Word / FF / Yahoo question - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Word / FF / Yahoo question - Mozilla ; So I find something of interest in a newsgroup (using Netscape 4.8) So I copy / paste the stuff into Word 2000 So I clean it up (that's why I did the C/ P) usually mainly getting rid of all ...

  1. Word / FF / Yahoo question

    So I find something of interest in a newsgroup (using Netscape 4.8)
    So I copy / paste the stuff into Word 2000
    So I clean it up (that's why I did the C/ P) usually mainly getting
    rid of all > stuff
    So now I go to mail the stuff to someone using FF and Yahoo mail.
    So the mail spacing is screwed up! Double spaced and more.
    So I have tried saving (in word) as plain txt then loading and using.
    So I get the same result .

    Anyone have any experience with this behavior?

    TIA

    Lou

  2. Re: Word / FF / Yahoo question

    Lou@its.invalid wrote in news:448C0468.903C32C8@yahoo.com:

    > So I find something of interest in a newsgroup (using Netscape
    > 4.8) So I copy / paste the stuff into Word 2000
    > So I clean it up (that's why I did the C/ P) usually mainly
    > getting rid of all > stuff
    > So now I go to mail the stuff to someone using FF and Yahoo
    > mail. So the mail spacing is screwed up! Double spaced and
    > more. So I have tried saving (in word) as plain txt then
    >
    > Anyone have any experience with this behavior?

    Yeah. Word sucks at plaintext. Use Notepad or Write (also
    bundled into windows)

    --
    Netscape FAQs: http://www.ufaq.org/
    Netscape 6/7 Tips: http://www.holgermetzger.de/net6e.html

    Today is a good day to bribe a high ranking public official.

  3. Re: Word / FF / Yahoo question

    Chris Jahn wrote:

    > Lou@its.invalid wrote in news:448C0468.903C32C8@yahoo.com:
    >
    > > So I find something of interest in a newsgroup (using Netscape
    > > 4.8) So I copy / paste the stuff into Word 2000
    > > So I clean it up (that's why I did the C/ P) usually mainly
    > > getting rid of all > stuff
    > > So now I go to mail the stuff to someone using FF and Yahoo
    > > mail. So the mail spacing is screwed up! Double spaced and
    > > more. So I have tried saving (in word) as plain txt then
    > >
    > > Anyone have any experience with this behavior?
    > >

    > Yeah. Word sucks at plaintext. Use Notepad or Write (also
    > bundled into windows)
    >
    > --
    > Netscape FAQs: http://www.ufaq.org/
    > Netscape 6/7 Tips: http://www.holgermetzger.de/net6e.html
    > Web page validation: http://validator.w3.org
    > About Mozilla: http://www.mozilla.org
    >
    > Today is a good day to bribe a high ranking public official.

    Thank you.

    Lou

  4. Re: Word / FF / Yahoo question

    Lou@its.invalid wrote:
    > Chris Jahn wrote:
    >
    >> Lou@its.invalid wrote in news:448C0468.903C32C8@yahoo.com:
    >>
    >>> So I find something of interest in a newsgroup (using Netscape
    >>> 4.8) So I copy / paste the stuff into Word 2000
    >>> So I clean it up (that's why I did the C/ P) usually mainly
    >>> getting rid of all > stuff
    >>> So now I go to mail the stuff to someone using FF and Yahoo
    >>> mail. So the mail spacing is screwed up! Double spaced and
    >>> more. So I have tried saving (in word) as plain txt then
    >>>
    >>> Anyone have any experience with this behavior?
    >>>

    >> Yeah. Word sucks at plaintext. Use Notepad or Write (also
    >> bundled into windows)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Netscape FAQs: http://www.ufaq.org/
    >> Netscape 6/7 Tips: http://www.holgermetzger.de/net6e.html
    >> Web page validation: http://validator.w3.org
    >> About Mozilla: http://www.mozilla.org
    >>
    >> Today is a good day to bribe a high ranking public official.

    > Thank you.
    >
    > Lou

    Lou, you might want to try the program ClipCache Plus (if yu use
    Windows), a clipboard extender which lets you save and edit items. It
    has options to trim out the > symbols and other things and then paste it
    directly into your desired application (email, Word, etc.). The link is
    www.xrayz.co.uk I've used it for years and it works well and hasn't
    caused any conflicts.

    Regards, Eric

+ Reply to Thread