Can't get Extentions due to "SSL" - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Can't get Extentions due to "SSL" - Mozilla ; Hello I just installed Firefox because I kept getting Trojan.Galapoper on IE. Is this browser gonna protect me from this crap.. I can not get extensons becouse I do not have "SSL" How do I fix this?? Thanks Mark mkrull@earthlink.net ...

  1. Can't get Extentions due to "SSL"

    Hello
    I just installed Firefox because I kept getting Trojan.Galapoper on IE. Is
    this browser gonna protect me from this crap..
    I can not get extensons becouse I do not have "SSL"
    How do I fix this??
    Thanks
    Mark
    mkrull@earthlink.net
    www.mkrull.blogspot.com

  2. Re: Can't get Extentions due to "SSL"

    CAROLYNE CHANDLER-KRULL wrote:

    > Hello
    > I just installed Firefox because I kept getting Trojan.Galapoper on IE. Is
    > this browser gonna protect me from this crap..
    > I can not get extensons becouse I do not have "SSL"
    > How do I fix this??
    > Thanks
    > Mark
    > mkrull@earthlink.net
    > www.mkrull.blogspot.com

    What exactly do you mean you cant get extensions because you dont have SSL?
    Secure Sockets Layer is built in to Firefox (and every other browser I am
    aware of).
    Whats the EXACT text of the error message you get when you try to install an
    exntension? Which extension are you trying to get?

  3. Re: Can't get Extentions due to "SSL"

    CAROLYNE CHANDLER-KRULL wrote:
    > Hello
    > I just installed Firefox because I kept getting Trojan.Galapoper on IE. Is
    > this browser gonna protect me from this crap..
    > I can not get extensons becouse I do not have "SSL"
    > How do I fix this??
    > Thanks
    > Mark
    > mkrull@earthlink.net
    > www.mkrull.blogspot.com

    Type about:config in the location bar and hit Enter.
    Type xpinstall.enabled in the filter bar. Double click the entry to set
    it to "true"

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    *Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

    Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
    Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

+ Reply to Thread