firefox hangs after running for awhile - old problem - Mozilla

This is a discussion on firefox hangs after running for awhile - old problem - Mozilla ; Hi, I've had this problem for some time now where firefox completely hangs after a period of time running. Usually I just force firefox to close and then restart it. But this is some phantom hang, which sometimes will move ...

  1. firefox hangs after running for awhile - old problem

    Hi, I've had this problem for some time now where firefox completely
    hangs after a period of time running. Usually I just force firefox to
    close and then restart it. But this is some phantom hang, which
    sometimes will move over to explorer or to process explorer (which I
    use to monitor process activity and to close firefox). FWIW I've got
    the threads listed below:

    firefox problem threads:
    firefox.exe!jpeg_fdct_islow+0x247bd

    other firefox threads:
    msvcrt.dll!endthreadex+0x3a - 5 threads
    kernel32.dll!createthread+ox3a
    wdmaud.drv!midmessage+0x306
    winmm.dll!timegetsystemtime

    explorer problem threads, either of:
    explorer.exe+0x1e24e
    SHLWAPI.dll!Ordinal505+0x37a

    process explorer - can't find the threads, this is the app I use for
    this.

    This has been happening for awhile now. All my extensions are updated
    and firefox is the latest version (it's happened over a couple of
    upgrades).
    extensions where the problem was already occuring:
    all-in-one sidebar
    flashgot
    chatzilla
    forecastfox
    google toolbar
    mouse gestures
    scrapbook
    tabmixplus
    web developer

    FWIW, extensions that I've added recently, but the problem was there
    before anyways:
    del.icio.us
    downthemall
    flat bookmark editing
    google browser sync
    google notebook
    html validator
    pluck
    refspoof
    slashdotter
    stumbleupon
    vidiodownloader
    viewsource chart
    xinha here!

    # of bookmarks 5000+
    keep my download history indefinitely.

    That's all the info I can think of.

    thanks
    Will

  2. Re: firefox hangs after running for awhile - old problem

    Sorry - I just read some material about the standard diagnostics and
    problem extensions.
    Extensions are delt with (except keeping google toolbar) and I cleared
    my download history.
    Did not reset toolbars & controls - hope I don't have to.
    did not yet do step6 or 7.
    I'll post up if the problem persists. But if anyone has any other info,
    please let me know.

    Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread