download problems - Mozilla

This is a discussion on download problems - Mozilla ; Hello, I have been having problems with downloads on both Mozilla and Firefox (latest releases of both). The hourglass starts and after a few seconds it dissappears. I have had crashes at times where they shutdown completely after a cryptic ...

  1. download problems

    Hello,

    I have been having problems with downloads on both Mozilla and Firefox
    (latest releases of both).

    The hourglass starts and after a few seconds it dissappears. I have had
    crashes at times where they shutdown completely after a cryptic message
    @ a corrupted plugin. Is there a download plugin? Could there be a newer
    funtioning version?

    Thanks for your help

    john

  2. Re: download problems

    Jcremons wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have been having problems with downloads on both Mozilla and Firefox
    > (latest releases of both).
    >
    > The hourglass starts and after a few seconds it dissappears. I have had
    > crashes at times where they shutdown completely after a cryptic message
    > @ a corrupted plugin. Is there a download plugin? Could there be a newer
    > funtioning version?
    >
    > Thanks for your help
    >
    > john

    are you talking about download of files? If so, then open the
    Download Manager [under Tools] and remove the entries there. Retry again.

    Otherwise, what type of downloads are you talking about?

    --
    You know you need a new housekeeper when: She's great with the food
    budget -- but the hamsters are missing and last night's burgers tasted

  3. Re: download problems

    gwtc wrote:
    > Jcremons wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I have been having problems with downloads on both Mozilla and Firefox
    >> (latest releases of both).
    >>
    >> The hourglass starts and after a few seconds it dissappears. I have
    >> had crashes at times where they shutdown completely after a cryptic
    >> message @ a corrupted plugin. Is there a download plugin? Could there
    >> be a newer funtioning version?
    >>
    >> Thanks for your help
    >>
    >> john

    > are you talking about download of files? If so, then open the Download
    > Manager [under Tools] and remove the entries there. Retry again.
    >
    > Otherwise, what type of downloads are you talking about?

    Thenks for your reply.

    I am having problems downloading any files from any website. The system
    just hourglass blinks then returns to the original download screen.

    I hav cleared out the download manager (sveral very old files) with no
    results.

    Thanks,

    john

  4. Re: download problems

    Jcremons wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>Jcremons wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hello,
    >>>
    >>>I have been having problems with downloads on both Mozilla and Firefox
    >>>(latest releases of both).
    >>>
    >>>The hourglass starts and after a few seconds it dissappears. I have
    >>>had crashes at times where they shutdown completely after a cryptic
    >>>message @ a corrupted plugin. Is there a download plugin? Could there
    >>>be a newer funtioning version?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks for your help
    >>>
    >>>john

    >>are you talking about download of files? If so, then open the Download
    >>Manager [under Tools] and remove the entries there. Retry again.
    >>
    >>Otherwise, what type of downloads are you talking about?
    >>

    > Thenks for your reply.
    >
    > I am having problems downloading any files from any website. The system
    > just hourglass blinks then returns to the original download screen.
    >
    > I hav cleared out the download manager (sveral very old files) with no
    > results.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > john

    close the program, and in your profile locate the file downloads.rdf
    and delete it.

    To locate your profile you can read this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile

    but, if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx

    --
    Computer Points to Ponder #1: How come the users can find all the
    computer bugs and not the programmers or analysts?

  5. Re: download problems

    Thanks for the info. For a long time I have had problems at end of each
    download. Firefox starts to work on my hard disk for a 5-10 minutes (As it
    is searching for something), while doing this everything is blocked, except
    the mouse.
    My problem seems to be solved by deleting the file downloads.rdf

    "gwtc" wrote in message
    news:fcudndFpcOalihrZnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Jcremons wrote:
    >
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>>are you talking about download of files? If so, then open the Download
    >>>Manager [under Tools] and remove the entries there. Retry again.
    >>>
    >>>Otherwise, what type of downloads are you talking about?
    >>>

    >> Thenks for your reply.
    >>
    >> I am having problems downloading any files from any website. The system
    >> just hourglass blinks then returns to the original download screen.
    >>
    >> I hav cleared out the download manager (sveral very old files) with no
    >> results.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> john

    > close the program, and in your profile locate the file downloads.rdf and
    > delete it.
    >
    > To locate your profile you can read this:
    > http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile
    >
    > but, if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx
    >
    > --
    > Computer Points to Ponder #1: How come the users can find all the
    > computer bugs and not the programmers or analysts?

+ Reply to Thread