anonymizer - Mozilla

This is a discussion on anonymizer - Mozilla ; Hi, Each time I open Mozilla Firefox I have to go to tools-options-connection settings and change from a manual proxy setting to connect direct to internet. If I dont change and try to search I get an error "404 File ...

  1. anonymizer

    Hi,
    Each time I open Mozilla Firefox I have to go to tools-options-connection
    settings and change from a manual proxy setting to connect direct to
    internet. If I dont change and try to search I get an error "404 File Not
    Found" message suggesting I search through something they offer. Each time I
    reopen Firefox it has reset back to the manual proxy. How can I make this
    change to direct connection permanent.
    Thanks

  2. Re: anonymizer

    On 22.06.2006 10:26 am, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Ian to
    generate the following:? :

    >Hi,
    >Each time I open Mozilla Firefox I have to go to tools-options-connection
    >settings and change from a manual proxy setting to connect direct to
    >internet. If I dont change and try to search I get an error "404 File Not
    >Found" message suggesting I search through something they offer. Each time I
    >reopen Firefox it has reset back to the manual proxy. How can I make this
    >change to direct connection permanent.
    >Thanks

    try your Windoze settings!!

    Control panel>>Internet Options>>Connections below-right of the
    Protocol field (in mine, it says "DSL-Standard) click the Settings
    button (or whatever yours is called)
    in the new window that opens, UN-tick the three [ ] boxes!

    may help, may not!

    reg

  3. Re: anonymizer

    Under windows xp control panel, internet options, connections the only
    buttons I have are setup, add (to add a dial up) I have a settings button
    they is greyed out for choose settings to configure a proxy, and the last is
    Lan settings. I cannot see protocol or anything similar to untick three
    boxes.
    Ian
    "squaredancer" wrote in message
    news:caqdndsHsMA_7gfZnZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > On 22.06.2006 10:26 am, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Ian to
    > generate the following:? :
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>Each time I open Mozilla Firefox I have to go to tools-options-connection
    >>settings and change from a manual proxy setting to connect direct to
    >>internet. If I dont change and try to search I get an error "404 File Not
    >>Found" message suggesting I search through something they offer. Each time
    >>I reopen Firefox it has reset back to the manual proxy. How can I make
    >>this change to direct connection permanent.
    >>Thanks
    >>

    > try your Windoze settings!!
    >
    > Control panel>>Internet Options>>Connections below-right of the Protocol
    > field (in mine, it says "DSL-Standard) click the Settings button (or
    > whatever yours is called)
    > in the new window that opens, UN-tick the three [ ] boxes!
    >
    > may help, may not!
    >
    > reg

  4. Re: anonymizer

    On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 17:56:39 +0930, Ian wrote in message
    MOdnTMjdqpiyQfZnZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@mozilla.org>:

    > Hi,
    > Each time I open Mozilla Firefox I have to go to tools-options-connection
    > settings and change from a manual proxy setting to connect direct to
    > internet. If I dont change and try to search I get an error "404 File Not
    > Found" message suggesting I search through something they offer. Each time I
    > reopen Firefox it has reset back to the manual proxy. How can I make this
    > change to direct connection permanent.
    > Thanks

    Check if you have any settings in user.js
    If so then remove them.
    about:config -> network.proxy.type -> 0 (no proxy)

    See e.g.:

    And for more:

  5. Re: anonymizer

    On 24.06.2006 02:44 am, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Ian to
    generate the following:? :

    >Under windows xp control panel, internet options, connections the only
    >buttons I have are setup, add (to add a dial up) I have a settings button
    >they is greyed out for choose settings to configure a proxy, and the last is
    >Lan settings. I cannot see protocol or anything similar to untick three
    >boxes.
    >Ian
    >"squaredancer" wrote in message
    >news:caqdndsHsMA_7gfZnZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >

    >>On 22.06.2006 10:26 am, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Ian to
    >>generate the following:? :
    >>

    >>>Hi,
    >>>Each time I open Mozilla Firefox I have to go to tools-options-connection
    >>>settings and change from a manual proxy setting to connect direct to
    >>>internet. If I dont change and try to search I get an error "404 File Not
    >>>Found" message suggesting I search through something they offer. Each time
    >>>I reopen Firefox it has reset back to the manual proxy. How can I make
    >>>this change to direct connection permanent.
    >>>Thanks
    >>>

    >>try your Windoze settings!!
    >>
    >>Control panel>>Internet Options>>Connections below-right of the Protocol
    >>field (in mine, it says "DSL-Standard) click the Settings button (or
    >>whatever yours is called)
    >>in the new window that opens, UN-tick the three [ ] boxes!
    >>
    >>may help, may not!
    >>
    >>reg

    sorry - no answer to that one... seems, your setup is much different
    from mine!

    reg

+ Reply to Thread