of the icon bar at the bottom of the page?

    On 25.06.2006 04:44 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Stephen
    Glynn to generate the following:? :

    > jo wrote:
    >
    >> Stephen Glynn wrote:
    >>
    >>> Firefox 1.5.0.4 on Windows XP (home edition). Sorry, I can't
    >>> remember what it's called, but at the bottom of my page I have a bar
    >>> with icons for various extensions I've got installed (no-script,
    >>> ReminderFox and so forth). Is there any way of turning this on
    >>> and off?

    >> View / Status Bar ?

    > Thanks. That did the trick -- I said I'd forgotten what the bar with
    > icons at the bottom was called!
    >
    > Steve

    can't really understand your problem???
    The Status bar in FF doesn't contain any icons, unless you have some
    extension that places them there... maybe you mean the WINDOWS toolbar,
    at the bottom of the Windows screen??
    Otherwise, have you tried to "drag" the disturbing bar to the top (or
    even to the side) ??

    reg

  5. Re: How do I get rid of the icon bar at the bottom of the page?

    squaredancer wrote:

    > On 25.06.2006 04:44 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Stephen
    > Glynn to generate the following:? :
    >

    >>jo wrote:

    >>>View / Status Bar ?

    >>Thanks. That did the trick -- I said I'd forgotten what the bar with
    >>icons at the bottom was called!
    >>
    >>Steve

    > can't really understand your problem???
    > The Status bar in FF doesn't contain any icons, unless you have some
    > extension that places them there... maybe you mean the WINDOWS toolbar,
    > at the bottom of the Windows screen??
    > Otherwise, have you tried to "drag" the disturbing bar to the top (or
    > even to the side) ??
    >
    > reg

    if thats the case, then mouse over the top of the toolbar until you
    get an arrow pointing up and down. When you get that, then you can
    drag the bar down until it shrinks.

    Or, right click on the toolbar, select properties and select auto
    hide. Personally, I don't like that setting. Can be most annoying at
    times.

    --
    Before and After Children

    BEFORE Children: I was thankful for material objects like custom
    furniture, a nice car and trendy clothes.

    AFTER Children: I am thankful when the baby spits up and misses my
    good shirt.

+ Reply to Thread