1.5.0.4. + I get a Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger - Mozilla

This is a discussion on 1.5.0.4. + I get a Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger - Mozilla ; Dear All, dutifully installed update 1.5.0.4. Now I cannot start it up. I get a Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger error. The ideal solution would be to get rid of this dear debugger, but I cannot find it on my HD ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

  1. 1.5.0.4. + I get a Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger

    Dear All,
    dutifully installed update 1.5.0.4. Now I cannot start it up. I get a
    Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger error.
    The ideal solution would be to get rid of this dear debugger, but I
    cannot find it on my HD and I cannot find anything in the Microsoft
    knowledge base.
    Thanks for any help
    Neil 1.5.0.4

  2. Re: 1.5.0.4. + I get a Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger

    On 02-06-2006 20:25 CET, Neil Smith composed this enchanting statement:
    > Dear All,
    > dutifully installed update 1.5.0.4. Now I cannot start it up. I get a
    > Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger error.
    > The ideal solution would be to get rid of this dear debugger, but I
    > cannot find it on my HD and I cannot find anything in the Microsoft
    > knowledge base.
    > Thanks for any help
    > Neil 1.5.0.4

    Did the install of the update finish? It could be an error message from
    the Installer.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  3. Re: 1.5.0.4. + I get a Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger

    A far as I am aware. I get it each time I try to start up FF now.
    "Melchert Fruitema" wrote in message
    news:hpOdnSriwagsKx3ZnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > On 02-06-2006 20:25 CET, Neil Smith composed this enchanting statement:
    >> Dear All,
    >> dutifully installed update 1.5.0.4. Now I cannot start it up. I get a
    >> Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger error.
    >> The ideal solution would be to get rid of this dear debugger, but I
    >> cannot find it on my HD and I cannot find anything in the Microsoft
    >> knowledge base.
    >> Thanks for any help
    >> Neil 1.5.0.4

    > Did the install of the update finish? It could be an error message from
    > the Installer.
    >
    > --
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Melchert
    >
    > MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  4. Re: 1.5.0.4. + I get a Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger

    On 02-06-2006 20:25 CET, Neil Smith composed this enchanting statement:
    > Dear All,
    > dutifully installed update 1.5.0.4. Now I cannot start it up. I get a
    > Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger error.
    > The ideal solution would be to get rid of this dear debugger, but I
    > cannot find it on my HD and I cannot find anything in the Microsoft
    > knowledge base.
    > Thanks for any help

    On second thought. You must have gotten something from Visual Studio on
    your system that's trying to debug the proceedings of a C compiled
    program, Firefox most likely.

    Are you sure nothing of that kind was stored on your system some day?

    Do a search on Google.com for

    "Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger error"

    .... and take it from there.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  5. Re: 1.5.0.4. + I get a Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger

    The results fall into tow categories: 1. they assume that I have visual
    studio installed. 2. people with the same problem that they can not solve
    nor can anyone else. Can you?

    > On 02-06-2006 20:25 CET, Neil Smith composed this enchanting statement:
    >> Dear All,
    >> dutifully installed update 1.5.0.4. Now I cannot start it up. I get a
    >> Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger error.
    >> The ideal solution would be to get rid of this dear debugger, but I
    >> cannot find it on my HD and I cannot find anything in the Microsoft
    >> knowledge base.
    >> Thanks for any help
    >>

    > On second thought. You must have gotten something from Visual Studio on
    > your system that's trying to debug the proceedings of a C compiled
    > program, Firefox most likely.
    >
    > Are you sure nothing of that kind was stored on your system some day?
    >
    > Do a search on Google.com for
    >
    > "Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger error"
    >
    > ... and take it from there.
    >
    > --
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Melchert
    >
    > MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  6. Re: 1.5.0.4. + I get a Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger

    Neil Smith wrote:
    > The results fall into tow categories: 1. they assume that I have visual
    > studio installed. 2. people with the same problem that they can not solve
    > nor can anyone else. Can you?
    >
    > "Melchert Fruitema" wrote in message
    >> On 02-06-2006 20:25 CET, Neil Smith composed this enchanting statement:
    >>> Dear All,
    >>> dutifully installed update 1.5.0.4. Now I cannot start it up. I get a
    >>> Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger error.
    >>> The ideal solution would be to get rid of this dear debugger, but I
    >>> cannot find it on my HD and I cannot find anything in the Microsoft
    >>> knowledge base.
    >>> Thanks for any help
    >>>

