Selecting status bar info... - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Selecting status bar info... - Mozilla ; In windows, does anyone know of a way to copy a url in the status bar without using a mouse?...

  1. Selecting status bar info...

    In windows, does anyone know of a way to copy a url in the status bar
    without using a mouse?

  2. Re: Selecting status bar info...

    kend wrote:

    > In windows, does anyone know of a way to copy a url in the status bar
    > without using a mouse?

    you can use tabs and shift tab, thats depending where you are on the
    page. And to copy, its ctrl+c

    --
    Interesting Modern Philosophies: Never put both feet in your mouth at
    the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

  3. Re: Selecting status bar info...

    kend wrote:
    > In windows, does anyone know of a way to copy a url in the status bar
    > without using a mouse?

    Hold Ctrl and type "l" then "c" (that's the letter "l", not a numeral "1").

    Ctrl+l will go to the location bar (is that what you meant, rather than
    the status bar, which is at the bottom of the window), and Ctrl+c is the
    usual shortcut for copy.

  4. Re: Selecting status bar info...

    On 05.06.2006 04:33 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Ed Hazell
    to generate the following:? :

    > kend wrote:
    >
    >> In windows, does anyone know of a way to copy a url in the status bar
    >> without using a mouse?
    >>

    > Hold Ctrl and type "l" then "c" (that's the letter "l", not a numeral
    > "1").
    >
    > Ctrl+l will go to the location bar (is that what you meant, rather
    > than the status bar, which is at the bottom of the window), and Ctrl+c
    > is the usual shortcut for copy.

    not sure about that, Ed.... I was thinking along the lines of the OP
    wanting to copy a URL that *shows* in the Status Bar when you hover over
    a link on a website (one that is a descriptive _click here to visit us_
    , but not in the standard form hhtp://www.blabla.com)
    The way to get those URLs would be a RIGHT click on the descriptive link
    and select "Copy Link location"

    reg

  5. Re: Selecting status bar info...

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 05.06.2006 04:33 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Ed Hazell
    > to generate the following:? :
    >
    >> kend wrote:
    >>
    >>> In windows, does anyone know of a way to copy a url in the status bar
    >>> without using a mouse?
    >>>

    >> Hold Ctrl and type "l" then "c" (that's the letter "l", not a numeral
    >> "1").
    >>
    >> Ctrl+l will go to the location bar (is that what you meant, rather
    >> than the status bar, which is at the bottom of the window), and Ctrl+c
    >> is the usual shortcut for copy.

    > not sure about that, Ed.... I was thinking along the lines of the OP
    > wanting to copy a URL that *shows* in the Status Bar when you hover over
    > a link on a website (one that is a descriptive _click here to visit us_
    > , but not in the standard form hhtp://www.blabla.com)
    > The way to get those URLs would be a RIGHT click on the descriptive link
    > and select "Copy Link location"
    >
    > reg

    Yes, on reflection you're almost certainly right - my mistake!

+ Reply to Thread