Viewing Alt - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Viewing Alt - Mozilla ; Can I set Firefox so I can view the "Alt" notes for an image? I need this when programming a website. Thanks - John...

  1. Viewing Alt

    Can I set Firefox so I can view the "Alt" notes for an image? I need this
    when programming a website. Thanks - John

  2. Re: Viewing Alt

    _John_ spoke thusly on 07/06/2006 10:03 PM:
    > Can I set Firefox so I can view the "Alt" notes for an image? I need this
    > when programming a website. Thanks - John

    According to W3C, the alt attribute is, "For user agents that cannot
    display images, forms, or applets, this attribute specifies alternate
    text."[1]

    If you're a web developer looking for alt text to be displayed as a
    tooltip on images, stop looking. That's what the title attribute[2] is for.

    If you're a user that would like alt text to show as a tooltip, you can
    install the Popup ALT Attributes extension.[3]

    [1]
    [2]
    [3]
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  3. Re: Viewing Alt

    John wrote:
    > Can I set Firefox so I can view the "Alt" notes for an image? I need this
    > when programming a website. Thanks - John

    I'd recommend the Web Developer toolbar extension. It does a /lot/ more
    than just allowing display of the alt attribute, and I find it very useful.

    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/60/

  4. Re: Viewing Alt

    On 6/8/2006 7:38 AM Pacific Time, Ed Hazell wrote thusly:
    > John wrote:
    >> Can I set Firefox so I can view the "Alt" notes for an image? I need
    >> this when programming a website. Thanks - John
    >>

    > I'd recommend the Web Developer toolbar extension. It does a /lot/ more
    > than just allowing display of the alt attribute, and I find it very useful.
    >
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/60/

    There is also an extension called "Popup Alt Attribute" that will
    display the ALT tags if that's all you want.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1933/

    Barbara

+ Reply to Thread