    >> On second thought. You must have gotten something from Visual Studio on
    >> your system that's trying to debug the proceedings of a C compiled
    >> program, Firefox most likely.
    >>
    >> Are you sure nothing of that kind was stored on your system some day?
    >>
    >> Do a search on Google.com for
    >>
    >> "Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger error"
    >>
    >> ... and take it from there.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Kind regards,
    >>
    >> Melchert
    >>
    >> MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

    Please bottom post in these newsgroups (i.e., place your reply below the
    quoted text). See http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    for further information. Thanks!

    When you go to Control Panel>>Add/Remove Programs do you see any entries
    for Visual Studio or its Debugger?

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    *Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

    Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
    Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

  7. Re: 1.5.0.4. + I get a Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger

    On 03-06-2006 21:49 CET, Neil Smith composed this enchanting statement:
    > The results fall into tow categories: 1. they assume that I have visual
    > studio installed. 2. people with the same problem that they can not solve
    > nor can anyone else. Can you?
    >
    > "Melchert Fruitema" wrote:
    >>>

    >> On second thought. You must have gotten something from Visual Studio on
    >> your system that's trying to debug the proceedings of a C compiled
    >> program, Firefox most likely.
    >>
    >> Are you sure nothing of that kind was stored on your system some day?
    >>
    >> Do a search on Google.com for
    >>
    >> "Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger error"
    >>
    >> ... and take it from there.

    You are welcome, on the condition that you have a look at search results.
    I am not going to debug anything on your behalf, not knowing the
    necessary detail.

    Please bottom post your replay, quoting as much context as necessary to
    understand your reply.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  8. Re: 1.5.0.4. + I get a Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger

    Dear Melchart,
    As I said, the searches advise what to do if you have Visual Studio,
    which I do not. I don't want to debug. I want this dialogue box to disappear
    so I can use FF.
    Thanks
    "Melchert Fruitema" wrote in message
    news:BOydnSvgIf_qUB_ZnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > On 03-06-2006 21:49 CET, Neil Smith composed this enchanting statement:
    >> The results fall into tow categories: 1. they assume that I have visual
    >> studio installed. 2. people with the same problem that they can not solve
    >> nor can anyone else. Can you?
    >>
    >> "Melchert Fruitema" wrote:
    >>>>

    >>> On second thought. You must have gotten something from Visual Studio on
    >>> your system that's trying to debug the proceedings of a C compiled
    >>> program, Firefox most likely.
    >>>
    >>> Are you sure nothing of that kind was stored on your system some day?
    >>>
    >>> Do a search on Google.com for
    >>>
    >>> "Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger error"
    >>>
    >>> ... and take it from there.
    >>>

    > You are welcome, on the condition that you have a look at search results.
    > I am not going to debug anything on your behalf, not knowing the necessary
    > detail.
    >
    > Please bottom post your replay, quoting as much context as necessary to
    > understand your reply.
    >
    > --
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Melchert
    >
    > MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  9. Re: 1.5.0.4. + I get a Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger

    I cannot find it on my HD nor can I find anything related to it in the
    Add/Remove applet.
    Thanks
    "Irwin Greenwald" wrote in message
    news:nPydnW0d97lmaxzZnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Neil Smith wrote:
    >> The results fall into tow categories: 1. they assume that I have visual
    >> studio installed. 2. people with the same problem that they can not solve
    >> nor can anyone else. Can you?
    >>
    >> "Melchert Fruitema" wrote in message
    >>> On 02-06-2006 20:25 CET, Neil Smith composed this enchanting statement:
    >>>>
    >>> On second thought. You must have gotten something from Visual Studio on
    >>> your system that's trying to debug the proceedings of a C compiled
    >>> program, Firefox most likely.
    >>>
    >>> Are you sure nothing of that kind was stored on your system some day?
    >>>
    >>> Do a search on Google.com for
    >>>
    >>> "Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger error"
    >>>
    >>> ... and take it from there.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Kind regards,
    >>>
    >>> Melchert
    >>>
    >>> MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

