castup streaming media - Mozilla

This is a discussion on castup streaming media - Mozilla ; Until now I used a Win98 computer and a WIn2000 computer. I use Firefox. I just got a computer with WinXP. Castup streaming media will not play sound using Firefox on WinXp machine. Only IE works. It works on my ...

  1. castup streaming media

    Until now I used a Win98 computer and a WIn2000 computer. I use Firefox.
    I just got a computer with WinXP.

    Castup streaming media will not play sound using Firefox on WinXp
    machine. Only IE works.
    It works on my Win98 and Win2000 machines using Firefox.

    Sample site:

    www.memritv.org/Search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=1050

    I've tried other sites as well with the same result.

  2. Re: castup streaming media

    Mike wrote:
    > Until now I used a Win98 computer and a WIn2000 computer. I use Firefox.
    > I just got a computer with WinXP.
    >
    > Castup streaming media will not play sound using Firefox on WinXp
    > machine. Only IE works.
    > It works on my Win98 and Win2000 machines using Firefox.
    >
    > Sample site:
    >
    > www.memritv.org/Search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=1050
    >
    > I've tried other sites as well with the same result.

    1. What version of Windows Media Player do you have installed? You can
    download version 10: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows.html#WMP

    2. Check your Windows Media Player installation;
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...06213#CheckWMP

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    *Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

    Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
    Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

  3. Re: castup streaming media

    Thanks.

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > Mike wrote:
    >> Until now I used a Win98 computer and a WIn2000 computer. I use Firefox.
    >> I just got a computer with WinXP.
    >>
    >> Castup streaming media will not play sound using Firefox on WinXp
    >> machine. Only IE works.
    >> It works on my Win98 and Win2000 machines using Firefox.
    >>
    >> Sample site:
    >>
    >> www.memritv.org/Search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=1050
    >>
    >> I've tried other sites as well with the same result.

    > 1. What version of Windows Media Player do you have installed? You can
    > download version 10: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows.html#WMP
    >
    > 2. Check your Windows Media Player installation;
    > http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...06213#CheckWMP

  4. Re: castup streaming media

    Mike typed the following on 6/8/2006 10:24 PM:
    > Until now I used a Win98 computer and a WIn2000 computer. I use Firefox.
    > I just got a computer with WinXP.
    >
    > Castup streaming media will not play sound using Firefox on WinXp
    > machine. Only IE works.
    > It works on my Win98 and Win2000 machines using Firefox.
    >
    > Sample site:
    >
    > www.memritv.org/Search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=1050

    ??? Works for me. Win XP SP2, FF 1.5.0.4.

    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    "Only a mediocre person is always at his best."
    -- W. Somerset Maugham

  5. Re: castup streaming media

    It was some bug in WIndows Media Player, but when I upgraded to Version
    11 beta as per Irwin Greenwald's suggestion, it cleared up.

    Pete Holsberg wrote:
    > Mike typed the following on 6/8/2006 10:24 PM:
    >> Until now I used a Win98 computer and a WIn2000 computer. I use Firefox.
    >> I just got a computer with WinXP.
    >>
    >> Castup streaming media will not play sound using Firefox on WinXp
    >> machine. Only IE works.
    >> It works on my Win98 and Win2000 machines using Firefox.
    >>
    >> Sample site:
    >>
    >> www.memritv.org/Search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=1050

    > ??? Works for me. Win XP SP2, FF 1.5.0.4.

  6. Re: castup streaming media

    Mike typed the following on 6/9/2006 6:11 PM:
    > It was some bug in WIndows Media Player, but when I upgraded to Version
    > 11 beta as per Irwin Greenwald's suggestion, it cleared up.
    >
    > Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >> Mike typed the following on 6/8/2006 10:24 PM:
    >>> Until now I used a Win98 computer and a WIn2000 computer. I use Firefox.
    >>> I just got a computer with WinXP.
    >>>
    >>> Castup streaming media will not play sound using Firefox on WinXp
    >>> machine. Only IE works.
    >>> It works on my Win98 and Win2000 machines using Firefox.
    >>>
    >>> Sample site:
    >>>
    >>> www.memritv.org/Search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=1050

    >> ??? Works for me. Win XP SP2, FF 1.5.0.4.

    I'm running v10.0

    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    "There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate."
    --Charles Dickens

+ Reply to Thread