Firefox Bookmarks - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox Bookmarks - Mozilla ; 3/Jun/2006 11:54 Suddenly, my Firefox Bookmarks (Favorites in Windows Explorer) only go from A to C. How can I make them go further? Thank you, Barry Karas...

  1. Firefox Bookmarks

    3/Jun/2006 11:54

    Suddenly, my Firefox Bookmarks (Favorites in Windows Explorer) only go from
    A to C. How can I make them go further?

    Thank you,

    Barry Karas

  2. Re: Firefox Bookmarks

    _Barry Karas_ spoke thusly on 03/06/2006 1:46 PM:
    > Suddenly, my Firefox Bookmarks (Favorites in Windows Explorer) only go from
    > A to C. How can I make them go further?

    Firefox bookmarks are completely separate from Internet Explorer favourites.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  3. Re: Firefox Bookmarks

    I too lost my FireFox Bookmarks... :-(( I hate this expecially, since I
    had done a great deal of work extending my programming URLs as well as
    natural stones & tiles URL... This could easily been prevented by NOT
    bringing an update forth which has not been tested... :-( The latest
    FireFox is slow, does not give me my right-click options, and has
    destroyed all of my bookmarks... :-(( I think this is very ****ty
    behaviour!

    Now, when I finally have the possibility to look into this worthless
    behaviour, I have to conclude that all my recent additions are removed
    by FireFox... Actually: first FireFox removed the last half of my
    bookmarks, and then appareantly deciced to get rid of the other part of
    well... This truly ****ty behaviour has thrown me back at least 2
    weeks... Thank you very much FireFox team for bringing forth this
    rubbish! I'd better stuck to Opera, instead of going with the flow...
    :-( :-(

    I am rather disappointed about this fall back, and I am rather pissed
    off by losing main part of my bookmarks... Please do (Beta)test your
    future releases first!!

    Paul

  4. Re: Firefox Bookmarks

    Herman56 wrote:

    > I too lost my FireFox Bookmarks... :-(( I hate this expecially, since I
    > had done a great deal of work extending my programming URLs as well as
    > natural stones & tiles URL... This could easily been prevented by NOT
    > bringing an update forth which has not been tested... :-( The latest
    > FireFox is slow, does not give me my right-click options, and has
    > destroyed all of my bookmarks... :-(( I think this is very ****ty
    > behaviour!
    >
    > Now, when I finally have the possibility to look into this worthless
    > behaviour, I have to conclude that all my recent additions are removed
    > by FireFox... Actually: first FireFox removed the last half of my
    > bookmarks, and then appareantly deciced to get rid of the other part of
    > well... This truly ****ty behaviour has thrown me back at least 2
    > weeks... Thank you very much FireFox team for bringing forth this
    > rubbish! I'd better stuck to Opera, instead of going with the flow...
    > :-( :-(
    >
    > I am rather disappointed about this fall back, and I am rather pissed
    > off by losing main part of my bookmarks... Please do (Beta)test your
    > future releases first!!
    >
    > Paul

    Thats odd, the update worked for most others. You mean they didnt test for
    your EXACT setup? one of 60 million or so?

    Ever heard of Backing up? You wouldnt have a problem (or at least not as
    large) if you had backed up your work, but then hey I guess you wouldnt be
    able to blame the programmers then would you?

    I guesss I should warn you now then that you should unistall Windows as well,
    because if you dont back up there, you can end up with similar problems doing
    Windows updates too- Gee, you would think its second nature to do backups by
    now, but what the hey, you dont need to, you can simply blame the developers
    I guess. Real BAD program - must be a thousand or so reports of problems from
    the update out of sixty MILLION or so users - wow! a whopping .00001 %
    failure rate! Windows is running an average of 3% failure rate by the way
    (reports of problems after upgrades) - only 10,000 times worse.

  5. Re: Firefox Bookmarks

    Herman56 wrote:

    > I too lost my FireFox Bookmarks... :-(( I hate this expecially, since I
    > had done a great deal of work extending my programming URLs as well as
    > natural stones & tiles URL... This could easily been prevented by NOT
    > bringing an update forth which has not been tested... :-( The latest
    > FireFox is slow, does not give me my right-click options, and has
    > destroyed all of my bookmarks... :-(( I think this is very ****ty
    > behaviour!
    >
    > Now, when I finally have the possibility to look into this worthless
    > behaviour, I have to conclude that all my recent additions are removed
    > by FireFox... Actually: first FireFox removed the last half of my
    > bookmarks, and then appareantly deciced to get rid of the other part of
    > well... This truly ****ty behaviour has thrown me back at least 2
    > weeks... Thank you very much FireFox team for bringing forth this
    > rubbish! I'd better stuck to Opera, instead of going with the flow...
    > :-( :-(
    >
    > I am rather disappointed about this fall back, and I am rather pissed
    > off by losing main part of my bookmarks... Please do (Beta)test your
    > future releases first!!
    >
    > Paul

    I didn't hav a problem, and I don't know why lots are loosing their
    bookmarks. I've never had that problem so I really don't know what
    people are talking about.

    --
    Computer Points to Ponder #4: How do you press F1 when your PC has a
    keyboard error or no keyboard present?

+ Reply to Thread