    > Please bottom post in these newsgroups (i.e., place your reply below the
    > quoted text). See http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    > for further information. Thanks!
    >
    > When you go to Control Panel>>Add/Remove Programs do you see any entries
    > for Visual Studio or its Debugger?
    >
    > --
    > Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    > *Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*
    >
    > Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
    > Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

  10. Re: 1.5.0.4. + I get a Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger

    On 04.06.2006 03:57 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Neil Smith
    to generate the following:? :

    >Dear Melchart,
    > As I said, the searches advise what to do if you have Visual Studio,
    >which I do not. I don't want to debug. I want this dialogue box to disappear
    >so I can use FF.
    >Thanks
    >"Melchert Fruitema" wrote in message
    >news:BOydnSvgIf_qUB_ZnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >

    >>On 03-06-2006 21:49 CET, Neil Smith composed this enchanting statement:
    >>

    >>>The results fall into tow categories: 1. they assume that I have visual
    >>>studio installed. 2. people with the same problem that they can not solve
    >>>nor can anyone else. Can you?

    >>You are welcome, on the condition that you have a look at search results.
    >>I am not going to debug anything on your behalf, not knowing the necessary
    >>detail.
    >>
    >>Please bottom post your replay, quoting as much context as necessary to
    >>understand your reply.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Kind regards,
    >>
    >>Melchert
    >>
    >>MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

    If you feel secure on your computer, do a search of the registry for
    "Visual Studio" and delete any reference that comes up....

    CLOSE ALL RUNNING APPS!!!

    *Create a System Restore Point* (VERY important)

    WIN-Start
    Run
    enter Regedit
    mark the *very top* entry (should be Desktop)
    click main menu Edit>>Search
    Enter Visual Studio in the search field

    start the search. If you get a result, *READ IT* and decide what to do
    (probably delete it)
    hit the F3 key on your keyboard, to continue the search!

    With any luck, you will delete a registry-starting point for your de-bugger!

    reg

  11. Re: 1.5.0.4. + I get a Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger

    There is no entry in the registry for Visual Studio
    "squaredancer" wrote in message
    news:FLCdnRyEJs4Z3R7ZnZ2dnUVZ_vednZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > On 04.06.2006 03:57 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Neil Smith to
    > generate the following:? :
    >
    >>Dear Melchart,
    >> As I said, the searches advise what to do if you have Visual Studio,
    >> which I do not. I don't want to debug. I want this dialogue box to
    >> disappear so I can use FF.
    >>Thanks
    >>"Melchert Fruitema" wrote in message
    >>news:BOydnSvgIf_qUB_ZnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >>
    >>>On 03-06-2006 21:49 CET, Neil Smith composed this enchanting statement:

    >>>You are welcome, on the condition that you have a look at search results.
    >>>I am not going to debug anything on your behalf, not knowing the
    >>>necessary detail.
    >>>
    >>>Please bottom post your replay, quoting as much context as necessary to
    >>>understand your reply.
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>Kind regards,
    >>>
    >>>Melchert
    >>>
    >>>MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

    > If you feel secure on your computer, do a search of the registry for
    > "Visual Studio" and delete any reference that comes up....
    >
    > CLOSE ALL RUNNING APPS!!!
    >
    > *Create a System Restore Point* (VERY important)
    >
    > WIN-Start
    > Run
    > enter Regedit
    > mark the *very top* entry (should be Desktop)
    > click main menu Edit>>Search
    > Enter Visual Studio in the search field
    >
    > start the search. If you get a result, *READ IT* and decide what to do
    > (probably delete it)
    > hit the F3 key on your keyboard, to continue the search!
    >
    > With any luck, you will delete a registry-starting point for your
    > de-bugger!
    >
    > reg

  12. Re: 1.5.0.4. + I get a Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger

    On 05.06.2006 07:22 am, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Neil Smith
    to generate the following:? :

    >There is no entry in the registry for Visual Studio
    >"squaredancer" wrote in message
    >news:FLCdnRyEJs4Z3R7ZnZ2dnUVZ_vednZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >

    >>On 04.06.2006 03:57 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Neil Smith to
    >>generate the following:? :
    >>

    >>>Dear Melchart,
    >>> As I said, the searches advise what to do if you have Visual Studio,
    >>>which I do not. I don't want to debug. I want this dialogue box to
    >>>disappear so I can use FF.
    >>>Thanks
    >>>"Melchert Fruitema" wrote in message
    >>>news:BOydnSvgIf_qUB_ZnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..

