Firefox as default browser - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox as default browser - Mozilla ; With Firefox as my default browser (and it is for more than a year and a half)now (with the config windows sp2, IExplorer 7 installed and yahooMessenger! 7.5 beta (the last one)) my yahoomess links are not opening (the ones ...

  1. Firefox as default browser

    With Firefox as my default browser (and it is for more than a
    year and a half)now (with the config windows sp2, IExplorer 7 installed
    and yahooMessenger! 7.5 beta (the last one)) my yahoomess links are not
    opening (the ones that my friends or I are sanding to each other). It
    just opens a windows explorer window to my user profile (windows user
    profile). Very strange!
    If I change back to IExplorer as default it works normally.
    I see that the http, https and ftp classes are registered with firefox
    with the command argument -url.
    If u have any idea...

    Peace out!

    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Trimis mesaj curat.
    Baza de date virusi (VPS): 0623-1, 06/06/2006
    Testat in: 08/06/2006 7.38.16

  2. Re: Firefox as default browser

    nick wrote in
    :

    > With Firefox as my default browser (and it is for more
    > than a year and a half)now (with the config windows sp2, IExplorer
    > 7 installed and yahooMessenger! 7.5 beta (the last one)) my
    > yahoomess links are not opening (the ones that my friends or I are
    > sanding to each other). It just opens a windows explorer window to
    > my user profile (windows user profile). Very strange!

    This is a known issue with with the IE betas. Uninstalling it
    should fix it for you.

  3. Re: Firefox as default browser

    nick a bgat versurile::
    > With Firefox as my default browser (and it is for more than a
    > year and a half)now (with the config windows sp2, IExplorer 7 installed
    > and yahooMessenger! 7.5 beta (the last one)) my yahoomess links are not
    > opening (the ones that my friends or I are sanding to each other). It
    > just opens a windows explorer window to my user profile (windows user
    > profile). Very strange!
    > If I change back to IExplorer as default it works normally.
    > I see that the http, https and ftp classes are registered with firefox
    > with the command argument -url.
    > If u have any idea...
    >
    > Peace out!
    >

    > ---
    > avast! Antivirus: Trimis mesaj curat.
    > Baza de date virusi (VPS): 0623-1, 06/06/2006
    > Testat in: 08/06/2006 7.38.16
    >

    > ---
    > avast! Antivirus: Primit mesaj curat.
    > Baza de date virusi (VPS): 0623-1, 06/06/2006
    > Testat in: 08/06/2006 8.30.32

    This is very strange!
    According Sysinternals's Regmon there is a differences of more than
    600 queries of YahooMessenger between Iexplorer and Firefox as default
    browser.
    So, sorry for posting here! This has nothing to do with firefox.

    Peace out!

    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Trimis mesaj curat.
    Baza de date virusi (VPS): 0623-1, 06/06/2006
    Testat in: 08/06/2006 8.35.25

  4. Re: Firefox as default browser

    »Q« a băgat versurile::
    > nick wrote in
    > :
    >
    >> With Firefox as my default browser (and it is for more
    >> than a year and a half)now (with the config windows sp2, IExplorer
    >> 7 installed and yahooMessenger! 7.5 beta (the last one)) my
    >> yahoomess links are not opening (the ones that my friends or I are
    >> sanding to each other). It just opens a windows explorer window to
    >> my user profile (windows user profile). Very strange!

    > This is a known issue with with the IE betas. Uninstalling it
    > should fix it for you.

    So, IExplore is screwing all up?
    Wow, IE is out of here!

    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Trimis mesaj curat.
    Baza de date virusi (VPS): 0623-1, 06/06/2006
    Testat in: 08/06/2006 9.46.57

  5. Re: Firefox as default browser

    _nick_ spoke thusly on 08/06/2006 3:46 AM:
    > »Q« a băgat versurile::
    >
    >> This is a known issue with with the IE betas. Uninstalling it
    >> should fix it for you.

    > So, IExplore is screwing all up?
    > Wow, IE is out of here!

    The current betas of IE7, yes. If you go back to IE6, you shouldn't have
    that problem.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator