Does Firefox have security encryption like the 128Bit in IE? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Does Firefox have security encryption like the 128Bit in IE? - Mozilla ; Can anyone tell me if Firefox has any security encryption like the 128bit encryption that comes with IE? Just how secure is Firefox? Thanks for any information. Ron...

  1. Does Firefox have security encryption like the 128Bit in IE?

    Can anyone tell me if Firefox has any security encryption like the 128bit
    encryption that comes with IE? Just how secure is Firefox? Thanks for any
    information. Ron

  2. Re: Does Firefox have security encryption like the 128Bit in IE?

    ron wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me if Firefox has any security encryption like the 128bit
    > encryption that comes with IE? Just how secure is Firefox? Thanks for any
    > information. Ron

    Yes, Firefox has 128bit security encryption just like that in IE. Firefox is
    more secure than IE due to a lack of security exploits and because of
    adherence to standards.

  3. Re: Does Firefox have security encryption like the 128Bit in IE?

    ron wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me if Firefox has any security encryption like the 128bit
    > encryption that comes with IE?

    Yes, Firefox has support for 128 bit encryption. 256 bit also if you
    happen to find a website that supports it. Does IE support 256 bit
    encryption?

    More info:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Encryption

  4. Re: Does Firefox have security encryption like the 128Bit in IE?

    On 09.06.2006 09:12 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Aggro to
    generate the following:? :

    > ron wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone tell me if Firefox has any security encryption like the
    >> 128bit
    >> encryption that comes with IE?

    > Yes, Firefox has support for 128 bit encryption. 256 bit also if you
    > happen to find a website that supports it. Does IE support 256 bit
    > encryption?
    >
    > More info:
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Encryption

    Bill (yes! *that* Bill) asked "How many more than 128 is 256??" :-[

    reg

  5. Re: Does Firefox have security encryption like the 128Bit in IE?

    On 09/06/06 19:41, MC (temp) Dan [no email] Scribbled:

    > ron wrote:
    >> Can anyone tell me if Firefox has any security encryption like the 128bit
    >> encryption that comes with IE? Just how secure is Firefox? Thanks for any
    >> information. Ron

    > Yes, Firefox has 128bit security encryption just like that in IE. Firefox is
    > more secure than IE due to a lack of security exploits and because of
    > adherence to standards.

    A bit OT but adherence to standards doesn't really help in regards
    to security. Unless of course the standards relate directly to
    security protocols .

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    Kieren aka JediFans -

  6. Re: Does Firefox have security encryption like the 128Bit in IE?

    On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 12:43:00 -0400, in message ,
    ron wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me if Firefox has any security encryption like the 128bit
    > encryption that comes with IE? Just how secure is Firefox? Thanks for any
    > information. Ron

    Yes it does.

    If you already have Firefox, then you can check its security
    encryption strength at this site:

    https://www.fortify.net/sslcheck.html

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    "Curiosity skilled the cat."

  7. Re: Does Firefox have security encryption like the 128Bit in IE?

    squaredancer wrote:

    > On 09.06.2006 09:12 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Aggro to
    > generate the following:? :
    >
    >> ron wrote:
    >>
    >>> Can anyone tell me if Firefox has any security encryption like the
    >>> 128bit
    >>> encryption that comes with IE?

    >> Yes, Firefox has support for 128 bit encryption. 256 bit also if you
    >> happen to find a website that supports it. Does IE support 256 bit
    >> encryption?
    >>
    >> More info:
    >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Encryption

    > Bill (yes! *that* Bill) asked "How many more than 128 is 256??" :-[

    One! 8 (2^8) minus 7 (2^7) equals one.

    Ron :-P

+ Reply to Thread