NO Video with 1.5.0.4! - Mozilla

This is a discussion on NO Video with 1.5.0.4! - Mozilla ; My computer updated Firefox and now the few videos I used to get won't work at all! Are there any fixes? Where are they? If not, I'll just go back to the last version because this is crap! I like ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

  1. NO Video with 1.5.0.4!

    My computer updated Firefox and now the few videos I used to get won't
    work at all! Are there any fixes? Where are they? If not, I'll just go
    back to the last version because this is crap! I like Firefox but why
    don't they get this stuff right before they call it an upgrade. It's a
    mess!!!!!!!!!

  2. Re: NO Video with 1.5.0.4!

    On 06.06.2006 22:10, FancyOne wrote:

    > My computer updated Firefox and now the few videos I used to get won't
    > work at all! Are there any fixes? Where are they? If not, I'll just go
    > back to the last version because this is crap! I like Firefox but why
    > don't they get this stuff right before they call it an upgrade. It's a
    > mess!!!!!!!!!

    What videos, where ???

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  3. Re: NO Video with 1.5.0.4!

    _FancyOne_ spoke thusly on 06/06/2006 11:10 PM:
    > My computer updated Firefox and now the few videos I used to get won't
    > work at all! Are there any fixes? Where are they? If not, I'll just go
    > back to the last version because this is crap! I like Firefox but why
    > don't they get this stuff right before they call it an upgrade. It's a
    > mess!!!!!!!!!

    I've had no problems with videos in 1.5.0.4. What videos are you having
    trouble with? Post a URL, so we can test.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  4. Re: NO Video with 1.5.0.4!

    Jay Garcia wrote:

    > On 06.06.2006 22:10, FancyOne wrote:

    Some websites have videos that show the weather, news shorts, etc. The
    one I was trying to use was on the Chicago Tribune, their food section.
    It used to work, but after that 1.5.0.4 was download on my computer,
    without my consent, the videos wouldn't work at all!

    I uninstalled that new headache, Firefox 1.5.0.4, found the last
    version, reinstalled 1.5.0.3 & now, things are working as before. Thanks
    for your help. I think I posted the old version I found.

  5. Re: NO Video with 1.5.0.4!

    On 06.06.2006 23:30, FancyOne wrote:

    >>>My computer updated Firefox and now the few videos I used to get won't
    >>>work at all! Are there any fixes? Where are they? If not, I'll just go
    >>>back to the last version because this is crap! I like Firefox but why
    >>>don't they get this stuff right before they call it an upgrade. It's a
    >>>mess!!!!!!!!!

    >> What videos, where ???
    >>

    > Some websites have videos that show the weather, news shorts, etc. The
    > one I was trying to use was on the Chicago Tribune, their food section.
    > It used to work, but after that 1.5.0.4 was download on my computer,
    > without my consent, the videos wouldn't work at all!
    >
    > I uninstalled that new headache, Firefox 1.5.0.4, found the last
    > version, reinstalled 1.5.0.3 & now, things are working as before. Thanks
    > for your help. I think I posted the old version I found.

    I, like Chris said, have no problems with videos. Post a URL where you
    are having this problem so we can check it out.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  6. More ...... Re: NO Video with 1.5.0.4!

    On 06.06.2006 23:30, FancyOne wrote:

    >>>My computer updated Firefox and now the few videos I used to get won't
    >>>work at all! Are there any fixes? Where are they? If not, I'll just go
    >>>back to the last version because this is crap! I like Firefox but why
    >>>don't they get this stuff right before they call it an upgrade. It's a
    >>>mess!!!!!!!!!

    >> What videos, where ???
    >>

    > Some websites have videos that show the weather, news shorts, etc. The
    > one I was trying to use was on the Chicago Tribune, their food section.
    > It used to work, but after that 1.5.0.4 was download on my computer,
    > without my consent, the videos wouldn't work at all!
    >
    > I uninstalled that new headache, Firefox 1.5.0.4, found the last
    > version, reinstalled 1.5.0.3 & now, things are working as before. Thanks
    > for your help. I think I posted the old version I found.

    Interesting that going to the food section and selecting a video to play
    brings up Windows Media Player and it plays just fine. However, the
    interesting part is that once the video plays, it brings you to an error
    page that reads at the top:

    Alert: You are currently using an incompatible browser or an outdated
    version of Windows Media Player to access the video player on this site.
    Please read the troubleshooting tips below for more information.

    This would indicate that it's the web site that is sniffing the browser
    version 1.5.0.4 and is not allowing that version .... yet. This would be
    the reason that 1.5.0.3 works and not .4 ... So, it's NOT the fault of
    FF but rather the site.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  7. Re: NO Video with 1.5.0.4!

    Chris Ilias wrote:

    > _FancyOne_ spoke thusly on 06/06/2006 11:10 PM:
    >
    >> My computer updated Firefox and now the few videos I used to get won't
    >> work at all! Are there any fixes? Where are they? If not, I'll just go
    >> back to the last version because this is crap! I like Firefox but why
    >> don't they get this stuff right before they call it an upgrade. It's a
    >> mess!!!!!!!!!

    > I've had no problems with videos in 1.5.0.4. What videos are you having
    > trouble with? Post a URL, so we can test.

    I'm using Windows XP Pro, SP1, Office XP. You must be one of the lucky
    ones, in which Firefox 1.5.0.4 works for you. It's not working the way
    it did before. I'll try reinstalling the new one later this week, but
    for now, I need to have everything working.

  8. Re: NO Video with 1.5.0.4!

    Chris Ilias wrote:

    > _FancyOne_ spoke thusly on 06/06/2006 11:10 PM:
    >
    >> My computer updated Firefox and now the few videos I used to get won't
    >> work at all! Are there any fixes? Where are they? If not, I'll just go
    >> back to the last version because this is crap! I like Firefox but why
    >> don't they get this stuff right before they call it an upgrade. It's a

    > I've had no problems with videos in 1.5.0.4. What videos are you having
    > trouble with? Post a URL, so we can test.

    I forgot to post the URL

    http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...ck=1&cset=true

  9. Re: NO Video with 1.5.0.4!