    >>If you feel secure on your computer, do a search of the registry for
    >>"Visual Studio" and delete any reference that comes up....
    >>
    >>CLOSE ALL RUNNING APPS!!!
    >>
    >>*Create a System Restore Point* (VERY important)
    >>
    >>WIN-Start
    >>Run
    >>enter Regedit
    >>mark the *very top* entry (should be Desktop)
    >>click main menu Edit>>Search
    >>Enter Visual Studio in the search field
    >>
    >>start the search. If you get a result, *READ IT* and decide what to do
    >>(probably delete it)
    >>hit the F3 key on your keyboard, to continue the search!
    >>
    >>With any luck, you will delete a registry-starting point for your
    >>de-bugger!
    >>
    >>reg

    OK - was worth a try.... next place to look is your AotoStart folders!

    Window Start>>Run.... type in MSCONFIG hit OK

    Open the tab System Start and run down the list of ticked [ ] boxes,
    to see if Visual Studio is listed there somehow (be aware that the
    actual NAME of the start-up file may not exactly match this).
    If you find anything suspicious, UN-tick the [ ] box, OK out and
    re-boot. Tick the question box to not start these programs and continue
    the boot procedure.

    Let us know if this helps any....

    reg

  13. Re: 1.5.0.4. + I get a Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger

    Thanks for the suggestion but I couldn't spot anything. I have searched the
    reigstry and I cannot anyhthing there except a mention of just-in-time in a
    subfolder called Find History.
    > On 05.06.2006 07:22 am, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Neil Smith to
    > generate the following:? :
    >
    >>There is no entry in the registry for Visual Studio
    >>"squaredancer" wrote in message
    >>news:FLCdnRyEJs4Z3R7ZnZ2dnUVZ_vednZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >>
    >>>On 04.06.2006 03:57 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Neil Smith
    >>>to generate the following:? :

    >>>If you feel secure on your computer, do a search of the registry for
    >>>"Visual Studio" and delete any reference that comes up....
    >>>
    >>>CLOSE ALL RUNNING APPS!!!
    >>>
    >>>*Create a System Restore Point* (VERY important)
    >>>
    >>>WIN-Start
    >>>Run
    >>>enter Regedit
    >>>mark the *very top* entry (should be Desktop)
    >>>click main menu Edit>>Search
    >>>Enter Visual Studio in the search field
    >>>
    >>>start the search. If you get a result, *READ IT* and decide what to do
    >>>(probably delete it)
    >>>hit the F3 key on your keyboard, to continue the search!
    >>>
    >>>With any luck, you will delete a registry-starting point for your
    >>>de-bugger!
    >>>
    >>>reg
    >>>

    > OK - was worth a try.... next place to look is your AotoStart folders!
    >
    > Window Start>>Run.... type in MSCONFIG hit OK
    >
    > Open the tab System Start and run down the list of ticked [ ] boxes,
    > to see if Visual Studio is listed there somehow (be aware that the actual
    > NAME of the start-up file may not exactly match this).
    > If you find anything suspicious, UN-tick the [ ] box, OK out and re-boot.
    > Tick the question box to not start these programs and continue the boot
    > procedure.
    >
    > Let us know if this helps any....
    >
    > reg

  14. Re: 1.5.0.4. + I get a Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger

    Reading the error message it says that NO debugger has been enable. Perhaps
    another debugger can be activated.
    "squaredancer" wrote in message
    > On 05.06.2006 07:22 am, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Neil Smith to
    > generate the following:? :
    >
    >>There is no entry in the registry for Visual Studio
    >>"squaredancer" wrote in message
    >>news:FLCdnRyEJs4Z3R7ZnZ2dnUVZ_vednZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >>
    >>>On 04.06.2006 03:57 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Neil Smith
    >>>to generate the following:? :

