(Memory) Leak Monitor Extension - Mozilla

This is a discussion on (Memory) Leak Monitor Extension - Mozilla ; I just noticed that someone has made a Leak Monitor Extension to catch memory leaks. This should be good news for all of those who think that Firefox is leaking memory. http://dbaron.org/mozilla/leak-monitor/...

  1. (Memory) Leak Monitor Extension

    I just noticed that someone has made a Leak Monitor Extension to catch
    memory leaks. This should be good news for all of those who think that
    Firefox is leaking memory.

    http://dbaron.org/mozilla/leak-monitor/

  2. Re: (Memory) Leak Monitor Extension

    On 15.06.2006 09:24 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Aggro to
    generate the following:? :

    > I just noticed that someone has made a Leak Monitor Extension to catch
    > memory leaks. This should be good news for all of those who think that
    > Firefox is leaking memory.
    >
    > http://dbaron.org/mozilla/leak-monitor/

    *lol* will cause a *LOT* of heartaches to those who are already paranoic
    about leakages.... :-P

    reg

  3. Re: (Memory) Leak Monitor Extension

    squaredancer wrote:

    >On 15.06.2006 09:24 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Aggro to
    >generate the following:? :
    >
    >> I just noticed that someone has made a Leak Monitor Extension to catch
    >> memory leaks. This should be good news for all of those who think that
    >> Firefox is leaking memory.
    >>
    >> http://dbaron.org/mozilla/leak-monitor/

    >*lol* will cause a *LOT* of heartaches to those who are already paranoic
    >about leakages.... :-P

    FF leaks. There is no 'think' or 'paranoia' about it.

  4. Re: (Memory) Leak Monitor Extension

    jo wrote:

    > FF leaks. There is no 'think' or 'paranoia' about it.

    I've been testing this extension for a while now and I have seen only
    leaks from extensions. phpbb user hide seems to leak pretty much always
    when hiding users. And some extensions also leak when opening the
    extensions dialog and goofing around with it.

    But this extension actually looks pretty good when compared to anything
    I've tested before. It will alert you almost instantly when memory is
    leaked, instead of waiting untill the browser is closed. This makes it
    much easier to figure out where the problem is. It also shows you the
    javascript code and filenames that help you pinpoint the problem,
    instead of just showing that memory was leaked.

    The point of this extension is to locate the leaks to get them fixed.

  5. Re: (Memory) Leak Monitor Extension

    jo wrote:
    > squaredancer wrote:
    >
    >> On 15.06.2006 09:24 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Aggro to
    >> generate the following:? :
    >>
    >>> I just noticed that someone has made a Leak Monitor Extension to catch
    >>> memory leaks. This should be good news for all of those who think that
    >>> Firefox is leaking memory.
    >>>
    >>> http://dbaron.org/mozilla/leak-monitor/

    >> *lol* will cause a *LOT* of heartaches to those who are already paranoic
    >> about leakages.... :-P

    > FF leaks. There is no 'think' or 'paranoia' about it.

    I don't know, if my FF quites or chokes up my machine, What am I going
    to do?

  6. Re: (Memory) Leak Monitor Extension

    Aggro wrote:
    --snipped
    > This makes it
    > much easier to figure out where the problem is. It also shows you the
    > javascript code and filenames that help you pinpoint the problem,
    > instead of just showing that memory was leaked.
    >
    > The point of this extension is to locate the leaks to get them fixed.

    Yeah, mine leaks memory out through the monitor. I can tell by the
    little piles of pixels that accumulate under the monitor. Makes me
    sneeze -- I'm allergic to pixel dust. Haven't figured yet how to plug
    the leaks.

+ Reply to Thread