Firefox won't open outlook express links - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox won't open outlook express links - Mozilla ; Yes, I know, you're going to tell me to switch to thunderbird, but no, I will not. But maybe someone knows why whenever I click on a link in outlook it just opens my documents... Anyone know the issue? Thanks ...

  1. Firefox won't open outlook express links

    Yes, I know, you're going to tell me to switch to thunderbird, but no, I
    will not.
    But maybe someone knows why whenever I click on a link in outlook it just
    opens my documents...
    Anyone know the issue?
    Thanks
    Josh

  2. Re: Firefox won't open outlook express links

    Josh Merritt wrote:
    > Yes, I know, you're going to tell me to switch to thunderbird, but no, I
    > will not.
    > But maybe someone knows why whenever I click on a link in outlook it just
    > opens my documents...
    > Anyone know the issue?

    Firefox is not getting the link. Something is blocking it, or Outlook
    just has lost it.

    IE 7.0 beta has caused problems with Outlook -> Firefox links.
    Uninstalling it has fixed the problem sometimes.

    Another person had similar problem and the solution was: "I finally
    found the problem, it was caused by a popup blocker from McAffee".

    You can also try to seek for other solutions:
    http://groups.google.fi/groups?lnk=h...y+documents%22

  3. Re: Firefox won't open outlook express links

    "Aggro" wrote in message
    news:YvWdncR82PCYEBXZnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Josh Merritt wrote:
    >> Yes, I know, you're going to tell me to switch to thunderbird, but no, I
    >> will not.
    >> But maybe someone knows why whenever I click on a link in outlook it just
    >> opens my documents...
    >> Anyone know the issue?

    > Firefox is not getting the link. Something is blocking it, or Outlook just
    > has lost it.
    >
    > IE 7.0 beta has caused problems with Outlook -> Firefox links.
    > Uninstalling it has fixed the problem sometimes.
    >
    > Another person had similar problem and the solution was: "I finally found
    > the problem, it was caused by a popup blocker from McAffee".
    >
    > You can also try to seek for other solutions:
    > http://groups.google.fi/groups?lnk=h...y+documents%22

    Ah HA! Figures IE Beta was the problem.
    Thanks for the help, the links work perfectly now.

  4. Re: Firefox won't open outlook express links

    Josh Merritt wrote:
    > Yes, I know, you're going to tell me to switch to thunderbird, but no, I
    > will not.
    > But maybe someone knows why whenever I click on a link in outlook it just
    > opens my documents...
    > Anyone know the issue?
    > Thanks
    > Josh

    Josh,
    If you want to continue using the least secure mail/news program
    available, that's your concern. Perhaps you should address your
    question to someone in that program's support group....

  5. Re: Firefox won't open outlook express links

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Josh Merritt wrote:
    >> Yes, I know, you're going to tell me to switch to thunderbird, but no,
    >> I will not.
    >> But maybe someone knows why whenever I click on a link in outlook it
    >> just opens my documents...
    >> Anyone know the issue?
    >> Thanks
    >> Josh
    >>

    > Josh,
    > If you want to continue using the least secure mail/news program
    > available, that's your concern. Perhaps you should address your
    > question to someone in that program's support group....

    Except there program support groups are really a bunch of amatuers!

    --
    Yours,
    PeterInMinnesotaaaah!

+ Reply to Thread