Keyword Question - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Keyword Question - Mozilla ; I know that you can assign keywords to bookmarks but I can type almost anything into the URL and a web site will come up. Where are these coming from? -- Dennis M. Marks Disclaimer: The above is my opinion. ...

  1. Keyword Question

    --
    Dennis M. Marks

    Disclaimer: The above is my opinion. I do not guarantee it. Be sure to
    back up any files involved and use at your own risk. Batteries not
    included. Not for internal use. Don't run with knives.

  2. Re: Keyword Question

    Dennis Marks wrote:

    > I know that you can assign keywords to bookmarks but I can type almost
    > anything into the URL and a web site will come up. Where are these
    > coming from?

    in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:

    keyword.URL

    --
    Computer Points to Ponder #2: How come programmers find it so easy to
    master the special language that runs computers, yet those same folks

  3. Re: Keyword Question

    On 6/8/2006 5:40 PM, gwtc wrote the following and I, Dennis Marks, have
    replied at the bottom:
    > Dennis Marks wrote:
    >
    >> I know that you can assign keywords to bookmarks but I can type almost
    >> anything into the URL and a web site will come up. Where are these
    >> coming from?
    >>

    > in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:
    >
    > keyword.URL

    Thanks. Interesting. It's just the first item Google finds.

    --
    Dennis M. Marks

    Disclaimer: The above is my opinion. I do not guarantee it. Be sure to
    back up any files involved and use at your own risk. Batteries not
    included. Not for internal use. Don't run with knives.

  4. Re: Keyword Question

    _Dennis Marks_ spoke thusly on 08/06/2006 8:35 PM:
    > I know that you can assign keywords to bookmarks but I can type almost
    > anything into the URL and a web site will come up. Where are these
    > coming from?

    If the word you enter is not a keyword for one of your bookmarks,
    Firefox will do a Google "I'm Feeling Lucky" search on the word. What
    that means is, it will do a Google search, and take you to the top result.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator