Clearing Browser Cache? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Clearing Browser Cache? - Mozilla ; I am trying to download a software upgrade but all I am getting is the old version...I have been told to "clear the Browser Cache" ......I looked up Google and it said go ...Options/Privacy/Clear.......I have done this .... I thought ...

  1. Clearing Browser Cache?

    I am trying to download a software upgrade but all I am getting is the old
    version...I have been told to "clear the Browser Cache" ......I looked up
    Google and it said go ...Options/Privacy/Clear.......I have done this .... I
    thought this would clear my Tempory Internet Files but nothing has
    changed....
    What should I do here ...Any help gratefully received..Thanks mk

  2. Re: Clearing Browser Cache?

    hairy_egg wrote:
    > I am trying to download a software upgrade but all I am getting is the old
    > version...I have been told to "clear the Browser Cache" ......I looked up
    > Google and it said go ...Options/Privacy/Clear.......I have done this .... I
    > thought this would clear my Tempory Internet Files but nothing has
    > changed....
    > What should I do here ...Any help gratefully received..Thanks mk

    Temporary Internet Files is Internet Explorer's cache. Firefox cache is
    in your profile. You might want to enable clearing of history, cache,
    etc. with the Clear Private Data tool in the Privacy tab. You can
    select what you want removed and have it done on closing Firefox, if you
    are using version 1.5 or later. If you want to clear both Firefox's and
    IE's caches at the same time, it is possible to do that with Crap Cleaner.

  3. Re: Clearing Browser Cache?

    On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 16:04:00 +1200, in message ,
    hairy_egg wrote:

    > I am trying to download a software upgrade but all I am getting is the old
    > version...I have been told to "clear the Browser Cache" ......I looked up
    > Google and it said go ...Options/Privacy/Clear.......I have done this .... I
    > thought this would clear my Tempory Internet Files but nothing has
    > changed....

    "Temporary Internet Files" is the IE cache.

    To see the Firefox cache, enter this in Firefox's URL bar

    about:cache?device=disk

    Go there to see whether the Firefox cache has been cleared.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    "Curiosity skilled the cat."

  4. Re: Clearing Browser Cache?

    "hairy_egg" wrote in
    :

    > I am trying to download a software upgrade but all I am getting
    > is the old version...I have been told to "clear the Browser Cache"
    > ......I looked up Google and it said go
    > ...Options/Privacy/Clear.......I have done this .... I thought
    > this would clear my Tempory Internet Files but nothing has
    > changed....

    It's possible your ISP uses a transparent proxy, in which case you
    might be getting the file from the ISP's cache.

    It may or may not work to append a question mark and arbitrary string
    to fool the proxy into thinking you are looking for a file it doesn't
    have a copy of. E.g., change www.example.com/file.ext to
    www.example.com/file.ext?foo.