File wants to download from server - Mozilla

This is a discussion on File wants to download from server - Mozilla ; Hi guys and gals, I have a weird problem with the current Firefox. Everytime I go to my home page which happens to be MSN I get a download box open up and it wants to download "ADSAdClient31.dll" and it ...

  1. File wants to download from server

    Hi guys and gals,

    I have a weird problem with the current Firefox. Everytime I go to my home
    page which happens to be MSN I get a download box open up and it wants to
    download "ADSAdClient31.dll" and it is coming from http://rad.msn.com and it
    pops up at every home page load with Firefox. What do I need to do to make
    this annoying .dll file go away? Should I download it to a specific location
    as just downloading it does nothing- yes I already tried just downloading it
    but it still comes up. I wrote to MSN support but they said it had something
    to do with Firefox and to send a letter over here. Any help would be
    appreciated. Thank you.

  2. Re: File wants to download from server

    Joedy Ussery wrote:
    > Hi guys and gals,
    >
    > I have a weird problem with the current Firefox. Everytime I go to my home
    > page which happens to be MSN I get a download box open up and it wants to
    > download "ADSAdClient31.dll" and it is coming from http://rad.msn.com and it
    > pops up at every home page load with Firefox. What do I need to do to make
    > this annoying .dll file go away? Should I download it to a specific location
    > as just downloading it does nothing- yes I already tried just downloading it
    > but it still comes up. I wrote to MSN support but they said it had something
    > to do with Firefox and to send a letter over here. Any help would be
    > appreciated. Thank you.

    Have you blocked popups in Firefox (Tools - Options - Content)?

  3. Re: File wants to download from server

    On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 18:53:51 -0700, in message <-5qdnXH1V6PquxfZnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@mozilla.org>,
    Joedy Ussery wrote:

    > Hi guys and gals,
    >
    > I have a weird problem with the current Firefox. Everytime I go to my home
    > page which happens to be MSN I get a download box open up and it wants to
    > download "ADSAdClient31.dll" and it is coming from http://rad.msn.com and it
    > pops up at every home page load with Firefox. What do I need to do to make
    > this annoying .dll file go away? Should I download it to a specific location
    > as just downloading it does nothing- yes I already tried just downloading it
    > but it still comes up. I wrote to MSN support but they said it had something
    > to do with Firefox and to send a letter over here. Any help would be
    > appreciated. Thank you.

    A. Are you sitting behind a web proxy? I suspect it is a problem with
    the web proxy.

    B. The page does try to load a couple of URLs using "ADSAdClient31.dll"
    like the following

    http://rad.msn.com/ADSAdClient31.dll...MSNREC&AP=1402
    http://rad.msn.com/ADSAdClient31.dll...UR&ap=1402&ID=

    The server runs the DLL on the server to produce HTML output[*],
    and sends the HTML back to the browser.

    I suspect that your web proxy is misconfigured, and tells Firefox
    to save this HTML output as "ADSAdClient31.dll".

    C. Have you tried using Notepad to look inside the downloaded file?
    You should be able to see whether it is HTML output or a DLL.

    A DLL begins with "MZ" or "ZM" and has lots of binary data.

    HTML output will have HTML tags like "" and "".

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    "Curiosity skilled the cat."

  4. Re: File wants to download from server

    Joedy Ussery wrote:

    > Hi guys and gals,
    >
    > I have a weird problem with the current Firefox. Everytime I go to my home
    > page which happens to be MSN I get a download box open up and it wants to
    > download "ADSAdClient31.dll" and it is coming from http://rad.msn.com and it
    > pops up at every home page load with Firefox. What do I need to do to make
    > this annoying .dll file go away? Should I download it to a specific location
    > as just downloading it does nothing- yes I already tried just downloading it
    > but it still comes up. I wrote to MSN support but they said it had something
    > to do with Firefox and to send a letter over here. Any help would be
    > appreciated. Thank you.

    MSN works better with IE. After all its all in the family.

    --
    Computer Points to Ponder #4: How do you press F1 when your PC has a
    keyboard error or no keyboard present?

+ Reply to Thread