HELP PLEASE! Bookmark list - Mozilla

This is a discussion on HELP PLEASE! Bookmark list - Mozilla ; Hi Does anyone know where Firefox keeps it's bookmark list so I can copy it and paste it into another version of Firefox on a different machine? Save me typing them all in again :-) Regards Duncan...

  1. HELP PLEASE! Bookmark list

    Hi

    Does anyone know where Firefox keeps it's bookmark list so I can copy it
    and paste it into another version of Firefox on a different machine?
    Save me typing them all in again :-)

    Regards
    Duncan

  2. Re: HELP PLEASE! Bookmark list

    Duncan wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Does anyone know where Firefox keeps it's bookmark list so I can copy it
    > and paste it into another version of Firefox on a different machine?
    > Save me typing them all in again :-)
    >
    > Regards
    > Duncan

    your bookmarks are stored in a file called bookmarks.html. This file
    is located in an area called your profile. To find your profile you
    can read this: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile

    but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx

    However, the best way is to open the bookmarks manager, click on File,
    Export and export the file to where ever you want it. Then on the
    other machine, click on File, Import and import this into the current
    bookmark file.

    --
    Computer Points to Ponder #9: Why do they call it a hard disk if its
    damaged with the slightest impact?

  3. Re: HELP PLEASE! Bookmark list

    gwtc wrote:
    > Duncan wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Does anyone know where Firefox keeps it's bookmark list so I can copy
    >> it and paste it into another version of Firefox on a different
    >> machine? Save me typing them all in again :-)
    >>
    >> Regards
    >> Duncan

    > your bookmarks are stored in a file called bookmarks.html. This file is
    > located in an area called your profile. To find your profile you can
    > read this: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile
    >
    > but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx
    >

    > However, the best way is to open the bookmarks manager, click on File,
    > Export and export the file to where ever you want it. Then on the other
    > machine, click on File, Import and import this into the current bookmark
    > file.

    Sorted :-) Thank You very much

    Regards
    Duncan