    >>>If you feel secure on your computer, do a search of the registry for
    >>>"Visual Studio" and delete any reference that comes up....
    >>>
    >>>CLOSE ALL RUNNING APPS!!!
    >>>
    >>>*Create a System Restore Point* (VERY important)
    >>>
    >>>WIN-Start
    >>>Run
    >>>enter Regedit
    >>>mark the *very top* entry (should be Desktop)
    >>>click main menu Edit>>Search
    >>>Enter Visual Studio in the search field
    >>>
    >>>start the search. If you get a result, *READ IT* and decide what to do
    >>>(probably delete it)
    >>>hit the F3 key on your keyboard, to continue the search!
    >>>
    >>>With any luck, you will delete a registry-starting point for your
    >>>de-bugger!
    >>>
    >>>reg
    >>>

    > OK - was worth a try.... next place to look is your AotoStart folders!
    >
    > Window Start>>Run.... type in MSCONFIG hit OK
    >
    > Open the tab System Start and run down the list of ticked [ ] boxes,
    > to see if Visual Studio is listed there somehow (be aware that the actual
    > NAME of the start-up file may not exactly match this).
    > If you find anything suspicious, UN-tick the [ ] box, OK out and re-boot.
    > Tick the question box to not start these programs and continue the boot
    > procedure.
    >
    > Let us know if this helps any....
    >
    > reg

  15. Re: 1.5.0.4. + I get a Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger

    On 05.06.2006 07:51 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Neil Smith
    to generate the following:? :

    >Reading the error message it says that NO debugger has been enable. Perhaps
    >another debugger can be activated.
    >"squaredancer" wrote in message
    >

    >>On 05.06.2006 07:22 am, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Neil Smith to
    >>generate the following:? :
    >>

    >>>There is no entry in the registry for Visual Studio
    >>>"squaredancer" wrote in message
    >>>news:FLCdnRyEJs4Z3R7ZnZ2dnUVZ_vednZ2d@mozilla.org. ..

    >>OK - was worth a try.... next place to look is your AotoStart folders!
    >>
    >>Window Start>>Run.... type in MSCONFIG hit OK
    >>
    >>Open the tab System Start and run down the list of ticked [ ] boxes,
    >>to see if Visual Studio is listed there somehow (be aware that the actual
    >>NAME of the start-up file may not exactly match this).
    >>If you find anything suspicious, UN-tick the [ ] box, OK out and re-boot.
    >>Tick the question box to not start these programs and continue the boot
    >>procedure.
    >>
    >>Let us know if this helps any....
    >>
    >>reg

    only other thing I can suggest is to do both those "searches" again
    (regedit ans msconfig) but to enter debugger as the search criteria -
    otherwise, I'll have to look it up in one of my big intelligent
    books.... there may be an entry in WinIni, Autoexec.Bat,
    WinStart.Bat..... all over the place....

    reg

  16. Re: 1.5.0.4. + I get a Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 05.06.2006 07:51 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Neil
    > Smith to generate the following:? :
    >
    >> Reading the error message it says that NO debugger has been enable.
    >> Perhaps another debugger can be activated.

    to generate the following:? :

    Do you have any version of Ms Office installed?

  17. Re: 1.5.0.4. + I get a Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger

    jasee wrote:
    > squaredancer wrote:
    >> On 05.06.2006 07:51 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Neil
    >> Smith to generate the following:? :
    >>
    >>> Reading the error message it says that NO debugger has been enable.
    >>> Perhaps another debugger can be activated.

    > to generate the following:? :
    >
    > Do you have any version of Ms Office installed?

    Or netframework

  18. Re: 1.5.0.4. + I get a Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger

    MS Office 2002
    "jasee" wrote in message
    news:FYWdneFeXvroYxvZnZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > jasee wrote:
    >> squaredancer wrote:
    >>> On 05.06.2006 07:51 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Neil
    >>> Smith to generate the following:? :

    >> to generate the following:? :
    >>
    >> Do you have any version of Ms Office installed?

    > Or netframework

  19. Re: 1.5.0.4. + I get a Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger

    Neil Smith wrote:
    > MS Office 2002

    TYAT

    > "jasee" wrote in message
    > news:FYWdneFeXvroYxvZnZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> jasee wrote:

    >>> to generate the following:? :
    >>>
    >>> Do you have any version of Ms Office installed?

    >> Or netframework

  20. Re: 1.5.0.4. + I get a Visual Studio Just-in-time debugger

    I have netfrane work
    "jasee" wrote in message
    news:1qSdnX2aw8aU3xfZnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Neil Smith wrote: