Taking out the rubbish disables Firefox - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Taking out the rubbish disables Firefox - Mozilla ; I have a problem with emptying the rubbish. It asks if I want to empty 4 items when it only contains 3. I get a coded warning message then Firefox will not connect directly with web sites unless I re-try ...

  1. Taking out the rubbish disables Firefox

    I have a problem with emptying the rubbish. It asks if I want to
    empty 4 items when it only contains 3. I get a coded warning message then
    Firefox will not connect directly with web sites unless I re-try once or
    twice. Does anybody have the same problem? or maybe somebody could help.
    Thanks.

  2. Re: Taking out the rubbish disables Firefox

    "Gareth Wheeler" wrote in

    > I have a problem with emptying the rubbish. It asks
    > if I want to
    > empty 4 items when it only contains 3. I get a coded warning
    > message then Firefox will not connect directly with web sites
    > unless I re-try once or twice. Does anybody have the same
    > problem? or maybe somebody could help. Thanks.

    FireFox does not have a "rubbish" bin. So this makes no sense
    whatsover.

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

    Nid yw Cymru ar werth!

  3. Re: Taking out the rubbish disables Firefox

    Christopher Jahn wrote:
    > "Gareth Wheeler" wrote in
    >
    >> I have a problem with emptying the rubbish. It asks
    >> if I want to
    >> empty 4 items when it only contains 3. I get a coded warning
    >> message then Firefox will not connect directly with web sites
    >> unless I re-try once or twice. Does anybody have the same
    >> problem? or maybe somebody could help. Thanks.
    >>

    > FireFox does not have a "rubbish" bin. So this makes no sense
    > whatsover.

    No, but it DOES have 'trash', which is pretty much the same thing.
    Deleting the .msf file for the trash folder might solve the problem.

  4. Re: Taking out the rubbish disables Firefox

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Christopher Jahn wrote:
    >> "Gareth Wheeler" wrote in
    >>> I have a problem with emptying the rubbish. It asks
    >>> if I want to empty 4 items when it only contains 3. I get
    >>> a coded warning
    >>> message then Firefox will not connect directly with web sites
    >>> unless I re-try once or twice. Does anybody have the same
    >>> problem? or maybe somebody could help. Thanks.
    >>>

    >> FireFox does not have a "rubbish" bin. So this makes no sense whatsover.
    >>

    > No, but it DOES have 'trash', which is pretty much the same thing.
    > Deleting the .msf file for the trash folder might solve the problem.

    Ya know, I've been around and around in the Firefox menus and Firefox
    profile... I've *NEVER* seen a "trash" option. Where's yours?

    Could the OP be talking about Thunderbird - a mail client - which does
    in fact have a Trash folder?

  5. Re: Taking out the rubbish disables Firefox

    Ken Wagner wrote:
    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >> Christopher Jahn wrote:
    >>> "Gareth Wheeler" wrote in
    >>>>

    >>> FireFox does not have a "rubbish" bin. So this makes no sense
    >>> whatsover.
    >>>

    >> No, but it DOES have 'trash', which is pretty much the same thing.
    >> Deleting the .msf file for the trash folder might solve the problem.

    > Ya know, I've been around and around in the Firefox menus and Firefox
    > profile... I've *NEVER* seen a "trash" option. Where's yours?
    >
    > Could the OP be talking about Thunderbird - a mail client - which does
    > in fact have a Trash folder?

    Sorry, I still think of the two as a single program, since that is
    pretty much how they work. When someone posts about TB, related things,
    I reply about them, even if they said FF.

  6. Re: Taking out the rubbish disables Firefox

    Ron Hunter wrote in

    > Christopher Jahn wrote:
    >> "Gareth Wheeler" wrote in
    >>
    >>> I have a problem with emptying the rubbish. It
    >>> asks if I want to
    >>> empty 4 items when it only contains 3. I get a coded warning
    >>> message then Firefox will not connect directly with web
    >>> sites unless I re-try once or twice. Does anybody have the
    >>> same problem? or maybe somebody could help. Thanks.
    >>>

    >> FireFox does not have a "rubbish" bin. So this makes no
    >> sense whatsover.
    >>

    > No, but it DOES have 'trash', which is pretty much the same
    > thing.

    No, Firefox does NOT have "trash".

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

    "Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before."
    Mae West

  7. Re: Taking out the rubbish disables Firefox

    Christopher Jahn wrote:
    > Ron Hunter wrote in
    >
    >> Christopher Jahn wrote:
    >>> "Gareth Wheeler" wrote in

    >>> FireFox does not have a "rubbish" bin. So this makes no
    >>> sense whatsover.
    >>>

    >> No, but it DOES have 'trash', which is pretty much the same
    >> thing.

    > No, Firefox does NOT have "trash".

    Haven't been to some of the websites I have seen, have you? Grin.
    Maybe a trash icon would be a good idea. Find a website you NEVER want
    to return to, and click the trash icon. Works for me.

  8. Re: Taking out the rubbish disables Firefox

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Christopher Jahn wrote:
    >> Ron Hunter wrote in

    >>> No, but it DOES have 'trash', which is pretty much the same
    >>> thing.

    >> No, Firefox does NOT have "trash".
    >>

    > Haven't been to some of the websites I have seen, have you? Grin.
    > Maybe a trash icon would be a good idea. Find a website you NEVER
    > want to return to, and click the trash icon. Works for me.

    That sounds like a nifty idea for an extension

  9. Re: Taking out the rubbish disables Firefox

    On 15.05.2006 10:03 am, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Moz
    Champion (Dan) to generate the following:? :

    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >
    >> Christopher Jahn wrote:
    >>
    >>> Ron Hunter wrote in

    >>> No, Firefox does NOT have "trash".
    >>>

    >> Haven't been to some of the websites I have seen, have you? Grin.
    >> Maybe a trash icon would be a good idea. Find a website you NEVER
    >> want to return to, and click the trash icon. Works for me.

    > That sounds like a nifty idea for an extension

    *lol* ..... and, we'll start at the M$ websites...

    reg

+ Reply to Thread